Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lin Jong Tours Collingwood's Facilities

The Liam Jones 3 year deal is made even funnier by the fact we used the pick to draft Caleb Daniel.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes The Pie Man, Twodogs, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Liam Jones 3 year deal is made even funnier by the fact we used the pick to draft Caleb Daniel.

I sit and laugh every Tuesday between 6.30-7pm in recognition of and gratitude for that exact fact. When I can't laugh any more I play the replay of that dinky little kick to the Bont from the Sydney game and the laughter magically returns.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's getting better and better every game he plays. I think he could be a real player in 2-3 years and I'm getting edgy about losing him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He's getting better and better every game he plays. I think he could be a real player in 2-3 years and I'm getting edgy about losing him.
    My feeling is we won't lose him, but who knows. We better not lose him in a deal for Cloke.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well sanity says stay with us .. Look at the last 3 years and what both clubs have done , polar opposites.. Really is the money or years offered that much more to decide on mediocrity rather than success? And with success comes more sponsors and tv interviews = more money.

Post Thanks / Like

He was awful yesterday.
    I'm actually erring on the side of trading him. He is a burst midfielder but his decision making and positioning is terrible. I can live with poor disposal from one midfielder (Dunkley) but we can't carry two who can't kick.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He was awful yesterday.
    I'm actually erring on the side of trading him. He is a burst midfielder but his decision making and positioning is terrible. I can live with poor disposal from one midfielder (Dunkley) but we can't carry two who can't kick.
    Who wasn't awful though? apart from Morris and Boyd maybe.

Yeah his kicking was terrible but let's focus on what he does do well, and that is his marking and good hands in close.
    He needs to have some balance around him, and there just wasn't any variety other than Bonts out there in that side.

Need to get Macrae back in that mix and find some better ball users and run and carry players for the future.

12. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

Yeah his kicking was terrible but let's focus on what he does do well, and that is his marking and good hands in close.
    He needs to have some balance around him, and there just wasn't any variety other than Bonts out there in that side.

Need to get Macrae back in that mix and find some better ball users and run and carry players for the future.
    If you look at the stats, the disposal efficiency for almost 90% of players was 60% or less. It was pathetic to say the least.

Jong with his stupid I must get rid of the ball and put someone else under pressure acts is not doing him any favours.

I thought Dunkley with his 13 tackles and intent was the only player showing intensity. He can improve his disposal and I reckon he will as he is still very young (19).
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He cannot kick.

This is not easy to fix...particularly in a mid who will be kicking under pressure so often.

Valuable depth player but is he really more than that?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

He constantly puts his teammates under pressure with his disposal. We all talk about his kicking but the "hot potato handball" is becoming a feature of his game which means he basically fights hard to win the ball then puts us in a position to give it straight back tot he opposition.

His hands in close are "ok" but we have so many other better options, and those guys are natural footballers.
    He's clearly a depth player and a classic athlete turned footballer but if he nets us something decent I say go for it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He constantly puts his teammates under pressure with his disposal. We all talk about his kicking but the "hot potato handball" is becoming a feature of his game which means he basically fights hard to win the ball then puts us in a position to give it straight back tot he opposition.

His hands in close are "ok" but we have so many other better options, and those guys are natural footballers.
    He's clearly a depth player and a classic athlete turned footballer but if he nets us something decent I say go for it.
    Reality is, Jong's trade value will never be higher than it is right now. He's played a lot of footy this year due to our injuries and despite some good games, will never be anything more than "good depth".

We simply have to address our lack of skill issue and it starts with the likes of Jong and Stevens.

As you said, we can carry one (Dunkley) but not two/three/four/five etc.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Reality is, Jong's trade value will never be higher than it is right now. He's played a lot of footy this year due to our injuries and despite some good games, will never be anything more than "good depth".

We simply have to address our lack of skill issue and it starts with the likes of Jong and Stevens.
    Yep, happy to test the market and see what we can get for these two. Admire their hardness but the lack of polish and footy smarts does hurt us and won't be fixed easily (if at all). Would rather invest games into Dunks and even Clay Smith in that inside beast with questionable disposal skills role - both these two can also go forward and impact on the scoreboard, unlike Jong and Stevens.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with others . We can't carry to many who can't make the right decisions and turn it over, and importantly under pressure .

Post Thanks / Like

Good news is this problem is partly fixed with guys like Libba and Macrae replacing Jong and Stevens. Not completely fixed but it goes some way.

Post Thanks / Like

I question Jong's ability in close as well. He goes in very hard but his efficiency by hand in close is also a weakness. Agree that his trade value will never be higher, his two running goals against the Pies to get us over the line won't hurt either.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.