Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs 'not moving aside' for soccer Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I couldn't imagine the AFL allowing us to move the game to Geelong anyway. I really don't think a compromise could have been reached.
    Peter Gordon said on Jon Faine last Friday that if the had offered 2 million he would have considered moving the game to WA but not any less. That was never an offer or a demand though. He was just speculating as to an amount he would feasibly take to transfer the game.

FWIW PG said that the only venue the club would have considered playing the game at was WHitten Oval to give us a proper home ground advantage.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-2...m-in-melbourne

PG was on the radio this morning and made mention of a quick study they did about taking the opportunity to host an AFL game back at WO this year. Like a lot of people have raised, the costs to bring it up to scratch outweighed the benefit. However, the fact that the idea is floating around is exciting to me, keeps the flame flickering that it isn't completely out of the question.

Given we've put our hand up for it, I hope Ballarat can be the answer to this conundrum we face and be a boon for memberships etc with us playing our 3 lowest drawing games a year out of there in a smaller stadium but it is nice as a fan to dream of a packed out WO hosting us again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-2...m-in-melbourne

PG was on the radio this morning and made mention of a quick study they did about taking the opportunity to host an AFL game back at WO this year. Like a lot of people have raised, the costs to bring it up to scratch outweighed the benefit. However, the fact that the idea is floating around is exciting to me, keeps the flame flickering that it isn't completely out of the question.

Given we've put our hand up for it, I hope Ballarat can be the answer to this conundrum we face and be a boon for memberships etc with us playing our 3 lowest drawing games a year out of there in a smaller stadium but it is nice as a fan to dream of a packed out WO hosting us again.
    Yeah it sounds like they considered it pretty seriously. Gordon said they only abandoned the idea when the cost became more than a million dollars and the economic benefit went out the window. He said that the thing they really got stuck on was reserved seat holders. They have 6000 but only had room for 2000 in the Whitten stand so they looked to the Albert park corporation to put up temporary seating but it was going to cost 750 k.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite