Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  42

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope Ballarat clash persuades state government to boost Eureka Stadium’s capacity

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What does half done mean though? There was only funding for phase 1.
    Read the post again and draw some obvious conclusions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope Ballarat clash persuades state government to boost Eureka Stadium’s capacity

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Read the post again and draw some obvious conclusions.
    The club wants the capacity to double, is that what you're referring to as half done? I agree that dealing with governments and councils is slow going, and by publicly stating our desire for capacity to increase, it seems like we are trying to force this through.

I doubt the club ever thought an 11,000 capacity stadium was going to be sufficient, hence the multiple phases in the initial planning brief. So no one here predicted it per se, increased capacity was always the plan.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The club wants the capacity to double, is that what you're referring to as half done? I agree that dealing with governments and councils is slow going, and by publicly stating our desire for capacity to increase, it seems like we are trying to force this through.

I doubt the club ever thought an 11,000 capacity stadium was going to be sufficient, hence the multiple phases in the initial planning brief. So no one here predicted it per se, increased capacity was always the plan.
    All what you've said is a given. My point is phase two can't take 3 years plus because there is a strong chance our members will just write off going there if it's too hard to get a seat and then vastly more expensive to acquire. Has Phase 2 even been funded yet?
    For Gary Kent to come out before we have even played our first game and say it needs to be closer to 20K to me is a sign he's reading the play and hoping he can up the ante.

Having worked on a couple of high priced projects over the years there are always compromises that can be reached and settling for a venue that holds 11K was always far from ideal but now possibly made worse by our expanding membership base.
    We have also discussed this on other threads but Phase one needed to be closer to 15K especially if we are drawing teams from SA to the venue because we are anticipating they will travel there.

We have some challenges ahead to make this work.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"