Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young Dog to miss rest of season with injury

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Do you remember when he played his first VFL game?
    He certainly played in the intraclub match in the pre-season. I think he had a minor set back and then played against Bendigo in round 4 (late April).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I know he did it in rd 16 last year. What rd did he play this year? Does anyone remember?
    i think he was almost ready for the first few games of the season. However he got struck down with salmonella and ended up debuting for Footscray against Bendigo in AFL equivalent round 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Sort of- It wasn't quite traditional due to the type of rupture, but it certainly wasn't LARS.
    That's what I thought - they still used the traditional hamstring tendon for the graft, as opposed to LARS surgery which involves using a synthetic fibre cable as the replacement graft for the torn ligament. LARS tends to heal quicker but is prone to snapping easier than a traditional hamstring tendon graft.

Back in the early 90's I had a knee reco done, but the traditional procedure back then was to use the patella (kneecap) tendon as the replacement graft. It created a lot more scar tissue and instability because the patella only has 3 tendons (as opposed to the 5 tendons in the hamstring) and they would use the tendon from the patella right next to the torn ligament. My graft is still solid 20 years later but there is excess wear and tear from the scar tissue, not to mention a few extra kgs being carried by my knee since then

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He certainly played in the intraclub match in the pre-season. I think he had a minor set back and then played against Bendigo in round 4 (late April).
    Thanks Ozza

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    i think he was almost ready for the first few games of the season. However he got struck down with salmonella and ended up debuting for Footscray against Bendigo in AFL equivalent round 6
    Thanks bulldogsthru&thru