Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luke Beveridge the new Western Bulldogs coach

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Let's just hope he isn't sent to the gallows after a few loses .
    Particularly on that other website.
    Agree RM. You can't judge him after a few losses.
    Which website
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Will Montgomery stay ??? The guy who beat him for the job is now his boss ... Can be a difficult situation.

I too wish Bev well; I hope your fate isn't set in stone like your predecessor (never given a chance IMO)
    I suppose it depends on Monty's attitude, On CV Bevo has it all over him in senior coaching. As in Bevo has coached his own team and won finals. It may have helped Monty if he had been in Maples shoes and had a VFL final under his belt.

Both are untried so equal type of risk but as I said above one has more runs on the board and Monty should see this.

I agree on BMc I would have stuck with him until his contract was up to see if he could work on his short comings. I think he would have saw it out but the board had lost the faith as much as some of the players.

Anyway I'm on board with Luke and he has some talent to work with let's see if he can build on what's been started.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Agree RM. You can't judge him after a few losses.
    Which website
    BigFooty
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see how our playing style, game plan and selections change. This was the area Macca had the most trouble with.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

And the special tang to this Beveridge is the taste of annoying St Kilda into the bargain.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And the special tang to this Beveridge is the taste of annoying St Kilda into the bargain.
    In fairness it appears they have been nothing but supportive of him pursuing this when they could rightly have felt peeved.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Lake become a better under his coaching? Or is Lake in a far better side which makes him look better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Has Lake become a better under his coaching? Or is Lake in a far better side which makes him look better?
    I think Lake played some amazing footy with us. Better than anything he has done at the Hawks.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it time to buy this man a beer?

In all seriousness what this man has achieved in such a short time frame is nothing short of remarkable. We all know we had talent but to get this team to gel so quickly after what the club went through is astounding. I wonder when he took on this role if he thought he could get the team to be in the position of playing finals football in his first year,

12. Thanks Throughandthrough thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Extremely impressive and surely the coach of the year at this stage of the season
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bev is a beauty. I like footy again
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure any other appointment could've got us to this point right now. I don't want to think of where would be under the last coach with an outdated gameplan with Dahl playing pocket, Boyd in the middle, Picken in the BP, Wood playing second/third tall, Wally tagging, Grant in the VFL and others lining up to leave. There's so much to love about Bevo, in a lot of different aspects. Got to be coach of the year and I would've given 250-1 to be saying that 9 months ago.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 03-08-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Extremely impressive and surely the coach of the year at this stage of the season
    Bevo or Simpson I'd say.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge - Our Mastermind
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm not sure any other appointment could've got us to this point right now. I don't want to think of where would be under the last coach with an outdated gameplan with Dahl playing pocket, Boyd in the middle, Picken in the BP, Wally tagging, Grant in the VFL and others lining up to leave. There's so much to love about Bevo, in a lot of different aspects. Got to be coach of the year and I would've given 250-1 to be saying that 9 months ago.
    I know one Woofer took precisely those odds for us to make top 4 about 6 months ago....the dream is still alive.

20. Likes Drunken Bum, bulldogtragic liked this post