Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  77
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bevo on AFL 360

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo on AFL 360

Tonight
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo on AFL 360

Bevo opening up about how challenging the week was with all the outside noise. He was very proud of how everyone internally handled it, both the staff and the players.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said that he used to get upset by some outside commentary but he doesn't now, because he knows which ones just make it up! He said a lot of the commentary is water off a ducks back because he knows it isn't true.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 13-05-2024 at 08:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it effect the people around you? Yes it does. There is still a lot of credibility in jouranlism, but there a few people who let you all down.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Luke Beveridge.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

One of Bevo?s best interviews for mine, it was great to hear from him directly about where the team is at and change it is.

7. Likes azabob, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Does it effect the people around you? Yes it does. There is still a lot of credibility in jouranlism, but there a few people who let you all down.
    Could you name a creditable journo ?
    Don’t get them mixed up with an AFL reporter.
    Journos are all about making a story with no actual backing it up with facts, trying to compete for the clicks , then they all go with that story.
    It’s spin doctoring headline grabbing stories and 99% aren’t true.
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo speaking about the evolution of our footy team. How many younger players are playing more prominent roles. Talks about this evolution of the club will be very different to the past, especially the core midfield group. There is change afoot.

He says he wants to stay around. He has lots of energy still. He wants to ensure that his place at the footy club is demanded and needed. If it is time for change we will all need to make that decision together. The antenna will need to be up

He always says that there are three things that get you.

1. Media. Outside noise. It can become too much. If it gets to that, just tell me. We are not there at the moment.

2. Bevo can do something wrong. A sackable offence. He will be sacked.

3. You lose the playing group. He doesn't believe he will ever lose the playing group. That won't happen.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 13-05-2024 at 09:00 PM.

11. Likes kruder, macca, Uninformed, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo on Libba. With recent retirements my concern around Libba is significant.

We hold on to a strong hope that he can play again.

(Reading his body language and just guessing, my thoughts were he thinks that Libba will not play again.)

Post Thanks / Like

Great job AP. I watched the interview and you nailed it.

Post Thanks / Like

You can often tell when a coach is struggling and it's not just with the wins and losses and I'm not sensing that in anyway with Bevo.
    I'm chips in on him coaching out the year in just about any scenario. I'm also open to him going on beyond his contract but understanding things can change.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You can often tell when a coach is struggling and it's not just with the wins and losses and I'm not sensing that in anyway with Bevo.
    I'm chips in on him coaching out the year in just about any scenario. I'm also open to him going on beyond his contract but understanding things can change.
    Same GVGjr. He spoke really well and still has unwavering belief in himself.

I also got great comfort from his self awareness around when a coaching tenure comes to an end and the conversations he has had with the senior leaders in the club.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He has admitted the team is changing and pointed it out , so no way will the club sack him when they have obviously agreed on the new evolution.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

With Beveridge people try and find something in the things he isn't saying rather than just listening to the things he is saying.

He's been consistent with his messaging all year, and was again tonight. We need to evolve to improve and steps are being taken to to ensure that evolution. When he reeled off the names in the side Saturday night it was really obvious we're watching a completely different team from the 2021 GF side and those that followed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, I loved Longmuir giving Geelong a clip for how they abused the HIA assessment with Jeremy Cameron. Incident has been totally swept under the carpet.

Brent Daniels had to come off in a PF with 5 mins to go (no concussion confirmed) and that incident was far less severe than Cameron's one.

Geelong need to be held to account but these pricks operate under different rules to the rest of the competition (as evidenced by their 55 stages of pissant pork-barrel $500m stadium upgrades).
    Last edited by Sedat; 14-05-2024 at 02:31 PM.