Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soapbox - R10

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Low key, I love Jordan Lewis as a special comments man. He has a serious footy intellect and articulates exactly what is happening out on the ground clearly and with a minimum of fuss
    He has a regular spot with Daniel Harford on racing 927am each Monday morning and is worth listening to on catch up
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Players running too far. Yes Rankine ran too far but players playing on from the defensive goal square after a point is kicked regularly run to 35-40 metres out from goal, players can get the ball at the 50 and kick a goal from 25 out yet these are never called. Lets get some consistency around it.
    Agree. Rankine was technically correct but they never interpret it that way so I think it was wrong in practice.

Why don't we just change the rule to 15 steps if that's the only way we choose to interpret it?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The one I don't understand is why do we still give warnings for the 6/6/6 rule out of position. Like the ruck nominations. Both are utterly useless.
    I think this is the rule working as intended.

The AFL wants 666 to happen but how do you make everyone obey it?

The answer is to give a free only if they do it twice. Result is you strong arm everyone into following the 666 thing without actually doing anything.

I get the warning looks dumb but I'd much prefer that than 1-2 frees given per game because someone was too slow to get into the goalsquare.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They measured it, it was over 20 metres. He was going flat out so a long stride length.
    They should be paying too far after every kick out if they are serious. The goal square is 10 metres and when players play on from kick outs they are more closer to the 50 meter line when they kick the ball meaning they have run far more than 15 metres.

Post Thanks / Like

They should never call it. Personally I like sick and cool stuff in my football.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -