Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Team Round 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 12

From the looks of it I doubt we'll see that many changes. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Josh Hill, Will Minson, Brodie Moles, Sam Reid
    Can't see Reid coming in to be honest. Minson will stay and I doubt we'll see Eagleton dropped so it's out of Hill, Addison, Everitt and Moles. 2 of those players will miss and I'm not surprised. Same players in and out of the side, same players stay in despite bad form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    From the looks of it I doubt we'll see that many changes. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Can't see Reid coming in to be honest. Minson will stay and I doubt we'll see Eagleton dropped so it's out of Hill, Addison, Everitt and Moles. 2 of those players will miss and I'm not surprised. Same players in and out of the side, same players stay in despite bad form.
    Nothing new & to think we weren't supposed to be accepting mediocrity as a club anymore, yeah right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Lake named a CHB is interesting.

Looks like Hahn and Eagleton will play. No wholesale changes unsurprisingly.
    I think this is just mind game It's like saying to Michael Voss: "Our FB is covered. Lake could potentially play anywhere .... may be forward, may be at the back" Let's the guess work doing their magic.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't phase me if Moles missed out this week. At times his decision mking leaves a lot to be desired. would be happy if the bench was; Minson; Hill Everitt & Reid.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree about Moles ,very pleasing to see Wood finally get a gig!

Post Thanks / Like

What's the difference between Sam Reid and Easton Wood? I get them mixed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    What's the difference between Sam Reid and Easton Wood? I get them mixed up.
    Wood is a fantastic athlete, normally plays at half back and is a good runner with the pill
    Reid is a real big bodied, contested ball winning mid

Post Thanks / Like

Hahn gets a game again. Fantastic. At first I thought that this was a mistake, but then I heard that Roger Merrett is coming out of retirement for one last game so at least Hahn will have a fighting chance of being able to keep up with someone on the opposition.

Stack gets a game again. Fantastic. Never mind the fact that he has lost the ability to gather the ball when it is below his knees yet he plays in a team seemingly unable to pass by hand or foot on the full.

So much for Eade's famous 'form and fitness' selection criteria.

If Eade is true to form, then the bench will be Minson, Eagleton, Hill and Addison - and if that happens then I am going to go berko. I'm happy that Wood is getting a well deserved chance but Everett had to be named in the starting eighteen as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlightoftheCallanWards View Post
    Wood on the field. Like it
    Stack also on the field. Not sure about that one
    I guess they have seen Stack develop and have faith in him. Let's hope he gets a bit of confidence and improves. I like the guy - alot of people in these forums have been grinding the axe for him to be cut. Hope all the guys just go for it this week and really play on fast, show guts and are not afraid to kick long to a 50/50

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Wood is a fantastic athlete, normally plays at half back and is a good runner with the pill
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
    Hahn gets a game again. Fantastic. At first I thought that this was a mistake, but then I heard that Roger Merrett is coming out of retirement for one last game so at least Hahn will have a fighting chance of being able to keep up with someone on the opposition.

Stack gets a game again. Fantastic. Never mind the fact that he has lost the ability to gather the ball when it is below his knees yet he plays in a team seemingly unable to pass by hand or foot on the full.

So much for Eade's famous 'form and fitness' selection criteria.

If Eade is true to form, then the bench will be Minson, Eagleton, Hill and Addison - and if that happens then I am going to go berko. I'm happy that Wood is getting a well deserved chance but Everett had to be named in the starting eighteen as well.
    Here Here! I don't get it as much as the team is struggling so is the coach and selection commitee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I would add that Reid is also a very good athlete, who is strong in the air

The question mark on both is kicking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I would add that Reid is also a very good athlete, who is strong in the air

The question mark on both is kicking
    To add further about Reid he has a bit of mongrel in him and we are sadly lacking this quality at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to see Wood in the team. Right about Reidy, one more week in Willy i reckon. Only came back a few weeks ago and doubt he'd have anywhere near the motor up yet.

Smurf or Evs in for Addison, and hopefully Eagleton as i just see him taking a young players spot atm, to the detriment of both the team and that player.

Can anyone see a defensive forward tag being placed on Alby Mangles? There's no immeadiate like for like inclusion that Wood replaces that i can see. Perhaps Eade wants him to just sit on Travis all day and negate his run, therefore holding up much of Brisbanes setup play from backward of centre? Just a theory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m.r.m View Post

can anyone see a defensive forward tag being placed on alby mangles?
    ha ha!