Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs New Apparel - BLK

Dogs transition apparel brand to BLK

Following yesterday’s logo launch, the Western Bulldogs will formally transition its apparel brand from KooGa to BLK ahead of the 2015 season.

Owned by the WRS Group, BLK is the internationally recognised high performance sports apparel brand, and consolidated KooGa as part of its international expansion in November 2013.

The Western Bulldogs became KooGa’s first AFL team in Oct 2009 and will continue its partnership with WRS Group and the BLK brand until at least the end of 2016.
    Western Bulldogs Chief Executive, Simon Garlick said the WRS Group had played an integral part in supplying high-quality performance apparel to its players and staff.

“KooGa has been a valued partner of ours for the past five years and we are looking forward to having BLK appear on all our new apparel,” Garlick said.
    “Since 2009, where we were its sole AFL partner, BLK will become the largest supplier to the AFL in 2015, which is evidence of the quality of high-performance apparel they produce.”

BLK Chief Executive Officer Tyron Brant said he was thrilled the Western Bulldogs have transitioned from KooGa, to coincide with its recent logo launch.
    “We are very pleased to have the Western Bulldogs continue with the WRS Group and join the BLK family,” Brant said.

“It was a joint decision by the Western Bulldogs and BLK to keep the Bulldogs in the KooGa brand in 2014, and it made perfect sense to coordinate the change of both our logos at the same time.”
    “We love the new logo and look forward to our continued partnership, with a Club who was central to our brand entering the AFL market.”
    Members and fans wanting to be the first to wear the new BLK range, which will feature on both the AFL and VFL team apparel, can click here to pre-order 2015 gear today.

Link here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs New Apparel - BLK

Looks good, let's hope our loyalty is rewarded accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but with how last season turned out and way the draft is progressing I can't get too enthusiastic about logo and apparel changes.

It kind of reminds me of an old t-shirt which I have. This related to a franchise system in which I once participated. The system had all kinds of problems. Rather than address the real core business problems the franchisors response was to inflict some different window dressing and ephemera on the franchisees.

Result, we printed up some "Deck Chairs are Us" t-shirts as a protest for the next franchise meeting.

This of course was a reference to the old saying about re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I still have the orignal so if anybody would like a copy in red/white/blue I am sure we could organise a re-run.

ps: To be fair the gear looks good, and I am sure someone worked hard to get this over the line for the club. But lets fix the building before we worry about what colour we paint it.
    Last edited by Jeanette54; 09-10-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Sorry, but with how last season turned out and way the draft is progressing I can't get too enthusiastic about logo and apparel changes.

It kind of reminds me of an old t-shirt which I have. This related to a franchise system in which I once participated. The system had all kinds of problems. Rather than address the real core business problems the franchisors response was to inflict some different window dressing and ephemera on the franchisees.

Result, we printed up some "Deck Chairs are Us" t-shirts as a protest for the next franchise meeting.

This of course was a reference to the old saying about re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I still have the orignal so if anybody would like a copy in red/white/blue I am sure we could organise a re-run.

ps: To be fair the gear looks good, and I am sure someone worked hard to get this over the line for the club. But lets fix the building before we worry about what colour we paint it.

Don't forget it's also about making money, which is also tied into the club's success.

The one thing I am confident about in the club is the administration side. PG is doing an excellent job and the club has never been in a better position. Just need that to rub off onfield.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess after our latest draft news I should be printing "Deck Chairs Are Us" T-shirts with a number 16 on the back. :-(

What did I say about fixing the core business ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I guess after our latest draft news I should be printing "Deck Chairs Are Us" T-shirts with a number 16 on the back. :-(

What did I say about fixing the core business ?
    Its not the business we are having issues with , it's our product.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.