Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs no certainty to host final at Etihad Stadium

I don't care where we play or who we play.

If we want to get to the big show we have to good enough to beat up anyone, anywhere.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Likes Bulldog Joe, Twodogs, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd prefer us to play at the MCG.

Can absolutely understand the logic of us getting a home final, and having an advantage at Etihad.

I guess I am just a little bit traditional about things - but I feel like finals are supposed to be at the MCG.

When its finals time - its time to go to the big stadium, in front of the big crowd and the good sides get it done there. I don't like the idea of the club pushing for an Etihad final. You could argue that asking to play there is conceding that it would be harder to win at the G' or that somehow we are less capable of getting the win there. I'd like to see us embrace the idea of playing at the G'. We should be excited about it.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I like the idea of beating Richmond and or the Crows on the MCG.

If we play either of them there we will, and it will be grand.
    From what I can ascertain they have it coming.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes jeemak, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly Ozza. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bring on G, and the atmosphere it brings.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere anytime
    Unless we play the Ravens it will be the G

Post Thanks / Like

Changed my mind numerous times regarding this. Current thought is give us a fast deck and a loud and passionate crowd at Etihad. Happy to then move to the G for the remainder of the campaign.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feerless leader Gill has said, unless it's an interstate team we're playing, the game will be at the G. It's part of their maximising attendances strategy. It's good to see Gill can find the time in his day to manipulate the competition when he has to dedicate so much time to social engineering the community at large.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

12. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No great shock

Post Thanks / Like

No great stress. I'm happy to play a final against anyone, anywhere, anytime.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Feerless leader Gill has said, unless it's an interstate team we're playing, the game will be at the G. It's part of their maximising attendances strategy. It's good to see Gill can find the time in his day to manipulate the competition when he has to dedicate so much time to social engineering the community at large.
    Well fearless leader Gill, if we earn the right for a home game we should get to choose where we play. Try taking a home game away from WC, Freo, Adelaide, Sydney and see what response you get.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair they have made the Swans play at the Olympic Stadium for most of their finals recently, when the Swans players and coaches clearly would have preferred to play at the SCG.

As an overseas supporter who won't get to experience the atmosphere, I would say play at etihad because we have an advantage and our best chance of winning.

If I was still in Melbourne, I'd probably want it at the G.

Post Thanks / Like

We may as well get some finals experience at the G. We're going to be playing there for a long time in the future

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to play at either. MCG will be beneficial in the longer term.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not in the 'I don't care where we play' camp. Even the greatest of sides have a home ground advantage, doesn't mean you are any less great. The Eagles and Freo are the best 2 teams in the comp this year and they are better at Subi than anywhere else. It's a joke we don't play 1 home game at the MCG then suddenly when we earn a home final, we have to play there. I get it for the Grand Final, I will cop it for a prelim but it makes the league lack integrity.

The NBA and Champions League are pretty big business. Imagine the Broklyn Nets had to play their finals at MSG or Chelsea play their home ties in the knockout stages at Emirates Stadium because you can cram in more people and get bigger dollars. No money would make these two leagues do that.

20. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I am not in the 'I don't care where we play' camp. Even the greatest of sides have a home ground advantage, doesn't mean you are any less great. The Eagles and Freo are the best 2 teams in the comp this year and they are better at Subi than anywhere else. It's a joke we don't play 1 home game at the MCG then suddenly when we earn a home final, we have to play there. I get it for the Grand Final, I will cop it for a prelim but it makes the league lack integrity.

The NBA and Champions League are pretty big business. Imagine the Broklyn Nets had to play their finals at MSG or Chelsea play their home ties in the knockout stages at Emirates Stadium because you can cram in more people and get bigger dollars. No money would make these two leagues do that.
    Totally agree with you Rocco. Geelong got to play a home final at Symonds, so we should get the right to play at Etihad and too bad for Adelaide, Richmond and North.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.