Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  333
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Adam Treloar

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Shout-Out to Adam Treloar Robbo

Only one Bulldogs player put his head up and spoke to the media after the terrible Hawthorn loss – Adam Treloar. He said what you’d expect, that it wasn’t Luke Beveridge’s fault, that the players had to take responsibility, and blah, blah, blah. But Treloar showed he could talk the talk and walk the walk. The next match he had 41 against Richmond and on Saturday in the heavy going against the Giants, he was best afield with 35 disposals. Queries about whether he gets down and dirty were also allayed because he had a game high 23 contested possessions. It was a match played in contest and on the deck, and Treloar and new midfield mate Ed Richards beat the much-heralded Giants midfield. Treloar is 31, is at his third club and is playing the best footy of his career. His ambition, of course, is to win a premiership. Personally, he would love to be an All Australian. He’s behind others for a starting spot in this year’s team but he should be in the mix to be in the AA squad. He deserves it.
    20 groundball gets, next best on the field was 10, and only 6 clearances in that mix. That speaks to how we was able to get from contest to contest, and pounce on loose balls.

The last two weeks he's gone to a new level. Probably no coincidence that Richards has played his best two midfield games, they've looked formidable in partnership.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    20 groundball gets, next best on the field was 10, and only 6 clearances in that mix. That speaks to how we was able to get from contest to contest, and pounce on loose balls.

The last two weeks he's gone to a new level. Probably no coincidence that Richards has played his best two midfield games, they've looked formidable in partnership.
    we have turned to speed, I believe this was part of the rejig we might have had planned in the review.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Adam's partner is retiring from netball after this weekend. Hopefully that means he should be with us for a few more years yet.

?I can?t keep up with you?: The moment Queensland Firebirds and Australia Diamonds great Kim Ravaillion knew it was time to retire

Retirement ? it is a word that has danced through Firebirds? captain Kim Ravaillion?s mind multiple times since her horror back injury- but an on court moment with Diamonds? Liz Watson forced her to make a decision.

Ravaillion was marked up against Watson at the weekend ? the Lightning the victors over their Queensland rivals.

?On the court on the weekend I knew I probably wouldn?t have the impact an X-Factor player would but I knew I could get in there and create, be an option.

?But there was a moment when I was playing against Lizzie and I grabbed her.

?She said ?so you are grabbing me now Rav?.

?And I said yeah, I can?t keep up with you.

?That?s when I knew it was my moment to go.?

Ravaillion has captained the side for the past three years, helping guide her teammates through some tough times on and off the court.

The mere fact Ravaillion, 30, is even on the court this season is remarkable.

She suffered a horrible back injury late last year which required spinal surgery.

The 60-Capped Diamond gave her recovery and rehab everything she had.

?I?ve pushed myself as hard as I can to get back to this level but when players like (Watson) are still pushing ahead that?s when I know that I?m done.?

Ravaillion said there was a part of her that had hoped she would be able to play another season.

?But I?ve had set back after set back this year,? she said.

?I?ve tried my hardest to get back to that elite level but I?m really struggling to pick things up, trying to get back to what I used to be.

?I just had this moment where I thought I?m done. If I push myself I?m just going to injure myself and it?s just not worth it.

?What?s more important is being the best mum I can be.?

There is a glimmer of tears in her eyes as she says those words ?I?m done?.

But it is soon followed by a smile as Ravaillion ponders what life without Super Netball or the Firebirds might look like.

There is no talk of coaching or commentating- it?s all focus on reuniting with her AFL playing partner Adam Treloar, more time with her four-year-old daughter Georgie and getting back to being a mum.

Returning to play for the Firebirds in 2021, a year after having Georgie, meant leaving Treloar behind in Melbourne.

?It?s been tough and it is part of the reason why I?m hanging up the dress, I want to get back to him,? she said.

?I?m grateful that he let me go away and pursue my dream but I?ve come to a point here I can?t keep up anymore and I really want to go home and be a family.

