Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Four Dogs named in 22under22 squad

Four young Bulldogs have made the preliminary 45-man squad in the AFL Players’ Association 22 under 22 representative team for 2014, including first year recruit Marcus Bontempelli.
    Highlighting the best young talent in the league, the AFLPA’s 22 under 22 concept was first introduced in 2013 with Tom Liberatore the sole Bulldog making the final list.
    This year Liberatore is joined by Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Luke Dahlhaus in the mix for the honours, with the final side determined by fan votes on Thursday 4 September 2014.

VOTE NOW for Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore and Luke Dahlhaus in the 22under22 team here.

This season Liberatore has continued to impose himself as one of the best inside midfielders of the game, ranking first in the league in both clearances and tackles and is in the top five for contested possessions.
    Jack Macrae’s breakout season sees him ranked 13th in the league for disposals and fifth for uncontested possessions, despite only being a second year player.
    Livewire Dahlhaus’s influence has gone to new heights in 2014 as well, averaging over 2.5 scoreboard influences per game while also rotating through the midfield.
    Only the Gold Coast Suns (eight) and Port Adelaide (five) have more representatives in the initial squad, highlighting the breadth of young talent available at the Club.
    Brisbane Lions, St Kilda, Collingwood and GWS Giants all have three players in the mix.
    The initial squad was voted on by the AFLPA Board, headed by Collingwood’s Luke Ball, with every team represented by at least one player.
    Fan voting for the final side incorporates naming your chosen starting 22 through theAFL Players Facebook page and sharing via social media platforms using #22under22.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Dogs named in 22under22 squad

It's an interesting list of players, not sure I'd be putting guys like Billings and Taylor ahead of Stringer on output to date, but I guess it would be unfair to include too many more Dogs players in the squad.

Based on the listed players from here http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-...4c02a79e337657

I'd be selecting a side of:-

B: Smith, Talia, Hombsch
    HB: McKenzie, May, Kolodjashnij
    C: Treloar, Heppell, Parker
    HF: Bontempelli, Carlisle, Bennell
    F: Gunston, Cameron, Wingard
    R: Longer, Wines, Liberatore
    I/C: Prestia, Elliot, Darling, Neale

Besides missing a decent ruck, it'd be a pretty hand side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    It's an interesting list of players, not sure I'd be putting guys like Billings and Taylor ahead of Stringer on output to date, but I guess it would be unfair to include too many more Dogs players in the squad.

Based on the listed players from here http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-...4c02a79e337657

I'd be selecting a side of:-

B: Smith, Talia, Hombsch
    HB: McKenzie, May, Kolodjashnij
    C: Treloar, Heppell, Parker
    HF: Bontempelli, Carlisle, Bennell
    F: Gunston, Cameron, Wingard
    R: Longer, Wines, Liberatore
    I/C: Prestia, Elliot, Darling, Neale

Besides missing a decent ruck, it'd be a pretty hand side.
    No Macrae or Dahl.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No Macrae or Dahl.
    Couldn't fit them in, both pretty unlucky but it's a strong midfield when you've got names like Liberatore, Heppell, Wines, Treloar and Parker (who I rate very highly) along with Prestia and Lachie Neale who is also a pretty handy, yet underrated (perhaps outside WA only) player.

If Dahl had been listed as a forward I would've found a way to squeeze him in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Couldn't fit them in, both pretty unlucky but it's a strong midfield when you've got names like Liberatore, Heppell, Wines, Treloar and Parker (who I rate very highly) along with Prestia and Lachie Neale who is also a pretty handy, yet underrated (perhaps outside WA only) player.

If Dahl had been listed as a forward I would've found a way to squeeze him in.
    I managed to get 4 Dogs into the starting 18, but had to relegate Treloar & Prestia to the bench
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae has to be a certainty. An absolute ball accumulating machine with a side step and sense of timing to die for.

Plenty of young talent around though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

on output to date Neale wouldnt make many sides. Good talent though.

Post Thanks / Like

Neale has been excellent in the games I have seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    on output to date Neale wouldnt make many sides. Good talent though.
    I think he's been pretty impressive - averaging about 22 disposals, 3.5 clearances, 10 contested possessions and 3 tackles per game. Still only 19 and has played over 40 games.

Just illustrates how good the quality has been the last 3-4 drafts, and how far it's pushed us back given the concessions to the expansion clubs.