Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs forward Jack Redpath sees opening alongside Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Credit to Vlaustin for getting up and playing on also. He won me over on Saturday. Quality kid.

Yep. Props to him, that took some serious courage Jack hit him hard.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Redpath is no star, but on the weekend he presented and did everything that could have been asked.
    I am very glad we missed out on Dawes because Redpath fills a similar role and his improvement has been excellent. The perfect foil for the stars who will spend time in the F50.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep. Props to him, that took some serious courage Jack hit him hard.
    Whatsdoin is a stud and would be perfect for us. See a lot of Luke Hodge in him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Redpath is no star, but on the weekend he presented and did everything that could have been asked.
    I am very glad we missed out on Dawes because Redpath fills a similar role and his improvement has been excellent. The perfect foil for the stars who will spend time in the F50.
    I was thinking the other day who does he remind me of. You just nailed it for me. Dawes is the man. Obviously Redpath is nowhere near where Dawes was at but certainly has similar traits in being big and strong with a nice kick. Hopefully he can prove the perfect foil for Boyd. Looks like he can also take a strong mark. He just needs to get better at reading the game.

I also really love the mongrel he brings to the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I was thinking the other day who does he remind me of. You just nailed it for me. Dawes is the man. Obviously Redpath is nowhere near where Dawes was at but certainly has similar traits in being big and strong with a nice kick. Hopefully he can prove the perfect foil for Boyd. Looks like he can also take a strong mark. He just needs to get better at reading the game.

I also really love the mongrel he brings to the team.
    More like a Leigh Brown mongrel type for me.
    On the edge of angry and agitated.
    If Redders brings that type of intensity,nous and pressure most if not every week,will be one of Bevo's faves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lost me at Grant is a KPP fighting for a spot with Ayce.
    Agree. Ayce has shown a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Jack was interviewed on MMM yesterday and told them that he was around the 99kg mark. Said he's made some massive changes to his diet as part of his fitness work. Paid tribute to Justin Cordy's work.

9. Thanks azabob, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really believe having Redpath and Tom Boyd in the one team will work for us. Redpath playing up the ground abit and Boyd back in the square. He is a good contested mark, a good kick and plays it hard. If the Swans can have a Franklin and Tippet in the same team, there is no reason we can't have these two together.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I really believe having Redpath and Tom Boyd in the one team will work for us. Redpath playing up the ground abit and Boyd back in the square. He is a good contested mark, a good kick and plays it hard. If the Swans can have a Franklin and Tippet in the same team, there is no reason we can't have these two together.
    I agree BAD Dermie was just saying the other day to have two big forwards in the finals is a big plus

Post Thanks / Like

We need Crameri and Rought back to see maximum dividends. Boyd gets the best, Crameri Second and Stringer Third. He gets the 4th or 5th if Roughy rests forward. When we get the forward set up right, he needs to destroy much lesser opponents. I hope he does, and I hope it's this week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I agree BAD Dermie was just saying the other day to have two big forwards in the finals is a big plus
    It's about quality, not how many/how few. I think you have to have at least one quality tall, no doubt but fans are too black and white with 'top heavy'.

If a tall is mobile, you can play six of them. However, if you have two immobile tall forwards that are not consistently dangerous, you will get absolutely murdered on the rebound by the better sides.

The Hawks have a pretty sound forward structure (refuse to really give credit to Swans one, buying two KPFs). Roughy is all in one KPF. Can play deep, kick the goals etc and then go up the ground and get touches. Then they have Bruest and Gunston who offer flexibility. I like their ruck set up with the 2nd ruck something forward then often subbed out for run.

Stringer is a huge piece in the jigsaw. His all-round ability can add so much versatility to the forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone supporting or coaching any team would have been happy with Redpath's game on Saturday, none more than himself. The big question of course is can he bring it consistently enough to justify his position in the team.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He displayed the sort of form he showed in the preseason that had me so optimistic about our forward setup with him in the team. If he can produce it regularly we're a much better team immediately
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Anyone supporting or coaching any team would have been happy with Redpath's game on Saturday, none more than himself. The big question of course is can he bring it consistently enough to justify his position in the team.
    The good thing is he has only played 6 games and he has improved noticeably from game 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved what Big Red brought to the table Sat in Cairns.
    Clunk a few marks and he could have doubled his scoreboard impact.
    He needs to realise though that he has to bring it every week if he is to stay in the side as the great thing about us now is tht there are fights for spots every week.