Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wayne Carey impressed by 'competitive' Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    From what I'm hearing about Tom's game for Footscray on the weekend, I won't be surprised if he gets another few weeks down there to develop his ruck game before coming back into the side in a role with much more even time in ruck and at FF. I don't think he will be rushed back in (plus I think Jack is enjoying being the tall target), but I'm also getting the feeling that Bevo's plan for his season has changed since that competitive second half against the Cats.
    Yep, I think we are going to see the ruck being a bigger part of Tom's game, at least in the short term until he can really give us value as a power forward line.

I actually would like to see how Tom Boyd and Roughy would go sharing the ruck duties. It gives us the flexibility to play an extra tall back or forward. If one is struggling, we need another tall down back, the forward line is too small/tall, we get an injury to a key forward/defender, the opposition gets an injury etc, really can come in useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wayne Carey impressed by 'competitive' Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I am seeing Boyd being the guy who will actually carry our ruck and be a star at it.

Jack Redpath is showing the right signs as the leading power forward. When/If Jack reaches the point that he feels he really belongs he will nail those goals from anywhere inside 50.
    Not out of the question I have been impressed with his rucking this year