Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Vale "The Banker"

We have lost a contributor to cancer. "The Banker", my beloved brother, passed away at 8:30 this morning after six months with prostate cancer, during which he showed the depth of his best qualities, courage, style, emotional intelligence and care for others. He did not express any sense of suffering either physically or mentally during his illness. In fact to visit him was an uplifting experience during this time.
    We were born in Droop St Footscray both on Feb 10, he in 1952, me in a great year for Footscray fans, 1954. So he lived and died without experiencing what we follow our team for: a premiership. We did not start barracking for the Dogs until about 1957 being too young before that so '54 doesn't count. Before we moved from Footscray, he aged nine and me seven, we would find our way together to the Western Oval for games and practice sessions, seeing the great Ted Whitten do things the cameras did not catch and the valiant John Shultz who actually played fairly without whacking anyone and did the Brownlow proud. We were together at the MCG for the preliminary final 1997 Adelaide Crows when we could have, should have been on the road to a premiership but had our guts taken out instead.
    Tim was a natural winner, successful restauranteur, skilled sportsman, everyone loved him. He was a mercurial character. His postings here were very conservative as if he didn't want to attract attention, I'm guessing hence the name "The Banker".
    If ever the Bulldogs win the big one, he will be coursing through me with all the force of nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vale "The Banker"

Sorry for your loss, much love to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing at a time that is no doubt very tough for you. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Sincere condolences to you and your family. I always enjoyed reading his posts and wish his family all the best.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you Droop St and your family.

RIP "The Banker"

Thank you for taking the time to share those brief stories about your footy lives together.

Post Thanks / Like

My condolences to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Condolences mate. My thoughts are with your family.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no So very sorry to hear of your brother's passing. Sincere condolences to all the family.Cancer is such a horrible disease, may he now rest in peace.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

All the best to you and the family

I,m sure the AFL would,nt mind if his spirit played as an extra forward today

Post Thanks / Like

A fine tribute. My condolences.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you and your family with the loss of your brother Tim aka "The Banker".

I cannot begin to think of the pain you are feeling right at this moment; I truly appreciate you posting this thread at this time ... It brought a tear (or two).

My father-in-law has just begun his fight with prostrate cancer too.

Tim was also a very generous person, making a large donation to my fundraising for SIDS'n'Kids.

He will be missed on this forum.

RIP The Banker
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Condolences Droop , family and friends, maybe the Banker can help us from above now.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry for your loss. RIP The Banker.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear that he passed, but it sounds as though his passing inspired those around him with his dignity and courage. Go gently and thanks for sharing your story. I really enjoyed reading it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for writing such a great tribute. My condolences.