Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  55
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 11 vs Sydney Swans

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Stop double grabbing ground balls.
    He's not trust-worthy right now. I like his game but 100% get this...the coaches wouldn't have liked a couple of contests on the weekend - one 20m out left back pocket, one on the 'near to camera' wing just forward of the centre square (we were kicking right of screen)....

Simple feedback is be a bit stronger young fella. Basically needed to attack the footy with a bit more power and drive through it rather than waiting and snatching at the thing.
    While I don't disagree, the feedback to Bramble and even Gallagher would be interesting.

I like Gags but do think he's being given considerable more rope than others (stop trying to kick the ball off the ground Gags), and I just don't see it with Bramble (doesn't win the ball and doesn't defend well, kicking/decision making is suspect)
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What a terrible selection. One change is fine but to a very ordinary player. What a waste!
    I understand what you are saying but Scott is the perfect sub as he can play many positions. Better of continuing to develop Cleary at Footscray then using him as a sub. Scott possibly should be our permanent sub given his age bracket and versatility.

3. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I understand what you are saying but Scott is the perfect sub as he can play many positions. Better of continuing to develop Cleary at Footscray then using him as a sub. Scott possibly should be our permanent sub given his age bracket and versatility.
    I am a fan of Scott. He is tough as nails and kicks the ball beautifully, and agree the perfect sub.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's not trust-worthy right now. I like his game but 100% get this...the coaches wouldn't have liked a couple of contests on the weekend - one 20m out left back pocket, one on the 'near to camera' wing just forward of the centre square (we were kicking right of screen)....

Simple feedback is be a bit stronger young fella. Basically needed to attack the footy with a bit more power and drive through it rather than waiting and snatching at the thing.
    Mistakes are made by others as well. Khamis was given 6? weeks making mistakes. JOD too

6. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FWIW Gullen was saying on the midweek tackle that the rumour out of the kennel is that we are sore coming out of a 5 day break. I'm guessing he spent hours on the phones today to come up with this?

Massive game for the club this we desperately need to continue to build momentum.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar on his podcast with Dunks said he was shaking a pretty bad cold, saying that the lack of sleep after a hard travel schedule had taken a toll. He was quite nasally . Hopefully he can be 100% come tomorrow night.

9. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What a terrible selection. One change is fine but to a very ordinary player. What a waste!
    Who wouldn't be an ordinary player? We are picking from our reserves, if they were better than ordinary they would already be selected.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just a pure guess here: Given we sort of flagged that Daniel would be in the 22 we were considering using Cleary as the sub this week but went with a more versatile player.
    Lets see if he bounces right back into consideration.
    I'd wager he'll bounce back, but won't be considered again until next year. Bramble or Gallagher would have also been fine subs.

That's all well and good but how about the other five or so inexperienced guys who have had equally problematic weaknesses in their games but have been given a good run?

It's really not my intention to pot any of these guys, and I like the approach of blooding the future, but Gallagher, Bramble, O'Donnell, Khamis, Sanders have all struggled at the level and been given great exposure nonetheless. Why is it different with Cleary? He's now played 4 and a half games at senior level over three years, never having played more than two games consecutively.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Who wouldn't be an ordinary player? We are picking from our reserves, if they were better than ordinary they would already be selected.
    Scott played 22 games last year

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Scott played 22 games last year
    I think Scott is fine. Very solid role player. More questioning what wouldn't be an ordinary selection.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    That's all well and good but how about the other five or so inexperienced guys who have had equally problematic weaknesses in their games but have been given a good run?

It's really not my intention to pot any of these guys, and I like the approach of blooding the future, but Gallagher, Bramble, O'Donnell, Khamis, Sanders have all struggled at the level and been given great exposure nonetheless. Why is it different with Cleary? He's now played 4 and a half games at senior level over three years, never having played more than two games consecutively.
    I like some of the attributes that JOD has, but he?s costing us goals every week with poor defensive actions.

The 2 goals that Greene kicked from forward half stoppages were when he was opposed to JOD.

In the first goal Greene moved through the stoppage unopposed and when he took possession he was 2m in front of his opponent.

For the second one JOD allowed Greene to get goal side and then copped a block. He tried to hand over to Dale who slipped over the Greene kicked the goal.

These defensive lapses are happening too regularly in our backline and it needs to get sorted out. We can cover it in our blow out wins, but they continually hold us back in close games which have all gone the wrong way recently.

I?m all for developing players but they simply need to show improvement and stop making the same mistakes time and time again.

Post Thanks / Like

Horses for ocurses this week. Swans are big boys and strength down back will be needed. Scott a bigger body. Cleary looks like he needs another pre season but shows a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I like some of the attributes that JOD has, but he?s costing us goals every week with poor defensive actions.

The 2 goals that Greene kicked from forward half stoppages were when he was opposed to JOD.

In the first goal Greene moved through the stoppage unopposed and when he took possession he was 2m in front of his opponent.

For the second one JOD allowed Greene to get goal side and then copped a block. He tried to hand over to Dale who slipped over the Greene kicked the goal.

These defensive lapses are happening too regularly in our backline and it needs to get sorted out. We can cover it in our blow out wins, but they continually hold us back in close games which have all gone the wrong way recently.

I?m all for developing players but they simply need to show improvement and stop making the same mistakes time and time again.
    Greene is a unique footballer and he will kick goals on anyone no matter where you stand or who you are.

JOD probably not ready to play on someone Greene's standard but he is learning very quickly. For someone who has only played 20+ games of Senior football he is tracking rather well. The quicker he gets to 50 games the better for us as he will be a player.

18. Likes my plums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Cleary looks like he needs another pre season but shows a bit.
    He is 22 years old and been around 4 years - he needs to come good or he will be ripe for delisting

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Greene is a unique footballer and he will kick goals on anyone no matter where you stand or who you are.

JOD probably not ready to play on someone Greene's standard but he is learning very quickly. For someone who has only played 20+ games of Senior football he is tracking rather well. The quicker he gets to 50 games the better for us as he will be a player.
    18 games only

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is 22 years old and been around 4 years - he needs to come good or he will be ripe for delisting

18 games only
    Rumour has it Cleary is contracted until 2025. Not sure if we can confirm this rumour or not...
    More of an In Bruges guy?