Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unfulfilled promise remains: BULLDOGS IN FOCUS: Peter Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by susie bulldog View Post
    Peter Gordon you have given your heart and soul and bled red white and blue for the WB this year. I salute you and say an enormous thank you. Sue Alberti AO
    Big thank you to Sue Alberti as well. We are a lucky club to have you and Peter on board.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He is contracted for next year so I don't think it would be a great financial decision to terminate the contract at the minute, but if the club want to take that path I wouldn't be protesting.

Without knowing the contract of his support team I think we should be moving a few of them along.
    Doesn't he have another 2 years, Macca that is.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he has Sue for many many years, a great man for us we have been blessed and the same can be said for you,
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Without knowing the contract of his support team I think we should be moving a few of them along.
    You would think a healthy football department would be continually introducing new coaches each year.

I think if your an assistant coach in a side that isn't dominating, you should probably be looking elsewhere every 2-3 years anyway or you are not developing yourself.

You don't want a mass exodus but a new voice or two is always good to provide new ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    I

Head coach?

Just on mad Monday. They should have told our players tto show up for training on Monday. If it is indeed just a job like Gia eluded to, what workplace in the world do you get a month extra off on full pay for being shite?
    They don't. Theres a reason why the teams resume pre-season at different times. The better you were the previous year, the later you start your pre-season so the players acquit their leave.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    They don't. Theres a reason why the teams resume pre-season at different times. The better you were the previous year, the later you start your pre-season so the players acquit their leave.
    Fair enough. How does that work with AFL listed players in the VFL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Fair enough. How does that work with AFL listed players in the VFL?
    No idea
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Well isn't Gia one of our new coaches next year ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Doesn't he have another 2 years, Macca that is.
    I think you are right.. He initially got 3 and I think we extended last year for another 2... Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Hopefully we start the climb up the ladder next year otherwise we would have to seriously look at what we do in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's important to look at our assistant coaches, we have quite a few who have been with us for a while.

I'm very comfortable with macca at the helm, but I'd love to see a dean laidley like tactician and a new forward line coach, our forwards have been poo for ages and something needs to happen tactically as they are stagnating.

We have quite a few assistant coaches that have been with us for ages, time for some fresh ideas and to reinvigorate the players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    I think it's important to look at our assistant coaches, we have quite a few who have been with us for a while.

I'm very comfortable with macca at the helm, but I'd love to see a dean laidley like tactician and a new forward line coach, our forwards have been poo for ages and something needs to happen tactically as they are stagnating.

We have quite a few assistant coaches that have been with us for ages, time for some fresh ideas and to reinvigorate the players.
    Have always liked the idea of a ex-senior coach in the box as match day tactician to help Macca.
    Unfortunately I think Monty has had a fair crack at it with limited success and now it is time for someone else to slot into the position.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Have always liked the idea of a ex-senior coach in the box as match day tactician to help Macca.
    Unfortunately I think Monty has had a fair crack at it with limited success and now it is time for someone else to slot into the position.
    Couldn't agree more. Haven't liked Monty from day 1, plus some of his stupid comments when Eade was at the club.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Haven't liked Monty from day 1, plus some of his stupid comments when Eade was at the club.
    I still fail to see what our match day game plan is (kick and hope is not a plan) or any real semblance of a winning structure.
    And the failure this season to not work out how to address an oppositions extra man in defence just infuriates me week in week out.
    I am hoping, if Gordon was serious about the review, that there is know way known Monty could keep his position.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    if Gordon was serious about the review, that there is know way known Monty could keep his position.
    Apart from the fact that their wives (PG and Montys) have just gone into business together at Barkers cafe. I agree our opposition analysis has been pretty ordinary at stages this year.

Rohan Smiths position as defensive coach needs to be looked at as well.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Apart from the fact that their wives (PG and Montys) have just gone into business together at Barkers cafe. I agree our opposition analysis has been pretty ordinary at stages this year.

Rohan Smiths position as defensive coach needs to be looked at as well.
    and the Shannon Grant forward role.

Who is our midfield coach?