Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Western Bulldogs star Tom Boyd suffering from a premiership hangover?

Or is he a 21 year old still learning the game.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Or is he a 21 year old still learning the game.
    Desperate stuff. Compare his career output with a heap of guns and compares really well at 43 games. Add in his PF & GF and has arguably ahead of the curve. Not to mention his forward team mates in Cloke, Redders & Dicko are injured as is Roughy. But never let reason or facts get in the way of a weak story. If the expectation is at 21, with injuries around him and coming off a shoulder reco, that he's going to have a GF type performance every 2-3 weeks, then one has ludicrously unrealistic expectations and do not know much about the game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Desperate stuff. Compare his career output with a heap of guns and compares really well at 43 games. Add in his PF & GF and has arguably ahead of the curve. Not to mention his forward team mates in Cloke, Redders & Dicko are injured as is Roughy. But never let reason or facts get in the way of a weak story. If the expectation is at 21, with injuries around him and coming off a shoulder reco, that he's going to have a GF type performance every 2-3 weeks, then one has ludicrously unrealistic expectations and do not know much about the game.
    What's the Carey comparison at 43 games BT?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What's the Carey comparison at 43 games BT?
    WC: 60.40 - The best pure CHF of the modern age, easily. With Longmire, Fridge, Schwass, Allison and others up forward.

TB: 40.23 with a reconstructed shoulder, and playing ruck.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    WC: 60.40 - The best pure CHF of the modern age, easily. With Longmire, Fridge, Schwass, Allison and others up forward.

TB: 40.23 with a reconstructed shoulder, and playing ruck.
    Far out that's impressive from Carey. He's a bit like Tom being the great white hope at a down trodden suburban club and all of a sudden started to fire it to premierships. He's twice the bloke Carey is though. I can't see Tom Boyd ever being a pariah at any club. Except GWS of course but who cares about them? They will probably be gone by the time Tom finishes his career.

Speaking of Tom Boyd I was watching Peter Wright snapping goals on his wrong foot from 30 metres out tonight and it struck me how much more better for his development it's been spending most of his time in the forward line. Us banging Tom Boyd around in the ruck week after week instead of letting him develop as a key forward for 80% of the game may have been one of the contributing factors to that dud shot last night.

He must have have been exhausted after running all over the ground most of the night. And sore with Mumford smashing into him at every contest. And because he isn't playing forward he has missed out on having lots of shots under match conditions.

I know it was a case of needs must last night because we'd run out of ruckman. But I can't help thinking we missed the boat by not recruiting a big bodied durable ruck man in the off season. Or making a big play for Trengove from Port. He's been great this year for them. He would have been much better filling in or at least sharing the ruck duties yesterday instead of Boyd for so many reasons
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post