?I know it was hard for him to say go and do it and deep down he didn?t want me to go but he knew that I?d have been an unhappy Rav if I hadn?t stepped out and done what I?ve done over the past four years.

?I?m in a place where I?m okay, I?ve don?t it, I?ve loved it.

?But I?m ready to get home and maybe have another baby, just be a family and support him and be a mum to Georgie, be more present.?

While it has been a juggle and an incredible sacrifice Ravaillion knows it was the right choice.

?It?s something that I?m really proud of- to go and have a baby and then come back and play at the elite level,? she said.

?To show Georgie what she can do in years to come, when she wants to pursue whatever career she does that you can do both.

?I haven?t done it on my own, I?ve had so much support around me and I probably wouldn?t have been able to do it without that support.

?I encourage more women to not sit down and set their career aside because they are a mum but to get out there and show them that you can do all the things that you want to do.?

Ravaillion?s career hasn?t ended on the high it started on with the Firebirds. She made the finals four years in a row in her first four seasons- winning back to back premierships in 2015-16.

Injury aside this season has been tough, especially with coach Bec Bulley stepping down mid-season.

Ravaillion is happy to settle with finishing her career with a win against the Vixens in front of a home crowd at Nissan this weekend.

She has no doubt the team will regroup next season and be able to return to being a Super Netball Force.

?We haven?t got it right in the last couple of years? she said.

?We learned from that.

?As you have seen over the last couple of rounds its been about finding that consistency and being able to back that up every single week.

? But that comes over time it will be able to grow.

?Getting that right person that knows how to manage players, that knows how to get the best out of those players and the belief in those players, is what is going to happen.?

Of all the memories and achievements- including a Commonwealth Games and World Cup gold- it is the 2015 grand final win with the Firebirds that Rav treasures most.

?I just remember that we were favourites the whole year and in that game the Swifts had the better of us until there was 40 seconds to go and it took Geitzy to say a few words.

?I just remember going holy crap we are gonna win this game and the confidence and the belief we had in each other in that moment is what stole that game from the Swifts.

?I watched it probably a month ago when I was struggling to get back with my rehab to remind myself that?s how good I used to be.

?That?s how good we can be.

?I just love watching it back and the memories that come from it. And I?m like that?s what the Firebirds are.?

4. Thanks mjp, The Adelaide Connection, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These phantom question marks are getting out of control. Seems to substitute apostrophes for question marks when writing on mobile too.

6. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ads has become my fave player (Caleb Daniel is too however poor Daniel has fallen off cliff, hope he can scale the heights again). My nickname for Adz is silk, he has become a loyal, run both ways player and an absolute to watch. Hope his body holds up & he plays for quite a few more years in RWB. Good luck to him and to Kim (not Liz-doh). Do they have kids ? I recall they might have one bubs but my memory might be wrong!!
    Last edited by josie; 10-07-2024 at 07:16 PM.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ads has become my fave player (Caleb Daniel is too however poor Daniel has fallen off cliff, hope he can scale the heights again). My nickname for Asz is silk, he has become a loyal, run both ways player and an absolute to watch. Hope his body holds up & he plays for quite a few more years in RWB. Good luck to him and to Liz. Do they have kids ? I recall they might have one bubs but my memory might be wrong!!
    Yes they have a little girl.

Also my wife's favourite.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes they have a little girl.

Also my wife's favourite.
    Never got to 100 with Collingwood. Hope he gets there with us for no ulterior motives just nice for him to do that...

12. Likes josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Never got to 100 with Collingwood. Hope he gets there with us for no ulterior motives just nice for him to do that...
    100% this. He is currently on 74 games. He can hopefully get to 100 games next season. He played 94 games with Collingwood and 79 with GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ads has become my fave player (Caleb Daniel is too however poor Daniel has fallen off cliff, hope he can scale the heights again). My nickname for Asz is silk, he has become a loyal, run both ways player and an absolute to watch. Hope his body holds up & he plays for quite a few more years in RWB. Good luck to him and to Liz. Do they have kids ? I recall they might have one bubs but my memory might be wrong!!
    It's in the article above - 4 year old daughter and Kim mentions possibly having another now she's retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Given the fine athletic pedigree of the parents I fully encourage them to have as many children as possible, also no ulterior motives...

