Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  65
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do we have to do to keep Good Friday Footy?

If we lose the Good Friday game then Carlton and Richmond should surely lose their opening fixture.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If we lose the Good Friday game then Carlton and Richmond should surely lose their opening fixture.
    But it's tradition Happy Days. You can't mess with these traditional fixtures.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On channel see the game peaked at over 1m and averaged 677,000.
    On Foxtel the game peaked at 323,000 and averaged 255,000
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    On channel see the game peaked at over 1m and averaged 677,000.
    On Foxtel the game peaked at 323,000 and averaged 255,000
    I take it an average of 932,000 first up is pretty good for AFEL House.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The FTA figures are pretty good. How do the Foxtel figures shape up? Is a 255 000 average going to keep them sweet? Are there figures for other games we can compare it to?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone catch Eddie Maguire give some subtle cheap shots about the standard of the Good Friday match at half time on Fox Footy? No doubt sowing the seeds of doubt about the two teams given the fixture. I wonder how happy he was with the standard of tripe his team and St Kilda served up today. At least Good Friday was a belter for half the match - and they only got 36k to their match today, which was the only game in Melbourne.

I normally don't mind Ed, but he can suck it up.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Anyone catch Eddie Maguire give some subtle cheap shots about the standard of the Good Friday match at half time on Fox Footy? No doubt sowing the seeds of doubt about the two teams given the fixture. I wonder how happy he was with the standard of tripe his team and St Kilda served up today. At least Good Friday was a belter for half the match - and they only got 36k to their match today, which was the only game in Melbourne.

I feel sorry for him. He helped burn down his own club, and year after year of finishing lower, poor list management and poor organisational decisions he will have to sack his love child and may face serious for the first time from members. Poor bloke.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I normally do mind Ed and that is why.

I also heard him talk about how racism is bad this week. Coming from a guy who called an Aboriginal an ape and not getting why it's racist, a tad rich.

10. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

I also heard him talk about how racism is bad this week. Coming from a guy who called an Aboriginal an ape and not getting why it's racist, a tad rich.
    And getting away with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Eddie would have done that other than commenting on the game. Lets face it at half time it was a poor standard that turned into a good contest that could have been decided on the last kick and yes he has more than enough of his own problems.

I think he would prefer that us and North to have it rather than say Carlton and Hawthorn.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure Eddie would have done that other than commenting on the game. Lets face it at half time it was a poor standard that turned into a good contest that could have been decided on the last kick and yes he has more than enough of his own problems.
    Taking what he said into context, it was subtle white-anting. I'm sure Ed would like to have Collingwood involved in Good Friday than us or North or Carlton or Hawthorn or St Kilda. Think you underestimate his rat cunning and street smarts, which have been developed and finely honed in the mean streets of Broady.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I feel sorry for him. He helped burn down his own club, and year after year of finishing lower, poor list management and poor organisational decisions he will have to sack his love child and may face serious for the first time from members. Poor bloke.
    It's the balls up over shafting Neil Balme only for Eddie's chosen successer to fall over inside three months that will come back to bite Eddie I reckon. Not right away but a group will be working away in the background using that incident as proof of how Eddie has lost it and gradually white acting him.

Taking what he said into context, it was subtle white-anting. I'm sure Ed would like to have Collingwood involved in Good Friday than us or North or Carlton or Hawthorn or St Kilda. Think you underestimate his rat cunning and street smarts, which have been developed and finely honed in the mean streets of Broady.
    More like in the board room at the Nine Network.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

Agree with you. Ed has done his time in the game and he needs to move on, nothing he says or does is constructive anymore.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed became president the same year as Smorgon became president of us. Eddie's won a flag and set the club up at the Lexus centre and everything is humming along apart from the odd disaster but it's run out of ideas.

Apart from protecting Buck's back I can't figure out why he hangs on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Ed became president the same year as Smorgon became president of us. Eddie's won a flag and set the club up at the Lexus centre and everything is humming along apart from the odd disaster but it's run out of ideas.

Apart from protecting Buck's back I can't figure out why he hangs on.
    Actually Ed became president a year after Smorgon. I had been overseas for 7 years and got back in the September of 1998. We (family) were having breakfast at a restaurant in South Yarra called Harvey's and sitting at the next table was Eddie and the proposed new board discussing plans to take over Collingwood. At the time, I didn't know who the hell Eddie was (due to my overseas stint).

The next day (a Monday), Eddie announced his intentions.

I agree, if I was a Collingwood supporter, I would want some changes, 18 plus years in the job is a long time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.