Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's war

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's war

Finally! We have a rival, and not just a 'leftovers' rival after the AFL have put together 'Rivalry Round'.

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney just enjoyed one of the best nights of sport they've ever had last weekend with the Sydney FC v Western Sydney Wanderers match. GWS are desperate for any angle whatsoever to build some sort of profile and footprint in Wanderers and Rugby League heartland. This is contrived fluff #havelessboyd

Post Thanks / Like

I posted in the other thread about this, but just to reiterate....

GWS are a pissant, plastic bunch of nobodies. I'm not riled up by this, just bemused by their very existence. I will take great joy in seeing this stupid marketing strategy dismantled. If they had to fight and scrap and go through what we have just to be in the mix, they'd not exist. They'd be found wanting. They simply have not earned the right to say anything to us. It is pathetic.

Actions have consequences though. May they be greeted with the most spiteful, venomous and disturbing reception an away team has ever seen. We should aim to inflict abuse on them unlike anything the game has ever seen. Break them, remove them from the game. Rip out their throats and urinate on their carcass.

4. Likes N/A, Twodogs, Pickenitup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Be honest it's liked being smacked around the chops with a wet lettuce.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a bit strange, and pathetic to me. It says to me they're smarting from losing Boyd, more than we are from losing those three.

I'd like to know how the actual football people involved feel about it. It doesn't really matter though, we now have a green light to hurl abuse at players and coaches we didn't have a few moments ago which I'm sure some of us wanted anyway.

Inadvertently or not Griffen, Ward and Cameron have exhausted any goodwill our supporter base might have afforded them.

7. Likes The bulldog tragician, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My initial thoughts were the same .
    The Boyd trade has rattled their cage, and the non Buddy recruiting has given them zero interest with the Sydney media.
    Their borders have been breached now

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see our banner at that game .. Any ideas for that ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It is a bit strange, and pathetic to me. It says to me they're smarting from losing Boyd, more than we are from losing those three.

I'd like to know how the actual football people involved feel about it. It doesn't really matter though, we now have a green light to hurl abuse at players and coaches we didn't have a few moments ago which I'm sure some of us wanted anyway.

Inadvertently or not Griffen, Ward and Cameron have exhausted any goodwill our supporter base might have afforded them.
    Was thinking the same thing, especially Cameron.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I posted in the other thread about this, but just to reiterate....

GWS are a pissant, plastic bunch of nobodies. I'm not riled up by this, just bemused by their very existence. I will take great joy in seeing this stupid marketing strategy dismantled. If they had to fight and scrap and go through what we have just to be in the mix, they'd not exist. They'd be found wanting. They simply have not earned the right to say anything to us. It is pathetic.

Actions have consequences though. May they be greeted with the most spiteful, venomous and disturbing reception an away team has ever seen. We should aim to inflict abuse on them unlike anything the game has ever seen. Break them, remove them from the game. Rip out their throats and urinate on their carcass.
    Love it.

I'm most disappointed by Cameron. I loved Leon as a kid, I still have his footy card. I appreciate him doing the best he can for his current team, but something about it just sticks. Surely he has said at some point, “Guys, we got their captain, that's brilliant, but afford some respect to a great and very, very resilient club.”??

I think SoS has provided next year's banner. Rip out their throats and urinate on their carcass.

Post Thanks / Like

Think everyone is being a little precious, good on them for having a crack!

Bit rich to suggest this was the brainchild of Ward, Griff & Leon, it is simply a photo of the three that the marketing department has played around with.

We were lauded last year for adding a bit of humour to our banners, don't see how this is any different. Fun part now is coming back with a sizzler of a reply, Rocket Science's was a good start, would love the club to upload it!

Post Thanks / Like

Stole this from Facebook:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Axe Man; 22-10-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Coming from an organisation that gave Israel Folau a job as a footballer, this is a bit rich. Much like the whole team, they're trying to manufacture something. Pathetic.
    It's nice to know that our $1millon is invested in an AFL footballer, and not wasted on a Rugby Union player....

Post Thanks / Like

Meh.

We had first dibs on Cameron and said no; twice actually when you think about it.

Ward was maybe our least eloqaint and, well, dumbest player ever, so they made him captain.

Griffen's eyes are too close to together.

Plus none of them are Tom Boyd

Bulldogs 4-0.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Go_Dogs, N/A liked this post