Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think he's more capable than Roberts there.
    Fair enough, I disagree. Fletch cops it week in and week out on this board. This week he had one goal kicked on him by Daniher who took a ripping mark, in the "markers up" style contest.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Fair enough, I disagree. Fletch cops it week in and week out on this board. This week he had one goal kicked on him by Daniher who took a ripping mark, in the "markers up" style contest.
    What I do like about Fletch is that he looks absolutely filthy when he gets beaten, especially in the air. A good sign that he is driven and extremely competitive which is what you want from a developing young back.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    He's lucky Daniher cannot kick straight and didn't get adequate supply though.

Given our stocks at the moment, Roberts gets a game but he is not a top 4 side quality key defender. I'm pretty concerned if we have to come up against JK or even one of Norf's talls in Week 1.

Hamling is a better prospect for mine. Similar to Roberts in terms of one on one ability, but Hamling is a much better athlete and uses the ball better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's lucky Daniher cannot kick straight and didn't get adequate supply though.

Given our stocks at the moment, Roberts gets a game but he is not a top 4 side quality key defender. I'm pretty concerned if we have to come up against JK or even one of Norf's talls in Week 1.

Hamling is a better prospect for mine. Similar to Roberts in terms of one on one ability, but Hamling is a much better athlete and uses the ball better.
    I agree with the above as Roberts would not be in the current side if we had more players available. However, he has improved well and he should stay in the side. He provides adequate cover now and if he continues to develop then he could be very handy, even best 22.

If Jack the brother of the diver could become a quality individual then we should go hard at him. That would realy place Toyd in the Tippett category of forward/ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo and Firrito all to let go by the Kangas - would we consider any of them on a cheap 1 year deal if they decide to play on?

I'd like Firrito just for the meltdown that would happen on this site!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo and Firrito all to let go by the Kangas - would we consider any of them on a cheap 1 year deal if they decide to play on?

I'd like Firrito just for the meltdown that would happen on this site!
    Petrie looks cooked but 1 year while Redpath is out? Hmm maybe?

Dal Santo? Adds some polish. Maybe?

Boomer? Again polish and goal scorer. Maybe? Hate the little turd though.

Firrito? Footscray? Not even there!

I think all but Firrito could be productive for a season but it's a risk. While they come for free they do take up a list spot.

7. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Petrie looks cooked but 1 year while Redpath is out? Hmm maybe?

Dal Santo? Adds some polish. Maybe?

Boomer? Again polish and goal scorer. Maybe? Hate the little turd though.

Firrito? Footscray? Not even there!

I think all but Firrito could be productive for a season but it's a risk. While they come for free they do take up a list spot.
    An interesting question would be rookie listing one or two and upgrading them from day one with Wally & Redders out for the year. With the rookie list likely to go next year, it's not too much loss and we'd be using the RL strategically to offset injuries. If it was Adcock or Petrie/NDS, I'd take the latter players on the list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks to all of them. Petrie is as cooked as a footballer has looked this year - been a mighty player but he has hit the wall. Firrito was never even close enough to the oven to get cooked - most appropriate nickname in AFL history.

Dal is slow, outside and a one-way runner - excellent career but no thanks.

Boomer is Norf through and through - he will either retire or get another year.

10. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    An interesting question would be rookie listing one or two and upgrading them from day one with Wally & Redders out for the year. With the rookie list likely to go next year, it's not too much loss and we'd be using the RL strategically to offset injuries. If it was Adcock or Petrie/NDS, I'd take the latter players on the list.
    Well yeah. 2 rookies will be virtual starters but I think we'll need to get them a contract. I'm sure there will be interest elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    No thanks to all of them. Petrie is as cooked as a footballer has looked this year - been a mighty player but he has hit the wall. Firrito was never even close enough to the oven to get cooked - most appropriate nickname in AFL history.

Dal is slow, outside and a one-way runner - excellent career but no thanks.

Boomer is Norf through and through - he will either retire or get another year.
    How Firrito played as much footy as he did will long serve as the game's greatest mystery.

13. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How Firrito played as much footy as he did will long serve as the game's greatest mystery.
    I think Brad Scott saw a lot of himself in Firrito...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I raise you the Woewodin Brownlow.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

If Boomer wanted to go on we could do worse. On current form he'd be crazy not to continue.

He'd fit our forward line ok.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't make me have to like Brent Harvey...

18. Likes G-Mo77, azabob, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love Norfs reasoning of making the announcements now... Saying it's likely to be our last match in Melbourne for the year.

When in reality if they beat GWS it's more than likely we play them at the G first week.

Are they also conceding they won't go past the first week regardless? Not the best message to send.