Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veteran Dog Boyd loving life down back

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    His work rate is the big plus down back and that is one thing that Boydy has in spades. I would think he will get better and better at the role and will need tagging at some point.
    I'm more interetsed in seeing if he can actually defend.. The next month will tell us more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm more interetsed in seeing if he can actually defend.. The next month will tell us more.
    It'll tell us more not only about Boyd as a learning defender, but indeed our entire squad and where we currently sit.

I've been a critic of Boyd for a number of years but he has had as good of a two weeks as he's ever had. Moreover, he does need to be commended for the way he's applied himself. We've had quite a few players crack the sads (Griffen, Higgins and co) and take their ball elsewhere, many of whom were once "lauded" for their mental strength. Boyd may not be as talented but he's got more mental strength in his cup of coffee than the others do.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I've been a critic of Boyd for a number of years but he has had as good of a two weeks as he's ever had. Moreover, he does need to be commended for the way he's applied himself. We've had quite a few players crack the sads (Griffen, Higgins and co) and take their ball elsewhere, many of whom were once "lauded" for their mental strength. Boyd may not be as talented but he's got more mental strength in his cup of coffee than the others do.
    It's always been a bit strange how lauded Crossy was for his mental strength yet Boyd who has shown similar application over the journey probably hasn't attracted the same level of respect outside of the inner sanctum.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes N/A, The Bulldogs Bite, azabob liked this post