Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  285
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    North got rid of a lot of older players, and now Clarkson is looking at bringing in established mature players to help the kids.
    Most of them were crap and the players that have kicked on did so due to positional change (hello Mason Wood).
    Their development is sub-par and they are losing the players they need to keep - JHF obviously, and likely LDU at the end of the year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Most of them were crap and the players that have kicked on did so due to positional change (hello Mason Wood).
    Their development is sub-par and they are losing the players they need to keep - JHF obviously, and likely LDU at the end of the year.
    Agree they had a lot of crap, but getting rid of 14 players in one go was a mistake.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Goldstein or Xerri could have rested forward while the other rucks . Goldstein does ok up forward and would have given Nth another forward option.
    Also his experience has been shown playing at Essendon.
    There's this bloke called Lobb who i reckon could be good for them who would actually be a better option than Goldy as a forward first back up ruck 2nd, hopefully they come hard to fight it out with the Pies, Saints and Dees for his services, he would be perfect for them for a few seasons, he wouldn't finish his career with team success but geez they could help fund his retirement a lot nicer than those other clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree they had a lot of crap, but getting rid of 14 players in one go was a mistake.
    We'll see how it pans out. They're playing a very long game and if they retain all players and top up with what they need they could be very dangerous for a long time. I don't think they're as far away as a lot of people think.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Morris

Rory Lobb will ask for a trade at the end of the season. With two years remaining on his contract, the @westernbulldogs will only deal if it suits them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Tom Morris

Rory Lobb will ask for a trade at the end of the season. With two years remaining on his contract, the @westernbulldogs will only deal if it suits them.
    Fully back that if that’s the clubs stance. We won’t get anything close to what we paid so he’s got no real value. While if something happens to Tim or a KPF, he’s got more to offer than club as a reserve big man than an average pick and some cap relief. So ask away Rory, but the club should absolutely not agree unless it’s a good deal for us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Morris

So that means a club (Collingwood perhaps) has offered him a bonafide deal. Fair enough.

We don't release him as he is valuable back up to our ruck and forward requirements and is contracted for 2 more years. Fair enough.

Dogs hold the aces.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Morris

Real team player.

Can't blame him I guess.

Bye Rory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Real team player.

Can't blame him I guess.

Bye Rory.
    I’m not sure anyone would take him having to take on two years salary at our club, personally we need him the next 4 weeks at least, I hope he plays.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure anyone would take him having to take on two years salary at our club, personally we need him the next 4 weeks at least, I hope he plays.
    Pies and Demons would i think.

Post Thanks / Like

he doesn't seek a trade without somewhere to go, especially when contracted.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Real team player.

Can't blame him I guess.

Bye Rory.
    I guess you can’t blame him for seeking a trade, but ultimately it is up to Rory to perform to the high level expected of him. It seems like he believes he is better than he actually is. He obviously has some talent but does not live upto his own hype. Really there is a position within our team if he wants it but he just doesn’t want it enough. Maybe Collingwood or a North is the answer.

13. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I guess you can’t blame him for seeking a trade, but ultimately it is up to Rory to perform to the high level expected of him. It seems like he believes he is better than he actually is. He obviously has some talent but does not live upto his own hype. Really there is a position within our team if he wants it but he just doesn’t want it enough. Maybe Collingwood or a North is the answer.
    Great call.

Post Thanks / Like

He's been such a massive fail.

Burning two seconds round picks on him also sucks.

I doubt he's with us next season.
    W00F!

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's been such a massive fail.

Burning two seconds round picks on him also sucks.

I doubt he's with us next season.
    Only way I see it happening is if Tim walks and he's our #1 Ruck.

This may work out beneficial for us, key would be to not be paying any salary at all if he's gone. Get a 2nd rounder back and we can cut our losses.