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's in the article above - 4 year old daughter and Kim mentions possibly having another now she's retiring.
    Hopefully a Boy - one for each AFL team
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes azabob, josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam Treloar will play his 250th game against Melbourne on Friday night.

19. Thanks azabob, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes kruder, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think he'll win our b&f, due to consistency even in losses. He's had an outstanding year, and career.

Post Thanks / Like

So we picked him up for virtually nothing at the trade table and Collingwood picked up $1.5M of his ongoing salary.

He got his first AA jacket tonight.

Since joining us he’s kicked 46.32 - his most goals in any four year period in his career, and he’s improved his goal kicking accuracy exponentially since joining us too.

He just keeps getting better.

His season stats to date:

Adz with 31.68 disposals per game. Ranked #1 in the comp.

Full rankings:

Ranked 1st in Effective Disposals Per Game
    ● Ranked 2nd in Disposals Per Game
    ● Ranked 3rd in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
    ● Ranked 4th in Kicks Per Game
    ● Ranked 5th in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game
    ● Ranked 7th in Metres Gained Per Game
    ● Ranked 7th in Rebound 50s Per Game
    ● Ranked 10th in Marks Per Game
    ● Ranked 10th in Turnovers Per Game
    ● Ranked 16th in Supercoach Score Per Game
    ● Ranked 1st in Total Disposals
    ● Ranked 1st in Total Effective Disposals
    ● Ranked 2nd in Total Uncontested Possessions
    ● Ranked 3rd in Total AFL Fantasy Score
    ● Ranked 4th in Total Kicks
    ● Ranked 5th in Total Rebound 50s
    ● Ranked 6th in Total Marks
    ● Ranked 6th in Total Metres Gained
    ● Ranked 6th in Total Turnovers
    ● Ranked 14th in Total Supercoach Scores

Hopefully he brings up his 100th game with us next year and a career 300th before he retires. Maybe some more finals success with his experience too - his 6th final with us. Best trade ever for us I’d think in bang for buck.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

22. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get this man a Norm Smith, stat.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So we picked him up for virtually nothing at the trade table and Collingwood picked up $1.5M of his ongoing salary.

He got his first AA jacket tonight.

Since joining us he’s kicked 46.32 - his most goals in any four year period in his career, and he’s improved his goal kicking accuracy exponentially since joining us too.

He just keeps getting better.

His season stats to date:

Adz with 31.68 disposals per game. Ranked #1 in the comp.

Full rankings:

Ranked 1st in Effective Disposals Per Game
    ● Ranked 2nd in Disposals Per Game
    ● Ranked 3rd in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
    ● Ranked 4th in Kicks Per Game
    ● Ranked 5th in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game
    ● Ranked 7th in Metres Gained Per Game
    ● Ranked 7th in Rebound 50s Per Game
    ● Ranked 10th in Marks Per Game
    ● Ranked 10th in Turnovers Per Game
    ● Ranked 16th in Supercoach Score Per Game
    ● Ranked 1st in Total Disposals
    ● Ranked 1st in Total Effective Disposals
    ● Ranked 2nd in Total Uncontested Possessions
    ● Ranked 3rd in Total AFL Fantasy Score
    ● Ranked 4th in Total Kicks
    ● Ranked 5th in Total Rebound 50s
    ● Ranked 6th in Total Marks
    ● Ranked 6th in Total Metres Gained
    ● Ranked 6th in Total Turnovers
    ● Ranked 14th in Total Supercoach Scores

Hopefully he brings up his 100th game with us next year and a career 300th before he retires. Maybe some more finals success with his experience too - his 6th final with us. Best trade ever for us I’d think in bang for buck.
    Toyd still has him covered.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.