Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Axed Dog not as 'physically prepared' as last year

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    In fairness Bevo has come out and said he isn't as physically prepared as he was 12 months ago .
    If it was a case of Beeing underdone I'm sure Beveridge would have said as such .
    Yep, Bevo brought this into the public domain for a reason.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the physical preparedness issue slightly to the side;

The biggest take out for me of the article/interview is that Bevo refers to him having become a stoppage-only player - meaning that he is not spreading and getting involved else where in the play. I saw nothing at the VFL on the weekend that would suggest a step in the right direction in that regard - so couldn't see how he could come back in this week.

But at least we as supporters getting a clearer indication of what they are looking for from Libba, before he gets back in the side. It might be that the running capacity slowly gets back to where it was last year and then we get the best libba in the later parts of this season. The 'best Libba' is a pretty handy inclusion.

3. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

The biggest take out for me of the article/interview is that Bevo refers to him having become a stoppage-only player - meaning that he is not spreading and getting involved else where in the play. I saw nothing at the VFL on the weekend that would suggest a step in the right direction in that regard - so couldn't see how he could come back in this week.

But at least we as supporters getting a clearer indication of what they are looking for from Libba, before he gets back in the side. It might be that the running capacity slowly gets back to where it was last year and then we get the best libba in the later parts of this season. The 'best Libba' is a pretty handy inclusion.
    Good call on this... Libba's pressure acts and tackle numbers have been very good this year, but his 'outside' game has been non-existent as evidenced by his low number of kicks and inability to impact the scoreboard which were strong points last year.

Hopefully he can get his game more balanced as he is a vital cog in our team.

5. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened to the Beveridge interview live and I remember him following up the stoppage only comment with "and at his best we all know he's so much more than that."

So it was a whack as well as an encouraging arm around the shoulder - if that makes sense.

Over to Libba, now. I'm sure that beneath his relaxed veneer, there's a proud, wounded animal who'll respond in the right way. He's a jet and will respond. I expect this to be the last time in his career that he's ever dropped...

Post Thanks / Like

Have we ever had Wally and Libba in the same team tearing it up? Few and far between games it seems I thought they'd play their entire career side by side.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, Bevo brought this into the public domain for a reason.
    One of the first times he's done this, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Libba's ability to hit the scoreboard last year has completely disappeared in 2017. It has hurt us.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Have we ever had Wally and Libba in the same team tearing it up? Few and far between games it seems I thought they'd play their entire career side by side.
    Libba played in Rd 18 last year when Wally broke his leg.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]