Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the club 'RIGHT' about the Bevo narrative being personal?

I don't read/watch Damien Barrett stuff - but would imagine with him you could argue its 'personal'.

Otherwise though - I think the commentary has in large part been fair enough, and I think the club is a bit tone deaf if they truly believe its personal and want that narrative out there in the public. I mean, seriously, the perception is already that Bevo has too much power and nobody stands up to him - and then when there is justifiably some observations about the way he is managing selection, managing players and addressing areas of play that reoccur (multiple goals in succession, inability to defend) then the club defers to it being personal.

I think thats a bit rich.

I think all of Corner, Matt Lloyd and David King - as examples of those I hear a bit from - have been reasonable opinions. It doesn't mean that anyone has to agree with them. But I don't think they are 'personal'. They've all been backed up by some facts and analysis.

Post Thanks / Like

Caroline Wilson gives credit to Bevo and says they they have been critical of them and says what a great peformance it was and that is a team PLAYING FOR THEIR COACH . Cornes then whacks them again. He has more face than Myer. Caro tries to interrupt him to say it is not about you Kane. Ha.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1792504066100310350

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Caroline Wilson gives credit to Bevo and says they they have been critical of them and says what a great peformance it was and that is a team PLAYING FOR THEIR COACH . Cornes then whacks them again. He has more face than Myer. Caro tries to interrupt him to say it is not about you Kane. Ha.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1792504066100310350
    Caro has changed her tone just a bit after apologizing for saying Kylie needs to be more visible and then learning she does a regular gig on the ABC. Cornes, who I really don't mind, will just keep doubling down and I can't see him backing off.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand how this ****en numbnut can keep lauding our midfield that was clearly stale and ineffective, and has only rejuvenated since a positional change was made by the coaching team, and then talk to Darcy being a generational talent even though he's only played ten games.

When you have Wilson and Lloyd taking the piss out of you because of your stubbornness you should know it's time to ease it off a bit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post