Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Minson joins AFLPA leadership team

Bulldogs ruckman Will Minson has been announced as the vice-president of the AFL Players’ Association.

The position was confirmed at the AFLPA 2015 Season Launch on Tuesday night, after the board voted in the new leaders at its Annual General Meeting.

Minson will join Fremantle’s Matthew Pavlich, who was elected president, as the leaders of the AFLPA in 2015.

Pavlich replaced retired Magpie Luke Ball in the presidential role, while Minson replaced Paclich as the association’s vice-president.

Minson said he was excited to move into the role, after joining the board one year ago.

“To be elected to a leadership position within the board at a time when there is so much happening in the industry is a huge honour and something I’m really excited about,” Minson said.

“I’ve grown to have a big interest in players’ rights and what can be done to change the state of our game to improve players’ welfare, so I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into it.”

AFLPA CEO Paul Marsh said he was confident in the new appointments.

“With the season only two weeks away, it’s a busy time for everyone but we are fortunate to have a high quality and dedicated board in place and I’m confident we’ll continue to provide strong advocacy for all AFL players.

“With the upcoming CBA negotiations looming, it’s a very important time for the PA and we are ready for the challenges ahead.”

- See more at:
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minson joins AFLPA leadership team

Great to see leadership coming from Bulldog Players.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Will

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't AFLPA an organisation that gives coaches a really hard time? Interesting that Will is a prominent member.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Isn't AFLPA an organisation that gives coaches a really hard time? Interesting that Will is a prominent member.
    Maybe some deserve it.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody checked Lucy Cornes's's's's twitter feed?

7. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get distracted from your day job....now back to work.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's dropped a far bit of weight
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope that it doesn't have an impact on his game. Will cant afford that this year.

He seems someone who would work well at this but its still a gamble and I hope he puts 100% in to the Bulldogs.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Yes, you wouldn't want big Will opposed to you in any capacity, least of which if you were Macca and he was head of a pack of players with issues.
    I have been a unionist all working life but I hope AFLPA don't hold the game to ransome. For mine the game and the club comes before the players. Take all the AFL players in the league away and I would follow Footscray in the VFL with similar passion. I hope AFLPA don't push for too much of the almighty dollar to the detriment of the less financial clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Yes, you wouldn't want big Will opposed to you in any capacity, least of which if you were Macca and he was head of a pack of players with issues.
    I have been a unionist all working life but I hope AFLPA don't hold the game to ransome. For mine the game and the club comes before the players. Take all the AFL players in the league away and I would follow Footscray in the VFL with similar passion. I hope AFLPA don't push for too much of the almighty dollar to the detriment of the less financial clubs.
    There's plenty of pie to go around before you have to take away from the poorer clubs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Don't worry BIDS, I believe in industrial democracy. Thinking about it, one of the drivers of player pay levels has to be the squillions that some coaches command.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon