Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  74
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF welcomes Aiden O'Driscoll to the Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I should clarify. I don't want clarity on his specific diagnosis. That is own medical privacy. I'm interested in how they make a decision like this? What is their criteria? How do they make it?
    How do we not get sued.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I should clarify. I don't want clarity on his specific diagnosis. That is own medical privacy. I'm interested in how they make a decision like this? What is their criteria? How do they make it?
    Clearly there was a risk to health, beyond suffering a standard concussion. Whatever the issues are above and beyond concussion they amount to a risk that no one is prepared to take with a young man?s wellbeing.

Clearly the club had concerns as he hadn?t played a game or even been involved in contact training for many months. That concern was clearly recognised by the medical review too.

I think it?s very simple. This was a severe injury that all doctors agreed posed a risk to him. Where the only outcome in light of the injury suffered was to avoid future head injuries. It?s not completely unsurprising when standard concussions are a couple of weeks out and he?s done no contact training for months.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was mentioned that the scan on Murphy from Collingwood showed a deterioration in brain activity, hence the decision to retire
    Can only assume something similar here?
    Gee this is sad
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

5. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad for the guy.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gutted for the kid. I hope the club can keep him around and involved somehow until at least the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible news, wish him all the best

Post Thanks / Like

I'm late to this news. What devastating news for the kid. I really hope he's supported and find a role for him at the club in some capacity

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph

Only one reported concussion. A panel of four brain experts who told O’Driscoll & his family one more concussion might lead to severe difficulties with his quality of life. Brain scans a big factor. But will get a $250K injury payment.

Post Thanks / Like

$250k isn't a lot against future earning potential but again he may not have cracked it at all.
    The up side he has his health and mobility and he could say in footy in other ways from umpiring to physio if he is happy with that.
    Heartbreaking as a youth to see your dreams go down the toilet but if he makes it to 80 years old he might be grateful someone intervened.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

12. Likes EasternWest, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel for Aiden. I read in the pre season thread about that incident at training. His health is paramount and I hope he has great future ahead.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

14. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post