Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bevo on AFL 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo on AFL 360

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You can often tell when a coach is struggling and it's not just with the wins and losses and I'm not sensing that in anyway with Bevo.
    I'm chips in on him coaching out the year in just about any scenario. I'm also open to him going on beyond his contract but understanding things can change.
    Why would he be? He’s safe as houses, has all the time in the world.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Bevo represented himself and the club very well. He came across as someone who was confident in his ability and with a solid understanding of where the club is at in this current evolution.

Hopefully we can be competitive in this next stretch of games, win a few and silence some of the critics.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo speaking about the evolution of our footy team. How many younger players are playing more prominent roles. Talks about this evolution of the club will be very different to the past, especially the core midfield group. There is change afoot.

He says he wants to stay around. He has lots of energy still. He wants to ensure that his place at the footy club is demanded and needed. If it is time for change we will all need to make that decision together. The antenna will need to be up

He always says that there are three things that get you.

1. Media. Outside noise. It can become too much. If it gets to that, just tell me. We are not there at the moment.

2. Bevo can do something wrong. A sackable offence. He will be sacked.

3. You lose the playing group. He doesn't believe he will ever lose the playing group. That won't happen.
    Did you play evolution bingo?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Bevo represented himself and the club very well. He came across as someone who was confident in his ability and with a solid understanding of where the club is at in this current evolution.

Hopefully we can be competitive in this next stretch of games, win a few and silence some of the critics.
    Thanks for your updates, well summed up for those who didn't get a chance to watch it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The most impressive thing for me is that the bloody rockstar wore Birkenstocks on live tv.

8. Likes EasternWest, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    The most impressive thing for me is that the bloody rockstar wore Birkenstocks on live tv.
    I almost vomited thinking they put him on live TV with no shoes on, and then I virtually vomited again when I realised they put him on live TV in Berks.

The last time I saw anything as crazy as that was when Alastair Clarkson wore shorts on "On the Couch" when he'd just taken over the Hawks.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I almost vomited thinking they put him on live TV with no shoes on, and then I virtually vomited again when I realised they put him on live TV in Berks.

The last time I saw anything as crazy as that was when Alastair Clarkson wore shorts on "On the Couch" when he'd just taken over the Hawks.
    Some things just stick with you don’t they?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Probably had his wetsuit on underneath the polo and chinos.

Post Thanks / Like

He always says that there are three things that get you.

1. Media. Outside noise. It can become too much. If it gets to that, just tell me. We are not there at the moment.

2. Bevo can do something wrong. A sackable offence. He will be sacked.

3. You lose the playing group. He doesn't believe he will ever lose the playing group. That won't happen.
    Where does a poor W/L record and not getting the best out of a group fit in here?

Is that just not a thing for Bevo?

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Pleather Sole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Where does a poor W/L record and not getting the best out of a group fit in here?

Number 2.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

It plays a big part in the assessment but at the moment waiting until the end of the season seems okay to me rather than just making a change.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It plays a big part in the assessment but at the moment waiting until the end of the season seems okay to me rather than just making a change.
    We now know what the reviews were.
    To refresh the list a little and change tact, new assistants new ideas would help that, Beveridge was still seen as the coach to do it.
    I believe there is a set plan within the club and they are all on board, they know there might be hiccups.
    I’ve also seen little snippets of the VFLW and AFLW sides being merged as a one team, all in it together mentality and we all know how bad our women’s program has been the last few years.
    Check out our VFLW results and our VFL results, something is a foot and it looks extremely positive.
    This could be our Brendan Gale Richmond moment, time will tell.
    Bring back the biff

18. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Some things just stick with you don?t they?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

20. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    He certainly is a different cat old Bevo. Gives 0 fks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Number 2.
    In the way Bevo described number 2 it didn't feel like being at the helm of a under performing team was in that category.

I'm ok with that too... for me it is as simple as we need to make the finals and perform in them for him to stay on. Having 3 BOG average years in a row after our GF year simply isn't good enough.

A huge 5 weeks coming up for Bevo.

23. Likes Sedat liked this post