Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Susan Alberti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Susan Alberti

Just a heads up - Susan Alberti will feature on Australian Story on the ABC tonight at 8:00pm.

A League of Their Own

Women have been playing Australian Rules Football in local clubs for decades but that's as far as they've been able to go. Now this is all about to change, with the launch of a National AFL Women's League in February 2017. A driving force behind this revolution is Western Bulldogs vice-president Susan Alberti.

The businesswoman and philanthropist has been a tireless advocate for women's AFL and a vocal critic of those she considers disrespectful to women. Susan Alberti is a great supporter of female players and one of the stars of the game she has come to admire is marquee Collingwood player, Moana Hope.

With her signature pearls and designer handbag, Susan Alberti would seem very different to the tattooed, shaved-haired Moana Hope. But as Australian Story reveals, the two women have more in common than meets the eye.

2. Thanks bornadog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reminding me about this -- a must-watch!

Post Thanks / Like

A great watch

Post Thanks / Like

Moana Hope has a great story, too. Two remarkable women. Susan Alberti is just an astonishing, brave, dynamic person. Couldn't admire her more.

6. Likes The bulldog tragician, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of people I work with who loved the story caught me by surprise. They couldn't believe how lovely and genuine both were.

By the way, there is one lady I work with who I think could make the grade as an AFL footballer. She also just won a premiership in the red, white and blue colours. I need to work out who I can contact at the club to pass on her name.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good was it when Moana spoke of her pride at being a (Collingwood) marquee player and that her only pinch of regret was that she didn't get to the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful program and nice to see quality TV, and not some cooking , Reno, classless marriage program .

Post Thanks / Like

What about a cooking renovation done by people in a classless marriage which is then commented on by people watching at home?

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched it on iview. Wonderful story.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved that little 'aw' moment when Sue and Bonti had a little hug at the top of the race after Mitch broke his leg... Just a very touching moment of genuine feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Loved that little 'aw' moment when Sue and Bonti had a little hug at the top of the race after Mitch broke his leg... Just a very touching moment of genuine feeling.
    Yeah - I couldn't help but say out loud...."Bonti....what a man".

It was a really great episode about Sue, Moana and a number of others involved in the women's footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed the show, some sad moments. Would loved to have had Moana at the Bulldogs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Raw Toast liked this post