Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  77
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF welcomes Joel Freijah to the Kennel

Still doesn't look confident early in the game, and by the time the second half rolls around he gets better.
    He's going to be firmly entrenched in the best 22 next year. Just needs games under his belt.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Massive Embley vibes with JF. Just looks composed for his experience level and while still raw, will trouble with his pace and size.
    You mentioned this last week also.

Do you see him moving to a wing eventually?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He certainly skews the GC trade. Sanders, Freijah, part of Croft and a pick this year from GCS. Hopefully at least three future Starting 22 players.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes GVGjr, Smads57, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You mentioned this last week also.

Do you see him moving to a wing eventually?
    I knew you noticed.

I have no idea what we'll do with him, honestly. I guess level or behind the ball is his thing, but if he starts using it well and builds a tank I feel he could be a difference maker at half forward.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Massive Embley vibes with JF. Just looks composed for his experience level and while still raw, will trouble with his pace and size.
    Absolute agree, said the same thing in a vfl thread a few weeks back. Looks a ripper and has some attributes we desperately need.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance he gets a nod for the rising star this week? Though he was exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like

Really liking what I'm seeing from him. I wonder how he will go backing up with a 5 day break?
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Any chance he gets a nod for the rising star this week? Though he was exceptional.
    Lohmann kicked 5 last night. I think he gets it. He just qualifies.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He’s great user and is playing with freedom and dash. It reminds me of 2”15 era Bevo coaching to release the shackles on a young player coming in.

Separately loved JL’s insightful comment that he was “too weak” or similar words in a tackle. Amazing a player in his second game isn’t as strong as a seasoned opponent. Could’ve framed it so it wasn’t a clip… and I think JF is actually doing ok in powerful stakes (and will be imposing++ after another pre-season or two).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    He’s great user and is playing with freedom and dash. It reminds me of 2”15 era Bevo coaching to release the shackles on a young player coming in.

Separately loved JL’s insightful comment that he was “too weak” or similar words in a tackle. Amazing a player in his second game isn’t as strong as a seasoned opponent. Could’ve framed it so it wasn’t a clip… and I think JF is actually doing ok in powerful stakes (and will be imposing++ after another pre-season or two).
    I think JF physical strength will come through after 1 good pre-season. Eventhough he is big, he may not have the strength of smaller opponents.

English got tackled by Cognilgio yesterday in the second quarter, and he could not break the tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I think JF physical strength will come through after 1 good pre-season. Eventhough he is big, he may not have the strength of smaller opponents.

English got tackled by Cognilgio yesterday in the second quarter, and he could not break the tackle.
    JF will become better as he builds up his arm strength, this is why he is a good receive and run player this year, he has pace and very good delivery. One on one he isn’t built to take the hits and strength of a forward just yet unless playing on a young forward.
    It will come. Petracca like ;-)
    Bring back the biff