Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  538
Page 1 of 127 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

List Management 2015

Listed here is our team in positional order and their respective ages as at the start of the 2016 season. In this thread we can discuss what we need to do to improve our list, trade and recruiting ideas & rumours, types of draftees we need etc. The positions are just a guide as some players could easily cross from one group to another.

Key Forwards

Boyd 20, Stringer 21, Redpath 25,

Medium/Small Forwards

Crameri 27, Dickson 28, McLean 20, Hamilton 20, Dale 19,

Ruckmen

Minson 31, Roughead 25, Campbell 24, Goetz,18

Tall Midfielders

Bontempelli 20, Macrae 21, Stevens 24, Jong 22, Dunkley, 18, Williams 18,

Small Midfielders

Liberatore 23, Wallis 23, Picken 29, Dahlhaus 23, Hunter 21, Hrovat 21, C.Smith 22, Honeychurch 21, Prudden 21, Daniel 19,

Key Defenders

Morris 33, Hamling 23, Roberts 22, Z.Cordy 19, Adams, 22, Collins 18

Medium/Small Defenders

Murphy 33, Boyd 33, Wood 26, Johannisen 23, Webb 20, Biggs 24, R.Smith 19*, Suckling 27, Lynch 18, Adcock 30
    Last edited by The Doctor; 07-12-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: updated to include draftees
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Thanks Sedat, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2015

2015 AFL Free Agents

ADELAIDE
    Patrick Dangerfield
    Richard Douglas
    Andy Otten
    Brent Reilly
    Scott Thompson
    Brodie Martin

BRISBANE LIONS
    Jed Adcock
    Matthew Leuenberger

CARLTON
    Dennis Armfield
    Andrew Carrazzo
    David Ellard
    Matthew Kreuzer
    Chris Judd

COLLINGWOOD
    Brent Macaffer

ESSENDON
    Courtenay Dempsey
    Brent Stanton
    Tom Bellchambers
    Dustin Fletcher
    Tayte Pears
    Jason Winderlich

FREMANTLE
    Ryan Crowley
    Paul Duffield
    Michael Johnson
    Luke McPharlin
    Matthew Pavlich
    Aaron Sandilands

GEELONG
    Jimmy Bartel
    Corey Enright
    Tom Hawkins
    James Kelly
    Steve Johnson
    Andrew Mackie
    Dawson Simpson
    Mathew Stokes

HAWTHORN
    Luke Hodge
    Sam Mitchell
    Matthew Suckling
    Brendan Whitecross

MELBOURNE
    Colin Garland
    Mark Jamar

NORTH MELBOURNE
    Michael Firrito
    Nathan Grima
    Brent Harvey
    Scott McMahon
    Drew Petrie
    Robbie Tarrant

PORT ADELAIDE
    Kane Cornes
    Tom Logan (rookie)

RICHMOND
    Nathan Foley
    Chris Newman
    Alex Rance

ST KILDA
    Sean Dempster
    Sam Fisher
    Sam Gilbert
    Jack Steven
    Adam Schneider (rookie)

SYDNEY SWANS
    Adam Goodes
    Heath Grundy
    Ted Richards

WEST COAST
    Sam Butler
    Patrick McGinnity
    Scott Selwood
    Beau Waters

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Matthew Boyd
    Jarrad Grant
    Dale Morris
    Robert Murphy

4. Thanks Sedat, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread Doc. Isn't Kelly a key defender?

I would like some reinforcements in the ruck/key forward area. Kreuzer is an intriguing player - I really rate his work ethic around the ground, and his forward craft is very natural for a ruckman, but the injury history is hard to ignore. If he passes a medical, I'd be very keen to look at someone like him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I would like some reinforcements in the ruck/key forward area. Kreuzer is an intriguing player - I really rate his work ethic around the ground, and his forward craft is very natural for a ruckman, but the injury history is hard to ignore. If he passes a medical, I'd be very keen to look at someone like him.
    In an ideal world he would be perfect for us wouldn't he?

Unfortunately if he's fit, he'll cost too much, and if he's affordable he won't be fit.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is slightly undersized for that, plays more as a mid sized defender/mid. His height is deceptive because he's all neck.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Unfortunately if he's fit, he'll cost too much, and if he's affordable he won't be fit.
    Bingo.

I actually think a good forward/ruck is a very hard thing to find, those who are even adequate at it are often maligned. Ty Vickery is out of favour at the moment, with Griffiths in front of him (and I really rate Griffiths). That sort of player would suit our forward structure and he's an adequate ruck.

I really want a genuine second ruck/forward on our list and one more key defender. I think a tall back option of Roughy, genuine CHB, Talia (who is quick and can take the guys Morris does now) would be an ideal framework to work from.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bingo.

I actually think a good forward/ruck is a very hard thing to find, those who are even adequate at it are often maligned. Ty Vickery is out of favour at the moment, with Griffiths in front of him (and I really rate Griffiths). That sort of player would suit our forward structure and he's an adequate ruck.

I really want a genuine second ruck/forward on our list and one more key defender. I think a tall back option of Roughy, genuine CHB, Talia (who is quick and can take the guys Morris does now) would be an ideal framework to work from.
    I hate Vickery but he's big, aggressive, can take a mark and is a wonderful long kick. He is a better realistic CHF option than anyone I can see and with our young stars demanding more and more money we need to consider the best option moving forward. Vickery is ok and would be well priced. He's certainly better than Redpath or Cordy forward and I think we really need to be looking at another key forward.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily. Carlton are stretched with their salary cap - they would be reluctant to offer too much coin to him after the Dale Thomas fiasco.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily. Carlton are stretched with their salary cap - they would be reluctant to offer too much coin to him after the Dale Thomas fiasco.
    The gift that keeps on giving; Eddie Betts got absolutely smashed on the weekend and still kicked 4 goals!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The gift that keeps on giving; Eddie Betts got absolutely smashed on the weekend and still kicked 4 goals!
    And he's on $600k to $650k pa to kick largely junktime goals.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If he's 191cm I wouldn't mind selling real estate to the bloke who measured him. In the flesh he looks about the same size as Matthew Boyd.

Looking at the OP it's an incredibly young list we have at the moment. While we need to balance the salary cap, age wise we're in prime position to sign a 25 year old FA, not that too many are jumping off the page from that list mind you.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Looking at the OP it's an incredibly young list we have at the moment. While we need to balance the salary cap, age wise we're in prime position to sign a 25 year old FA, not that too many are jumping off the page from that list mind you.
    Agree with that, it's a pretty shoddy list.. What about someone like Tarrant or Grima from North? They have quite a few talls and when they are at full strength there will be a couple who won't be in their best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Agree with that, it's a pretty shoddy list.. What about someone like Tarrant or Grima from North? They have quite a few talls and when they are at full strength there will be a couple who won't be in their best 22.
    It lacks quality in the 24-27 age bracket no question, but it's pretty well balanced in terms of positional options and of players who should make it vs players who might make it. Another decent cut at years end to players clogging up space and we'll be on pretty good track.

Don't fancy Grima, he's undersized and injury prone, but don't mind the idea of Tarrant. He's got big upside and shouldn't cost much given his injury history, unless Norf are just desperate to keep him.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the sub rule will be axed for next season which will lessen the need for a forward/ruck. Don't get me wrong - it would still be invaluable to have a Ryder type on the list, but at least reverting to a standard 4 man interchange should make it easier to play 2 legitimate ruckmen if desired.

18. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Uncontracted Players

GWS

Adam Treloar
    Will Hoskin-Elliott
    Stephen Coniglio
    Dylan Shiel