Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Young Bulldog Found Unconcious

Oh dear god.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...1/default.aspx

EXCLUSIVE: A YOUNG Western Bulldogs player was found by police in a state of unconsciousness in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The Bulldogs became aware of the incident yesterday and are currently dealing with the matter.

It is believed the player was found in possession of a small amount of illicit substances, and was questioned by police after they found him at 3.30am on King Street in Melbourne's CBD.

The player has been placed in a diversion program by police.

The Bulldogs have failed to return calls on the matter, despite repeated attempts to contact the club in the past 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young Bulldog Found Unconcious

Why o Why - dickhead.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why o Why - dickhead.
    My first reaction was i hope he's alright.

Then that.

Post Thanks / Like

A difficult time for the Club coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

They name of the player is being leaked on some sites but I would appreciate it that we do not speculate on any player until the club makes it's statement.

I think the club needs to get ahead of this if they can.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, hope they're alright and we help them work through this. Silly boy, whoever it was, but we need to show solidarity as a club here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I think the club needs to get ahead of this if they can.
    What do you mean by that GVG?

In organising a response, or in dealing with the player?

Or both?

I'd hope we publicly shield a young player from some of what he is likely to cop for an incident like this, but work with him to hopefully resolve this as an issue for his life.

If its a senior listed player then my view is that the player should not be available for selection again in 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

Or both?

I'd hope we publicly shield a young player from some of what he is likely to cop for an incident like this, but work with him to hopefully resolve this as an issue for his life.

If its a senior listed player then my view is that the player should not be available for selection again in 2012.
    Unless there is a far bigger issue to this I think it's just unfair on other players not to name the player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

Or both?

I would hope that they don't publicly name the player, especially given the number of rumours that have circulated about other AFL players in the past without names, but I just get the feeling that the media won't care, and will name him anyway.

I'm sure there will be a statement of some sort by the end of the day. Big test for those who think the club doesn't do enough for it's players...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I would hope that they don't publicly name the player, especially given the number of rumours that have circulated about other AFL players in the past without names, but I just get the feeling that the media won't care, and will name him anyway.

I'm sure there will be a statement of some sort by the end of the day. Big test for those who think the club doesn't do enough for it's players...
    The players name is already out there jazza. It would have been better for the club and the player in question to come forward before the media got a hold of it. Rarely situations like this are squashed now days.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs player quizzed over drug offences

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bu...806-23pda.html

Bulldogs player quizzed over drug offences

Date
    August 6, 2012 - 1:11PM

378 reading now
    Megan Levy

A young Western Bulldogs player is believed to have been interviewed by police after he was found unconscious in a Melbourne street in the wake of the club's weekend loss to North Melbourne.

The player is believed to have been questioned over drug offences after he collapsed on King Street about 3.30am yesterday.

A police spokeswoman said officers found a 20-year-old Essendon North man lying on a footpath. He was believed to be dropping in and out of consciousness.

The spokeswoman said the man regained consciousness and was taken home by a family member.
    Advertisement

"Police have interviewed the man in relation to alleged drug offences and he has been placed on a diversion program," the spokeswoman said.

The Western Bulldogs reportedly were made aware of the incident yesterday morning.

The club has been contacted for comment.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they can avoid publicly naming him, but Im not sure that trotting out a kid to a press conference for this, in the same way Minson handled his early season indiscretions is particularly appropriate

Post Thanks / Like

Most details are now leaked/known - going to be a very interesting week
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Too late re naming the player in public.

Hopefully its a one off incident of a young bloke getting a bit too excited, and not a deeper underlying issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett has named him on Twitter...