Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    From what I've seen he's lucky to get it in all honesty.
    Bit rough. Clearly Dalrymple rated him highly to draft him so early. Why would you delist someone like that before they even turn 20?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Bit rough. Clearly Dalrymple rated him highly to draft him so early. Why would you delist someone like that before they even turn 20?
    Agree. Good decision

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    JMac ploughing through it, his list of players left to sign from the OP:

Jason Johannisen: 2017
    Josh Dunkley: 2017
    Stew Crameri: 2017
    Fletcher Roberts: 2017
    Lukas Webb: 2017
    Bailey Dale: 2017
    Jack Redpath: 2017

Probably after the season:

Mitch Honeychurch: 2017
    Declan Hamilton: 2017

Dale Morris: 2017 (30's)
    Matthew Boyd: 2017 (30's)
    Bob Murphy: 2017 (30's)

Roarke Smith: 2017 (Rookie)
    Bradley Lynch: 2017 (Rookie)
    Josh Prudden: 2017 (Rookie)
    Nathan Mc-Mc: 2017 (Rookie)
    Tristan Tweedie: 2017 (Rookie)
    Very keen to sign a lot of those players. Not sure what will happen with JJ but hopefully he'll stay on. Crameri from what we know has still got a future and they are looking hopefully for him to get going in 2018 (so it's kind of 2 years out for Crammers). Would be good if we retain Honeychurch. Not sure what Hamilton's future will be but from the VFL reports he has struggled somewhat.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Not sure what Hamilton's future will be but from the VFL reports he has struggled somewhat.
    I don't think Hamilton 'struggles' at VFL level (in fact he's been a pretty good contributor at that level so far this year). My query on him is our having better options to bring into the AFL side and that players drafted after his draft year (e.g. Dunkley, and potentially Lipinski this year) are already ahead of him while players drafted in his draft year are playing regular AFL football.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    I don't think Hamilton 'struggles' at VFL level (in fact he's been a pretty good contributor at that level so far this year). My query on him is our having better options to bring into the AFL side and that players drafted after his draft year (e.g. Dunkley, and potentially Lipinski this year) are already ahead of him while players drafted in his draft year are playing regular AFL football.
    Will we see Hamilton play in the seniors this year at some point. Honeychurch probably more likely. Tim English looks like he'll be an important player in the future - still very young but really good early start signs.

Jong
    Stringer
    JJ
    Dahl

These players have all been pretty good this year. I certainly think Stringer has picked up was dissapinting last season but becoming very important now and if he keeps his form up front the last game opposition teams will start to fear him. Jong has really improvised this year. I like how Wood has gone recently he has regained form again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley signs 2 year extension. JMac powering ahead.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes chef, Topdog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley signs 2 year extension. JMac powering ahead.
    Great news. Second most import signiture on the list above. Wonder why only 2 years? I would've thought three would have been more suitable.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The Western Bulldogs have secured another of its promising youngsters, with Josh Dunkley agreeing to terms on a two-year contract extension.

Dunkley, who is currently recovering from a shoulder injury, will remain at Victoria University Whitten Oval until at least the end of the 2019 season.

The 19-year-old joins Kieran Collins, Lewis Young, Patrick Lipinski, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams, Tim English and Bailey Williams as other Bulldogs to have recently signed contract extensions.

“Josh has made an impressive start to his AFL career and we’re thrilled to see him extend his contract with the Club,” said Bulldogs' List Manager Jason McCartney.

“His development in such a short time at the Bulldogs has been terrific, and clearly his upside is enormous for such a young player.

“It was disappointing to see him suffer an injury earlier this season, however we’re excited about what the future holds for him.”

After being taken with selection 25 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft, Dunkley played 17 games in his debut season, including being a member of the Bulldogs’ premiership side and being nominated for the Rising Star Award.

Playing as a forward who could spend time in the midfield, Dunkley averaged 16 disposals per game and kicked nine goals in 2016.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes ratsmac, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Great news. Second most import signiture on the list above. Wonder why only 2 years? I would've thought three would have been more suitable.
    Maybe the injury?

Really it's, to me, JJ, Dale, Roberts, Webb - After season finishes Crameri, Redpath, Hamilton, Honey, 30's, Rookies.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens reporting that Chris Grant is now taken over talks with JJ management. Not sure if that good or bad news? Interesting none the less.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the injury?

Really it's, to me, JJ, Dale, Roberts, Webb - After season finishes Crameri, Redpath, Hamilton, Honey, 30's, Rookies.
    Agree with that order.

Big Red will need a strong second half of the season to get a new contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mark Stevens reporting that Chris Grant is now taken over talks with JJ management. Not sure if that good or bad news? Interesting none the less.
    Good news. Every time I hear from his manager, I think he's the problem. Chris adds another sensible person into the mix which can only be a good thing if my reading of the tea leaves is correct.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Every time I hear from his manager, I think he's the problem. Chris adds another sensible person into the mix which can only be a good thing if my reading of the tea leaves is correct.
    Yeah hopefully it was JJ who suggested C Grant to talk to his manager. Hey Granty this bloke's off his tree, can you talk some sense to him so I can just sign already!
    Last edited by ratsmac; 13-06-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

The Western Bulldogs have secured another of its promising youngsters, with Josh Dunkley agreeing to terms on a two-year contract extension.

Dunkley, who is currently recovering from a shoulder injury, will remain at Victoria University Whitten Oval until at least the end of the 2019 season.

The 19-year-old joins Kieran Collins, Lewis Young, Patrick Lipinski, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams, Tim English and Bailey Williams as other Bulldogs to have recently signed contract extensions.

“Josh has made an impressive start to his AFL career and we’re thrilled to see him extend his contract with the Club,” said Bulldogs' List Manager Jason McCartney.

“His development in such a short time at the Bulldogs has been terrific, and clearly his upside is enormous for such a young player.

“It was disappointing to see him suffer an injury earlier this season, however we’re excited about what the future holds for him.”

After being taken with selection 25 in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft, Dunkley played 17 games in his debut season, including being a member of the Bulldogs’ premiership side and being nominated for the Rising Star Award.

Playing as a forward who could spend time in the midfield, Dunkley averaged 16 disposals per game and kicked nine goals in 2016.
    Awesome!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yeah hopefully it was JJ who suggested C Grant to talk to his manager. Hey Granty this bloke's of his tree, can you talk some sense to him so I can just sign already!
    Really? JJ is a 24 year old man that's appointed someone to act on his behalf. If his management is the issue, it's just as much his fault for allowing it to spiral.

I think if this continues, we're going to have to put our foot down at some point and take our offer off the table. This feels like JJ and management dragging us further and further into deeper waters.

The Hawks and Cats sides took pay cuts to keep the dynasty going, JJ clearly isnt of that thinking. Eventually we have to put a final offer to him and face the reality that he goes.

He's a gun but half backs are replaceable.

20. Likes azabob liked this post