Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  531
Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael Talia

Just another test to see if the AFL want to keep shirking responsibility in being the custodian of the game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Big fan. Big bodied midfielder, can play inside or out. Strong defensive side. Good addition to any list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    What about a swap for Cam Ellis Yoeman? My spidey senses tell me he's keen to try his luck at another club
    Sounds like a positive replacement for Fuller's spot on the senior list. But I wish we could land a good KPB.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Any reason why he has not been offered? Just interested to know and if he is surplus to the crows?
    It could be that they need to hold off contracts to ensure they have enough in the bank to match Dangerfield's offer. Of course, they're going to trade him and what not, but they need to be able to show the AFL that they *could* match the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

With the speculation that the Crows are interested in Talia I wonder what deal we could strike with them given their focus will be more of getting the best deal for Dangerfield from Geelong.

The Crows 2nd round pick might be in play.
    Currently there are two players names being mentioned as possibly being traded and they are Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Sam Kerridge.
    Kerridge might have had some currency a year or two ago but I'm not so sure now. He is a known tagger and once bobbed up with 6 goals in a game. 188cm and 85kg with 23 senior games.
    Ellis-Yolmen is 188cm and 89kg and played 11 senior games this year with a few of them strong performances. When back in the SANFL his performances were also strong. I'm not sure why he was dropped but once the Crows got on a roll he couldn't crack it for a game.

Could we get the Crows to part with their 2nd round pick and Ellis-Yolmen for Michael Talia?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't Ellis-yolmen been delisted?

Perhaps geelongs 2nd round pick may end up with Adelaide and can be on traded for Talia?

Edit: Ellis-Yolmen is still on the crows list
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure he's worth a second round pick, let alone with something else thrown in. I think there's a fair chance he'll get to where ever he wants via the PSD
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Kerridge may appeal to us as Dalrymple was a fan when we drafted Smith.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hasn't Ellis-yolmen been delisted?

Perhaps geelongs 2nd round pick may end up with Adelaide and can be on traded for Talia?
    I haven't heard/read the first part. My lunacy ideal is a first round upgrade from 29 to 14, Yolman a cherry of the top if we wanted him. Gives us hopefully a future gun at 11 and a pick that can nab a bigger trade for a mature very good player. They still have 13, 29, 31, Talia and anything they can get rom Geelong. But Talia has taken any real ability to get a good trade through good will.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I haven't heard/read the first part. My lunacy ideal is a first round upgrade from 29 to 14, Yolman a cherry of the top if we wanted him. Gives us hopefully a future gun at 11 and a pick that can nab a bigger trade for a mature very good player. They still have 13, 29, 31, Talia and anything they can get rom Geelong. But Talia has taken any real ability to get a good trade through good will.
    I think Talia's market value would be that of a mid to late 2nd rounder so I can't see that our 2nd round pick and Talia being anywhere near close to their first round pick especially when they are losing their best player. They will want early picks.

If the Swans renewed their interest then I suspect it would be a player for player trade as they need draft pick currency this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Either 29 or 31 would be a reasonable return for Talia at this stage which is a few spots up on where he initially went. I think we should be happy with that. We are all sounding like Dodoro re. his worth.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Either 29 or 31 would be a reasonable return for Talia at this stage which is a few spots up on where he initially went. I think we should be happy with that. We are all sounding like Dodoro re. his worth.
    I'd do pick 31 in a second. There's no way they're giving up a first rounder in any sort of deal to gain Talia.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I'd do pick 31 in a second. There's no way they're giving up a first rounder in any sort of deal to gain Talia.
    We won't be drafting a lot of players this year so if we could have 3 picks inside of pick 32 would be a reasonable position us. Losing a key defender with a bit of experience isn't ideal for a list that was probably one key defender light on anyway but we can still enter the draft to cover the gaps. If there is any chance that Adelaide will just offer their 3rd round pick and hold firm on that I wouldn't trade and allow Talia to go into the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We won't be drafting a lot of players this year so if we could have 3 picks inside of pick 32 would be a reasonable position us. Losing a key defender with a bit of experience isn't ideal for a list that was probably one key defender light on anyway but we can still enter the draft to cover the gaps. If there is any chance that Adelaide will just offer their 3rd round pick and hold firm on that I wouldn't trade and allow Talia to go into the draft.
    Agree GVGjr. It will depend on the AFL investigation too as to what the Club does too I would imagine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Sounds like Bevo and Damian Barrett had a verbal altercation in the toilets at the Brownlow over this issue. Makes me love him so much more even without knowing what the issue is.
    http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/...uke-beveridge/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Ouch. A 15 pick upgrade to late first round isn't equal to pick 6 and Jeremy Howe for Melksham.