Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 17 of 289 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd love that. But we've got Hooker, Hurley and Heppell to fit in too.
    Do that and we must lose some great potential coming through. Although Bob, Will, Morris and Boyd are nearing the end. Come to think of it, lets do the lot.

PS Cement head comes back to Willi every now and then and last year my mates son (wearing his WB kit) was kicking the ball around in the park, and guess who comes along and joins in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do that and we must lose some great potential coming through. Although Bob, Will, Morris and Boyd are nearing the end. Come to think of it, lets do the lot.

PS Cement head comes back to Willi every now and then and last year my mates son (wearing his WB kit) was kicking the ball around in the park, and guess who comes along and joins in.
    Cement Head still hangs out with quite a few of the bulldog boys. He told a few of them in 2014 that he wanted to come back to the Bulldogs. Or that he never should have left. One of those. He was pretty pissed at the time.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour on Big Footy (so take it with a large grain of salt) that Carlton has offered Ward a 6 year deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love Ward to come home and bear him no ill will. However, hopefully Hunter, Wallis, Dahlhaus, JJ, Webb, Cordy etc are such stars by the end of this season that we can't fit Ward in our salary cap. That's plan A, anyway.

Failing that, plan B is pretty tempting! He'll get offered the world elsewhere if he holds out, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Rumour on Big Footy (so take it with a large grain of salt) that Carlton has offered Ward a 6 year deal.
    I liked this response from a Dogs supporter.

"It's not like he'd leave his club for a huge contract elsewhere.

Oh wait..."

Carlton will be the whipping boys of the comp for the next 1-2 years I'd say. Can't see Callan Ward changing that. GWS are likely to play finals long before them. Does he want success? or to come home with his pocket's full of cash.

I haven't watched any Giants footy. No idea how he's going.

Hey you guys are a bit too softly accepting of this bloke. He turned his back on us for cash. Not interested and look forward to the Dogs reminding him of what he's missing out as we smash the Giants.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It's all well to say yes to a return of Ward too the Dogs but it does open up a question about what we would be prepared to give up to get him? It's not like we have a weak midfield.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks for me. Will cost the earth and i really don't want him back.

Doubt we'll be in the picture though, as our cap wont be able to fit him in
    The curse is dead.

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I liked this response from a Dogs supporter.

"It's not like he'd leave his club for a huge contract elsewhere.

Oh wait..."

Carlton will be the whipping boys of the comp for the next 1-2 years I'd say. Can't see Callan Ward changing that. GWS are likely to play finals long before them. Does he want success? or to come home with his pocket's full of cash.

I haven't watched any Giants footy. No idea how he's going.

Hey you guys are a bit too softly accepting of this bloke. He turned his back on us for cash. Not interested and look forward to the Dogs reminding him of what he's missing out as we smash the Giants.
    I'm with you GD.

Left us for more cash and the promise that he would be captain of a pissant club.

He can choke on all of his grubby cash as far as I'm cocerned.

10. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's all well to say yes to a return of Ward too the Dogs but it does open up a question about what we would be prepared to give up to get him? It's not like we have a weak midfield.
    He was a good player for us at a time when we didn't have too many guys standing up as he could, but now we are better poised, he might not shine so brightly.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    He was a good player for us at a time when we didn't have too many guys standing up as he could, but now we are better poised, he might not shine so brightly.
    Fair query, but I'd take the opposing point of view. If he could do well hard at it as a kid in those Macca teams, imagine him as a seasoned player with the support he'd get now. I'm not saying we should throw everything at him, but if he's still got a soft spot for us and would come for a little under open market price, we'd have to have a nibble I'd reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

Not particularly keen on us trying to lure him back after he turned his back on his hometown club for GWS' pile of cash. If it was a reasonable deal maybe but I wouldn't want to see someone else squeezed out of the cap for him. Happy to see him go to Carlton where he can play with ex teammates Tutt and Jones.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes chef, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Fair query, but I'd take the opposing point of view. If he could do well hard at it as a kid in those Macca teams, imagine him as a seasoned player with the support he'd get now. I'm not saying we should throw everything at him, but if he's still got a soft spot for us and would come for a little under open market price, we'd have to have a nibble I'd reckon.
    Ward never played under BMac, he left before we'd even started interviewing.

As for whether we should chase him, I suspect he'll go to the highest bidder back in Melbourne if he decides to leave GWS, and I don't see us needing to sell the farm for his skill set.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Left us for more cash and the promise that he would be captain of a pissant club.

He can choke on all of his grubby cash as far as I'm cocerned.
    When you're offered $800k a season for 5 years as a 21yo, and given the chance of a lifetime to set yourself up for life while still playing the game you love, I find it hard to believe that anyone else wouldn't have done the same thing. Unfortunately for us, it was a perfect storm of circumstances that will never be repeated - and even then we can only blame our incompetence for Ward still being out of contract at the time GWS swooped.

It was a golden ticket for him, and by the sounds of it he might be offered another golden ticket next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

As for whether we should chase him, I suspect he'll go to the highest bidder back in Melbourne if he decides to leave GWS, and I don't see us needing to sell the farm for his skill set.
    Wow. Doesn't seem that long ago that he left. I stand corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Not worth paying overs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.