Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mark Thompson set to be approached about Western Bulldogs coaching job

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Darcy. What do you reckon? Is it good having him on the panel or not.
    Hey Eastdog. No not a fan of this decision. Having to listen to him carry on as a commentator for some years sort of eats away at his credibility in regards to a decision that could make or break this club.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy should differentiate between being an FM morning show funster and being on a panel on this important decision .
    The word " No comment " should have been blurted out , and "I'm not talking about the Western Bulldogs coaching appointment"
    Is it that bloody hard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Darcy should differentiate between being an FM morning show funster and being on a panel on this important decision .
    The word " No comment " should have been blurted out , and "I'm not talking about the Western Bulldogs coaching appointment"
    Is it that bloody hard
    Agree there RM. He should of conducted himself a lot better.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Is it that bloody hard
    It shouldn't get to the stage where its discussed on air at all.

A quick chat asking his colleagues not to put him on the spot about it and the problem simply disappears. Sadly it seems Darce isn't professional enough for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    It shouldn't get to the stage where its discussed on air at all.

A quick chat asking his colleagues not to put him on the spot about it and the problem simply disappears. Sadly it seems Darce isn't professional enough for that.
    I am not a great fan of Darcy as a commentator, but I do think he is a smart operator having run several businesses over the years.

Reading through all the comments (and I am not picking on yours WD54), but has Darcy actually let anything slip out at all? He was asked about Bomber and he said he is a good coach and should be considered.

Darcy has not given us one ounce of knowledge on who is favourite and who is likely to get the gig.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am not a great fan of Darcy as a commentator, but I do think he is a smart operator having run several businesses over the years.

Reading through all the comments (and I am not picking on yours WD54), but has Darcy actually let anything slip out at all? He was asked about Bomber and he said he is a good coach and should be considered.

Darcy has not given us one ounce of knowledge on who is favourite and who is likely to get the gig.
    From my point of view, irrespective of whether he has 'let anything slip' (like you, not picking on this particular comment), he should not be commenting in any shape or form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    From my point of view, irrespective of whether he has 'let anything slip' (like you, not picking on this particular comment), he should not be commenting in any shape or form.
    In all fairness it's his job to comment on MMM as a radio personality. He's not being interviewed by Eddie he's being asked to have a discussion about a topic as a radio commentator which was what he was getting paid to do when he was asked the question. He could have said that he didn't want to field questions about the Bulldogs coaching job but if he couldn't answer them or if others had a problem with him not answering them maybe he needed a break from radio. Alternatively, maybe we asked the wrong person to be part of the committee. I don't see any conflict of interest for Darcy but I do see, as we all saw recently, Darcy being put in compromising positions through his job at MMM which seemed to have ramifications for his role on the committee and for the club in general. I wonder how long PG and SG spent on the phone warding off journos since Darcy made those comments.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

So much for this story. There was an actual belief that Thompson could become coach.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

So much for this story. There was an actual belief that Thompson could become coach.
    Think it was just put out to appease the naysayers.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Think it was just put out to appease the naysayers.
    I suppose your right KT31.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose your right KT31.

It's you're Easty.

I think any Mark Thompson talk was just a diversion. The club would have had it's mind made up by the time he left Essendon.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's you're Easty.

I think any Mark Thompson talk was just a diversion. The club would have had it's mind made up by the time he left Essendon.
    Thanks for correcting that TD. Yeah typing on my phone