Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will another player-led mutiny lead to Brent Montgomery becoming Western Bulldogs coach?

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Does anyone get the feeling that Robbo is daring the club to select Montgomery and if they do he will go to print with the full details of "what he knows"?
    Yep, he has already indicated that with this paragraph

"They have a connection. As well as being president and assistant coach, their wives own the cafe at Whitten Oval. It doesn’t mean Montgomery should not get the senior job because of it but, make no mistake, it will be in the first half dozen paragraphs on the back page if he does get it".

Perhaps Robinson does have a point, and if Montgomery also had a similar issues at Carlton, surely if there is smoke, perhaps there is fire.

To me for all of Peter Gordon's wonderful qualities and all the wonderful things he has done for a football club, he appears a stubborn sort of person and once he commits in his own mind on something, in generally happens.

I hope the club have the right people choosing the next coach and are not influenced by preconceived ideas either way.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will another player-led mutiny lead to Brent Montgomery becoming Western Bulldogs coach?

To infer that the business relationship between the wives of PG and BM will be a deciding factor in who gets the coach's job is equally as humerous as it is offensive. Robinson really has become a piece of work.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    To infer that the business relationship between the wives of PG and BM will be a deciding factor in who gets the coach's job is equally as humerous as it is offensive. Robinson really has become a piece of work.
    Now that the Bomber show-cause notices have been issued and there's 3,000 pages of compelling evidence damning the players, Robbo has spent the last 3 days in the foetal position next to the toilet. He needs a new hobby and Dogs/Monty is it for the time being.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The one thing Worsfold & Williams have in common over the rest is they are both premiership coaches. I like that
    They did, but they both left their clubs in terrible positions soon after... I know we would all love to win that elusive flag so I guess that outways everything in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    They did, but they both left their clubs in terrible positions soon after... I know we would all love to win that elusive flag so I guess that outways everything in the end.
    I still think we need another coach who can keep building the team and the playing list. I wonder if that is the right thing for an experienced coach?

Do you have a preference for who should be the next coach?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Not only that, but you only need look at the sickening culture that Worsfold oversaw/turned a blind eye too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you have a preference for who should be the next coach?
    I'm leaning towards an untried coach as none of the experienced ones grab me as a 'must have'.

I don't know a heap about the untried ones, but I would like to hire someone who has either coached their own team at state level or been involved as a midfield coach in a successful program.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really have an opinion about Worsfold until I heard Mark Robinson recommending him for us… Instant no!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaning towards an untried coach as none of the experienced ones grab me as a 'must have'.

I don't know a heap about the untried ones, but I would like to hire someone who has either coached their own team at state level or been involved as a midfield coach in a successful program.
    Agree with you on the experienced coaches.

May I ask why you prefer midfield coach as the field of expertise?

Post Thanks / Like

I also like those experienced assistant coaches that have had a variety of different environments from which to draw from their experiences - spending all of one's time at the one or two clubs is not the preferred in my opinion. I also like those assistants that have extensive line-coaching experience - development coaches only need not apply for mine.

Leigh Tudor and Adam Kingsley are the two that fit the bill using this criteria. Monty does as well to be fair. I do like Nathan Bassett from a slightly left-field perspective because of his strong success at Norwood. But I would know bugger-all about any of the actual talent levels and credentials of each of these guys.

11. Likes wimberga liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I also like those experienced assistant coaches that have had a variety of different environments from which to draw from their experiences - spending all of one's time at the one or two clubs is not the preferred in my opinion. I also like those assistants that have extensive line-coaching experience - development coaches only need not apply for mine.

Leigh Tudor and Adam Kingsley are the two that fit the bill using this criteria. Monty does as well to be fair. I do like Nathan Bassett from a slightly left-field perspective because of his strong success at Norwood. But I would know bugger-all about any of the actual talent levels and credentials of each of these guys.
    Im inclined to agree with your summation, and that's where these conversations all fall down for mine. None of us have access to their way of communication/instruction, and can only go off their media appearances (don't count) and credentials; if we were just going off credentials then McCartney would be one of the best available applicants.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

May I ask why you prefer midfield coach as the field of expertise?
    I just see it as a really important part of the modern game and I think if you can oversee a good midfield then you are more than half way there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The one thing Worsfold & Williams have in common over the rest is they are both premiership coaches. I like that
    They weren't when they were appointed though.