Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs youngster Caleb Daniel is thriving in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It is rude.

Morons like that make those jokes as if they're the first people to think of it.

Ha ha, he's short. Look at me revolutionise humour.
    Don't forget his great work calling any women who walk passed a room he's in as 'the strippers are here'. I love winning to watch the footy shows on a leisurely Sunday morning, but the draw back is having to put up with morons who do their best to offer nothing but stupidity.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Western Bulldogs youngster Caleb Daniel is thriving in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I'm sure Brownless would be pleased if we joked about his ex wife and Lyon
    I would have thought something along those lines would have been appropriate at that time.

But I'm a rude bastard.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Caleb handled himself well. Obviously miles ahead of Billy Brownless.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

One testament to his value is just how much we missed him when he was out earlier this year - his clean hands and precise disposal are invaluable, and as others have said, he straightens us up by generally going direct with the ball.

I think he has a higher ceiling than a few others seem to - if you think of how important Sam Mitchell is, and the way Caleb shut him down for half a game. I also think he can get a lot more of the ball, and that he can use it even better (he has kicked a few out of bounds on the full late in games and quarters). His TAC numbers suggest that he has the capacity to accumulate even more, and I actually think he tends to win his fare share of contested ball, because his hands are so amazingly clean (he'll always get more as a linking player, but Sam Mitchell is also like that). He topped out at 19 disposals last season, but has got more than that in every game bar one this year, and his 29 possessions against the Hawks indicates a pretty high ceiling, at least to me.

Over the last couple of decades, how many 2nd year players have had Caleb's influence on a team contending for the top 4? Lots impact teams that are rebuilding, but I can't think of many who've done that for teams closer to the pointy end of the ladder. Chris Judd of course, and Bontempelli was already vital last year, and there must be others, but unlike them, Daniel was not a first or even second round pick...
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

5. Thanks bulldogtragic, Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, jeemak, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The way Caleb thought through that situation against the swans was magnificent. He could have bombed it to the point of the square. He could have taken a bounce and gone for glory himself. But he took a nano second to weigh everything up and bent the ball over two swan defenders and hit Bonti on the chest.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes strebla liked this post