PDA

View Full Version : Eade on Fev

Sockeye Salmon
07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Last night on the Rocket and Robbo show on SEN, Eade was asked "would you trade your first pick for Fevola?"

"No. I very much doubt that"

This is a good thing.

aker39
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
The other thing that he said last night, was that he did not go to Mad Monday. He said that he had been last 2 years, but not this year.

I'm am not happy about this. It's ok to go out when things are going well, but when things get a bit tough, he doesn's show up.

I don't expect him to spend all day with the players, but he should have at least turned up for a couple of beers and then left the boys to party on.

Disappointing!!!!!!!

Go_Dogs
07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I actually think it's not a bad move to let the players unwind without the presence of their coaching staff. I'm sure they didn't mind.

Thanks for posting that Scooter. Agree that it's very good news. We need to keep that pick.

Go_Dogs
07-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I guess the question this then raises, considering we have apparently spoken to Fev, what would we be prepared to offer?

The Underdog
07-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I guess the question this then raises, considering we have apparently spoken to Fev, what would we be prepared to offer?

Ch 7 news last night reported that Ratten had told Fevola he would always be a Carlton player while he was coach.

Looks like Fev's out of reach for the next year and 13 rounds...

GVGjr
07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Ch 7 news last night reported that Ratten had told Fevola he would always be a Carlton player while he was coach.

Looks like Fev's out of reach for the next year and 13 rounds...

:) It would have been an interesting ride to try and land Fev but in some ways I'm happy that he isn't coming.
Eade mentioning that they wouldn't trade the first pick seems to be the right decision but there is a chance we would use that pick in the manner that SS has floated.

The Underdog
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
:) It would have been an interesting ride to try and land Fev but in some ways I'm happy that he isn't coming.
Eade mentioning that they wouldn't trade the first pick seems to be the right decision but there is a chance we would use that pick in the manner that SS has floated.

It's got a romantic "save our problems with one trade" feel about it.But the truth is our problems go a bit deeper than just needing Fev. I think we need to be sensible, while trading fairly aggressively. It would be great to hold onto pick 5 or at least have a first round pick. I'm kind of glad all the Fev speculation can stop here...

bulldogtragic
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I'd be stoked if we got Wood and Murphy.

If McMahon goes and we can get a late first rounder - That should hopefully get Wood. Not sure what Freo would want for Murphy.

I can't see too many players screaming to 'go home' or our fringe players getting anything of value. I'd love to get a hard nut mid-fielder but i cant see us spending that big.

I dont like Daniel Chick, but would he be worth a one year deal?

LostDoggy
07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
no to murphy and chick.....he cant get a kick playing third tall forward at freo...just take 5 kids and plan (hopefully) to be in the gf 2011

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Last night on the Rocket and Robbo show on SEN, Eade was asked "would you trade your first pick for Fevola?"

"No. I very much doubt that"

This is a good thing.

But he could very well offer next years 1st round pick..... this year teams are able to trade futur year picks as well I believe.
Whilst it is a moot point considering Fevola will in all likelihood probably stay at Carlscum, it does perhaps mean that we could keep this years 1st round pick but perhaps consider parlaying a future 1st round pick if there was someone we were after.

DOG GOD
07-09-2007, 06:36 PM
this year teams are able to trade futur year picks as well I believe.

whats this Yankee?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
whats this Yankee?

I was almost certain that clubs could for the first time this year offer up future year picks in trades. ie instead of offering a 1st round pick from 2007 draft, we could offer up a 2008 1st round pick.

LostDoggy
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm glad we won't be trading our first draft pick for Fevola, well, I don't want to trade anything for Fevola, but surely Carlton don't need another first rounder...how many do they want!?

We need to use that pick to find a player of our own, I don't want our team to become overtaken by traded players.

DOG GOD
07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I was almost certain that clubs could for the first time this year offer up future year picks in trades. ie instead of offering a 1st round pick from 2007 draft, we could offer up a 2008 1st round pick.

mmm...very interesting to hear that, not sure whether it would be good to look that far into the future and trade away a 1st round pick from next year, considering if we finished last we would have pick 1.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2007, 09:07 PM
mmm...very interesting to hear that, not sure whether it would be good to look that far into the future and trade away a 1st round pick from next year, considering if we finished last we would have pick 1.

Agree it's a gamble. Probably wouldn't happen, for this very reason. However it may help get a trade over the line if we were to throw in a future 2nd round pick to ice a deal.

Sockeye Salmon
08-09-2007, 12:24 AM
But he could very well offer next years 1st round pick..... this year teams are able to trade futur year picks as well I believe.
Whilst it is a moot point considering Fevola will in all likelihood probably stay at Carlscum, it does perhaps mean that we could keep this years 1st round pick but perhaps consider parlaying a future 1st round pick if there was someone we were after.

???
I haven't heard anything about this.

Go_Dogs
08-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I was pretty sure I read something along those lines to re: trading future picks. Not sure if it has come into effect this season or not though? I know it was definitely in the plans going forward though.

Twodogs
08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
???
I haven't heard anything about this.

There was talk about it and I'm fairly sure they bought it in after the last trade period to make the week a bit sexier. Werent enough trades being done apparantly.

DOG GOD
08-09-2007, 10:02 PM
trade week is too long. nothing happens in the first 3 days at least. It should be 3 days with the cutoff at 5pm friday.

MrMahatma
14-09-2007, 02:36 AM
You can't forward trade picks. There was talk about it after last year, but it hasn't been brought in... and I hope it never is. There will again come a day when we have a coach desperate to save himself and who sees a Jade Rawlings type deal as something that will save his skin. A desperate man with a couple of first round picks at his disposal is asking for long term pain.

Sockeye Salmon
14-09-2007, 10:04 AM
You can't forward trade picks. There was talk about it after last year, but it hasn't been brought in... and I hope it never is. There will again come a day when we have a coach desperate to save himself and who sees a Jade Rawlings type deal as something that will save his skin. A desperate man with a couple of first round picks at his disposal is asking for long term pain.

True that.