Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  54
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Labor promise Western Bulldogs will play two games in Ballarat every season

They will obviously be interstate teams we play against, don't the Adelaide Crows have a tie with Ballarat too?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    They will obviously be interstate teams we play against, don't the Adelaide Crows have a tie with Ballarat too?
    When Ballarat was announced, the Adelaide teams were identified as likely teams to be scheduled there as Ballarat is closer to Adelaide than any other interstate venue and driveable for the keen. Cars/busses to Ballarat from Adelaide will have a 2-3 hour less round trip compared to MCG/Etihad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Let's hope both games are not smack bang in the middle of winter. Bbbbrrrrrr...very very cold.
    Yep very true B4L. As Ballarat is on higher land this much colder in the winter time.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    1 Hr 58m from Mooroolbark. That's a 6 can trip. Might need a chauffeur.
    If you take the train. Belgrave/Lilydale line then change at Southern Cross and take the Vline
    train to Ballarat.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 09-02-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    If you took the train. Belgrave/Lilydale line then change at Southern Cross and take the Vline
    train to Ballarat.
    Just be sure to disguise the cans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Brett Goodes.

The locals here (I live in Ballarat, moved here last August when I found out we'd be playing home games here ) are very "local" with their footy — the local news revolves heavily around either local teams or any particular AFL player with a Ballarat connection.

With a raft of talent from this region on our list at present (Stringer, Dickson, Crameri to name just a few) we should be partnering not just with Ballarat but Bendigo as well. Many folks here support the Cats because they're a) seen as a regional team or b) are the closest.
    I wouldn't go saying that Bendigo boys are from the Ballarat region in town. If the locals don't lynch you then the Bendigonians certainly will.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    When Ballarat was announced, the Adelaide teams were identified as likely teams to be scheduled there as Ballarat is closer to Adelaide than any other interstate venue and driveable for the keen. Cars/busses to Ballarat from Adelaide will have a 2-3 hour less round trip compared to MCG/Etihad.
    With only 18,000 seats, we'll pack the ground out without any help from Adelaide clubs. In fact, I can't help but think a lot of them will potentially block out the locals from going.

I can't help but think Gold Coast or GWS would be the better fit. Right size stadium, plus a bit of a home state, home climate advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...11-gjkqou.html

The Adelaide angle will definitely be part of the planning though, as outlined above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yet according to Google, Ballarat to Geelong and Ballarat to West Footscray are both - 1 hour 11 minutes driving.
    Google doesn't have to sit in first gear on the Ring Road. Geelong is closer.

10. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Google doesn't have to sit in first gear on the Ring Road. Geelong is closer.

Drive an auto, problem solved.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Much easier than Canberra, Darwin or Cairns. Looking forward to shivering it out with my bulldog brothers and sisters.
    My sentiments exactly. Much prefer the prospect of a little road trip to Ballarat once or twice a year, than our usual interstate home game in the 4:40 timeslot on tv.

Post Thanks / Like

Design for stadium.

story here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that looks lovely.

Post Thanks / Like

They should finish it off. It will be a windy hollow if they don't enclose it properly.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They should finish it off. It will be a windy hollow if they don't enclose it properly.
    Yep. I also recall the capacity being touted as something like 23k, then 17k and now I see it's 11k....
    Surely 11k isn't enough to accommodate one-third of our members?!

I'm slightly underwhelmed with how far this thing's been scaled back..