Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's Dogs and Swans for me - Thomo

Well it's swans vs someone

2. Likes bulldogtragic, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He has a habit of holding grudges, jumping on a hobby horse, whipping it so hard he has to turn the whip around and bludgeon the poor creature to to death with the handle, and then deface its corpse. This, and his tendency to take deserved swipes at the establishment of the game is why he pretty much always burns out in the gigs he gets.

Around 2009 and beyond he believed the Bulldogs to be a selfish team, full of selfish players, and had been for quite some time. Here's an article from 2011 about the club's leadership.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226061583231

His issue is that when he goes hard from the outside looking in he lacks perspective and is too narrow minded. When he comments on topics for which there is plenty of information to form an informed opinion he's extremely insightful.
    To be fair, I don't think he was wrong in the 2011 article. Griffin was left out of that batch, but he hardly excelled at being a leader (blaming McCartney is only half the issue). Even as much as we laud Murphy, he like Gia should really have been demanding the captains job at the end of 2010. at the time I remember being outraged at Thomas, but in hindsight he may well have been right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That was the first game I just didn't enjoy watching. I used to watch pretty much any footy they put on TV to watch. But I lost interest in that game completel
    It was a horrible game of football.

The second quarter produced only one goal and it came late in the quarter, sick meant they're were no ad breaks for virtually the whole quarter. When it came Steve Quartermain exclaimed "go to a commercial!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    To be fair, I don't think he was wrong in the 2011 article. Griffin was left out of that batch, but he hardly excelled at being a leader (blaming McCartney is only half the issue). Even as much as we laud Murphy, he like Gia should really have been demanding the captains job at the end of 2010. at the time I remember being outraged at Thomas, but in hindsight he may well have been right.
    To my point, he goes hard without any real insight. Sure, he may have been right about our club in some respects, but if you balance it out against the other issues he goes hard towards with no insight or perspective then under those circumstances his opinions become suspect.

My posting history has always been geared towards player leadership over anything when it comes to issues with our club. It doesn't make me as spiteful or narrow minded about it as Thomas.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Thomas was right about the Dogs and Swans!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Throughandthrough, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Grant Thomas was right about the Dogs and Swans!
    So was ticketmaster