Thanks Thanks:  64
Likes Likes:  558
Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2060616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1073
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

I’m pissed off as he was an opposition fan actually encouraging the player and doing what opposition supporters should be like, not berating , swearing or abusing , he was actually very friendly about it.
    If anything the AFL should have found some way to encourage the way he went about it but add we shouldn’t touch players.
    The guy has been punished for being a decent fan.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty recognisable dude. He’ll get crap from oppo supporters for the rest of his life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What happened to you man? The EW I knew would never have asked that out loud as he knew the answer already. We all know it.
    Weak moment sorry. Won't happen again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The guy who touched Pickett in our game last year got more - banned until the end of this year.

I don't mind the penalties, anyone with half a brain cell knows you can't go touching players. If you let these innocuous incidents go it will only embolden the brain dead morons to push the boundaries further until we end up with something nasty happening.

Maybe Toby Greene could go full Eric Cantona occasionally to keep the crowds on their toes.
    Then no more laps around the ground after the game, high fiving and hugging and getting selfies with the fans then. If we let those innocuous incidents go it will only embolden the brain dead morons to push the boundaries further unti we end up getting something nasty happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Worth watching the clip https://x.com/9NewsMelb/status/1790294517544817009

Incredibly articulate for a Collingwood supporter. Good on him for owning it and apologising. Kudos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Then no more laps around the ground after the game, high fiving and hugging and getting selfies with the fans then. If we let those innocuous incidents go it will only embolden the brain dead morons to push the boundaries further unti we end up getting something nasty happening.
    It’s my opinion and you are welcome to yours but I would never write such disrespectful crap to another poster like this.

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s my opinion and you are welcome to yours but I would never write such disrespectful crap to another poster like this.
    Hey they're just your words mate. I'm not attacking you, I'm using them in a different context.

My point was more about where do you draw the line? Like I said in my original post it's good that fans have proximity to players. I'd hate to lose that.

If we're gonna make an example of a someone touching a player, I don't think making the guy who was gentle and harmless the right target.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey they're just your words mate. I'm not attacking you, I'm using them in a different context.

My point was more about where do you draw the line? Like I said in my original post it's good that fans have proximity to players. I'd hate to lose that.

If we're gonna make an example of a someone touching a player, I don't think making the guy who was gentle and harmless the right target.
    Your point was fine and the first half of your post is fine, parroting my words back at me isn’t. You might not have meant it like that but it came across as nasty. I’m not here for interactions like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Your point was fine and the first half of your post is fine, parroting my words back at me isn’t. You might not have meant it like that but it came across as nasty. I’m not here for interactions like that.
    Take it how you want axe, I can't tell you how to feel. I'm on the forum for discussion, which means I'm on the forum for counter points to my opinion, and to provide counter points to other people's opinions. If you don't like me repeating what you said back to you, maybe there's something in that. Maybe there isn't, I don't know.

I repeat I'm not attacking you, just giving a counter point.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact a bloke gets a year for a hug with absolutely no intention of harm and a bit of fan engagement but a footballer who has been actually harassing women only gets the rest of the year is comical if it wasn’t so true.
    Oh and Tom Morris doing the interview shows just how there is an elitest element at AFL house.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty ok with people getting bans for uninvited contact with players mid game. I mean this guy was "friendly " but I don't think taking someone's head in both your hands is really a good idea.

This is hardly the same as players interacting with the crowd after a game (or even the Hird hug) where both parties are clearly consenting.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Worth watching the clip https://x.com/9NewsMelb/status/1790294517544817009

Incredibly articulate for a Collingwood supporter. Good on him for owning it and apologising. Kudos.
    I feel sorry for the West Coke player that's going to take quite few bottles of DTD and hot showers after being hugged by a Feral supporter.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand why the AFL has acted the way that they have and I wonder if the player was part of the AFLW or if it was contact with an umpire if it would have been viewed differently by many supporters.
    There was absolutely no malice in the action but it needed to be addressed.
    I know a ban sounds harsh but would a warning have been sufficient to deter others?
    I feel for the guy and it's a hefty ban.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    I'm pretty ok with people getting bans for uninvited contact with players mid game. I mean this guy was "friendly " but I don't think taking someone's head in both your hands is really a good idea.

This is hardly the same as players interacting with the crowd after a game (or even the Hird hug) where both parties are clearly consenting.
    I feel.like I'm in crazy town reading this thread.

In my opinion there's WAY more risk walking around and hugging spectators after a game than there is in an incidental contact mid game.

To be clear: I don't think there's a particularly big risk in either activity. BUT if I want to stab a player, will I bank on the remote chance that that player might accidentally end up coming near me in the exact location I am during a game, or is there more chance he'll walk along the boundary line right in front of me after a game?

I think this is a MASSIVE overreaction by the AFL and they've totally got it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel.like I'm in crazy town reading this thread.

In my opinion there's WAY more risk walking around and hugging spectators after a game than there is in an incidental contact mid game.

To be clear: I don't think there's a particularly big risk in either activity. BUT if I want to stab a player, will I bank on the remote chance that that player might accidentally end up coming near me in the exact location I am during a game, or is there more chance he'll walk along the boundary line right in front of me after a game?

I think this is a MASSIVE overreaction by the AFL and they've totally got it wrong.
    It's called motivation by fear.

Scapegoat one to instil fear in the many.

It does seem a huge over reaction.