Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Book now, avoid regret: Gordon

From Club Website

August 26, 2014 12:56 PM

Footscray teammates (R-L) Fletcher Roberts and Liam Jones attempt to mark during the VFL Round 19 match between Footscray and Casey Scorpions at Highgate Recreational Reserve on August 17, 2014. (Photo: Greg Ford/AFL Media)

After a dramatic finish to the VFL season, where Fletcher Roberts kicked a 60 metre bomb after the siren to give Footscray a three point win, we’ve secured the right to host the first final of our VFL finals campaign.
    As a result of this significant achievement, the Club has decided it will underwrite the game.

We are rapt with the return of blockbuster football to the Whitten Oval. But, excitement aside, the home final requires us to consider some practical changes.

VFL FINAL: Buy tickets now. All the information you need to know ahead of next Sunday's home final against Williamstown.

The ground has changed. Large chunks of it, including the banks of the eastern pockets, the area formerly known as the Smith Stand, and the area now occupied by the Elite Learning Centre, are no longer available as standing room. There’s a triangle of seats at the southern end of the Whitten stand where the view of the Geelong Road end is obscured by the building which now connects the Gent and Whitten stand.

By our calculations, total capacity will be no more than 10,000 to 12,000 people; and seating capacity...after we make a few running repairs..... might stretch to 2,500.
    So if you want to see our Footscray team playing in a VFL final...the first VFL final to be played at the Whitten Oval; the safest thing to do is to pre-book. You can reserve admission.

Demand has been strong, and we may sell out all 10,000 admission tickets before game day.
    The ground will be fenced and catering in the outer, toilets and security will be provided. Legends of the club will be there for the occasion.

Don’t risk missing out. Go online to the club’s website to pre-purchase your ticket. Rain, hail or shine, we play, the Whitten Oval way.

VFL FINAL: Buy tickets now. All the information you need to know ahead of next Sunday's home final against Williamstown.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Book now, avoid regret: Gordon

I bought my 4 this morning. The ticket site works pretty well.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it great to be only be charge $0.30 a ticket booking fee per ticket, unlike the highway robbery Ticketmaster & Ticketek charge.

4. Likes bornadog, Greystache, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    Wasn't it great to be only be charge $0.30 a ticket booking fee per ticket, unlike the highway robbery Ticketmaster & Ticketek charge.
    Yep, plus it didn't crash while emailing me the tickets like the Ticktek site did with my Boxing day purchase. 55 minutes on hold to get to speak to someone and paying $20 for the privilege!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Plus no fee to print your own.

Earlier today I booked 2 tickets on AFL membership for Hawthorn Collingwood and that cost $17.50 all for additional fees.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Yep, plus it didn't crash while emailing me the tickets like the Ticktek site did with my Boxing day purchase. 55 minutes on hold to get to speak to someone and paying $20 for the privilege!

Next time ring me and I'll only charge ten.

I can't help with Boxing Day tickets though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Was pleasantly surprised with that, is this the club itself or using a third party site? Had no problem donating a bit extra knowing i wasn't being raped in service charges, would love if the club was able to do something similar for afl games but assuming the highway robbery that other ticketing agents get away with is because they have exclusive rights?
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

HI! I need some help. I'm trying to buy tickets to the VFL match this Sunday but can't seem to get past the Payment Type section. The Arrow won't open and I can't get the answer to this right. Have tried Credit Card and the type of card and the type of ticket but none of these work. What do I do?

Post Thanks / Like

Ring the club in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    HI! I need some help. I'm trying to buy tickets to the VFL match this Sunday but can't seem to get past the Payment Type section. The Arrow won't open and I can't get the answer to this right. Have tried Credit Card and the type of card and the type of ticket but none of these work. What do I do?
    These are the choices if you want to try typing them in. If that doesn't work try downloading a different browser and using that

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Ticket purchased. Boom!

Can't wait to sit in a packed EJ stand, munching on a pie, watching Footscray play a final.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my dad a ticket as an early Father's Day present. He didnt know the game was at Whitten oval so I was able to say "Guess what dad, we are going to the footy ground on Sunday and it will be packed!"

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got mine, pretty excited!!! Carn the Scray!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Surely Gordo could have used 'shop early'. If ever it could've been used...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023