Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaun Higgins to wait until post-season before deciding future

I talk to terry Wallace a little and he tends to think Higgins will go, not sure if its just his feeling or he has some sort of info.
    With maxwell retiring and collingwood maybe needing some experience down back I wonder if that's a possibility.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see where he plays for the remainder of the year.

If he is leaving, I would proudly support the decision to play him in the 2's, and I would make it public in the hope that it doesn't damage the compensation too much (ie. if he's playing VFL because he was 'dropped' for form reasons, value goes down. if he's playing VFL because we knew he was leaving, he holds some value IMO).
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton interested in Western Bulldogs’ Shaun Higgins, Jarryn Geary targeted by Geelong

• STAFF WRITERS
    • NEWS CORP AUSTRALIA
    • JULY 25, 2014 1:46PM

Carlton is believed to be very interested in Shaun Higgins while Melbourne and Geelong could also look at adding him to their lists. The talented but injury-prone midfielder could look for greener pastures as he never truly reached his full potential at Whitten Oval. Despite the Bulldogs’ exciting crop of midfielders, Matthew Boyd still has plenty of offer and should play on in 2015 while Dale Morris is a rock in the club’s defence and is reportedly very close to signing on the dotted line. Daniel Giansiracusa is set to hang up the boots and pick up the clipboard as part of the Bulldogs coaching staff.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Competition is key to driving his price up. Bid away if he doesn't want to stay.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton still in denial on the need to rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton are out of control when it comes to rebuilding, though picking up Shaun would be a good move for them IMO.

Any team in the league could easily fit Shaun into their best 22. Just because we are taking a certain path with how we want to manage our list - and I do think Higgins will be a part of the long term plan if he stays - it doesn't ultimately mean he's not useful to us and any other team.

I don't really think he's a half back, and I don't think any reasonable person could think he's not an AFL first team player. We either have a long term plan for him, or he's done and dusted with us.

He should be in our starting 22 each week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Carlton are out of control when it comes to rebuilding, though picking up Shaun would be a good move for them IMO.

Any team in the league could easily fit Shaun into their best 22. Just because we are taking a certain path with how we want to manage our list - and I do think Higgins will be a part of the long term plan if he stays - it doesn't ultimately mean he's not useful to us and any other team.

I don't really think he's a half back, and I don't think any reasonable person could think he's not an AFL first team player. We either have a long term plan for him, or he's done and dusted with us.

He should be in our starting 22 each week.
    Holla.

As good as the last few weeks have been, they could have been even better if we didn't make decisions at selection which were actively to our detriment (*coughredpathaustinnohigginscough*)
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Holla.

As good as the last few weeks have been, they could have been even better if we didn't make decisions at selection which were actively to our detriment (*coughredpathaustinnohigginscough*)
    Redpath played as a deep tall forward. Austin towelled up Goddard.

What do either of them have to do with Higgins not playing?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Will be interesting to see where he plays for the remainder of the year.

If he is leaving, I would proudly support the decision to play him in the 2's, and I would make it public in the hope that it doesn't damage the compensation too much (ie. if he's playing VFL because he was 'dropped' for form reasons, value goes down. if he's playing VFL because we knew he was leaving, he holds some value IMO).
    I would play him in the ones if he is leaving. I don't care whether he takes up a spot for the last half dozen games he needs to show case what he can do for his next club. He needs to be on strict instructions to be playing his best footy - it's the least he can do for the club that has been very patient with him through a number of injuries.

Personally I don't think he'll leave. He is a playing who will play in our next window and the club has been very good with him for a long time. It's time for him to pay back some of that faith.

Post Thanks / Like

A double post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    A double post
    And an excellent one at that, well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardwick was on one of the Sunday footy shows and one of the panel members suggested Richmond were into Higgo in a big way. It seemed clear from Hardwick's reaction, without saying a word, that it may be the case.

Let the bidding war begin, if so...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Hardwick was on one of the Sunday footy shows and one of the panel members suggested Richmond were into Higgo in a big way. It seemed clear from Hardwick's reaction, without saying a word, that it may be the case.

Let the bidding war begin, if so...
    Free agent, so we get whatever the AFL thinks he's worth.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    But doesn't money come into it? Or is that just with GWS / GCS?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The bigger the rival offer, the better the FA compensation.