Update on this year's count after Round 16

Boyd 93
Griffen 85
Murphy 83
Morris 76
Ward 65
Gia 55
Picken 54

Callan Ward has just collected The Bruce Wilkinson Award.

AndrewP6
07-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Update on this year's count after Round 16

????

EDIT: The best player as voted by the trainers.

comrade
07-10-2011, 10:50 PM

For what?

Remi Moses
07-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Wasn't Bruce a life long LOYAL trainer?
When's he get his Nathan Brown award?

ledge
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Whats the reaction been to Ward?

Doc26
07-10-2011, 11:05 PM
For what?

It's awarded by the trainers.

Whats the reaction been to Ward?

Very respectful with claps and cheers. He wouldn't feel out of place.

Dahlhaus is undoubtedly the crowd favorite. Just been awarded WB Goal of the Year.
Said he wants to work his way into our midfield.

comrade
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Very respectful with claps and cheers. He wouldn't feel out of place.

Bloody hell, we're a nice bunch down at the Kennel. It's like we almost feel sorry for him that he was offered so much money.

Desipura
07-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Bloody hell, we're a nice bunch down at the Kennel. It's like we almost feel sorry for him that he was offered so much money.

That's pathetic if you ask me. We need to stop being the nice guys.

ledge
07-10-2011, 11:12 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if his contract said he comes back to us at the end of it.

Doc26
07-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Update on this year's count after Round 20

Boyd 107
Murphy 103
Griffen 85
Morris 79
Ward 76

Best first year player, Tom Liberatore.

Desipura
07-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if his contract said he comes back to us at the end of it.

You must believe in Santa as well?

Greystache
07-10-2011, 11:20 PM

We're like the uncool kid with low self-esteem, if we're really nice and supportive to our ex-girlfriend that ran off with the tosser with a Ferrari, maybe, just maybe, some day if it doesn't work out she may come back to us.

LostDoggy
07-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Liam Jones wins most improved. Very happy with that, mainly because it means Ward didn't. Would have been a disgrace to Libba' name

Remi Moses
07-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Pathetic really. No disrespect to those who attend but most there are star worshippers and apologists. Funny How Scully and Davis gave the B+F a wide berth, yet we have Ward at ours!:eek: Go Figure

Doc26
07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Barry, in his farewell speech, declared categorically that he is not going to GWS.
He knocked them back.

KT31
07-10-2011, 11:38 PM
You must believe in Santa as well?

What are you saying ??:eek:

KT31
07-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Barry, in his farewell speech, declared categorically that he is not going to GWS.
He knocked them back.

Great to hear and I think a few Woofers may owe him an apology.

Raw Toast
07-10-2011, 11:42 PM
He knocked them back.

I bet that got the crowd roaring!

Much as I hated Ward playing that last game, I actually don't mind him at the b&f so much. Tis strange what the world of football does to us...

Doc26
07-10-2011, 11:49 PM
2011 Charles Sutton winner is Matthew Boyd.

LostDoggy
07-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Well done Boyd great year but would have loved for Bob to get up

KT31
07-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Well done to Matty.
Really deserved.
Great leader, All Australian and now Best and Fairest.

Remi Moses
07-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I bet that got the crowd roaring!

Much as I hated Ward playing that last game, I actually don't mind him at the b&f so much. Tis strange what the world of football does to us...

I'd have no problem him being there as obviously it's a retrospective night of the season just gone.But I Bet Eade, Williams, Dean weren't there!Sacked by our club just as Ward Sacked our club!!

ledge
08-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I'd have no problem him being there as obviously it's a retrospective night of the season just gone.But I Bet Eade, Williams, Dean weren't there!Sacked by our club just as Ward Sacked our club!!

Technically none of those were sacked, Dean and Eade didnt have contract renewed and Williams left for another job.

Also Ward served his contract and left, so none of your statement is true

GVGjr
08-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Can't we focus on the positives of the night rather than the bitterness towards Ward?
Lets talk about Boyd and Libertore etc rather than Ward.

Doc26
08-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Final results.

1. Boyd 140
2. Murphy 130
3. Griffen 99
4. Ward 84
5. Morris 81
6. Cross 74

Doc26
08-10-2011, 12:19 AM
On the positive, Dale Morris, who won Best Team Player, said in his speech that he is intending to start running by Christmas. He is still on crutches.

ledge
08-10-2011, 12:31 AM
On the positive, Dale Morris, who won Best Team Player, said in his speech that he is intending to start running by Christmas. He is still on crutches.

A lot of chafing under the armpits if thats the case:D

Seriously no wonder the guys a freak.

jeemak
08-10-2011, 12:54 AM
A lot of chafing under the armpits if thats the case:D

Seriously no wonder the guys a freak.

Luckily for him he's a footballer! He'll pretty much get paid to hobble from the couch to the car, from the car to the gym to do aerobic arm work and then the same in reverse. Broken legs are never fun, but if I had to choose a profession in which to endure one AFL footballer would be pretty high on my list. :)

jazzadogs
08-10-2011, 01:34 AM
He knocked them back.
Also declared that the three things he won't miss about footy are ice baths, Lindsay Gilber's darts (and the occasional follow-through) and the smell of cream that the People's Beard used for his testicular rash. Certainly didn't expect that.

Had a great night. BMac and Boydy both spoke of the culture they look forward to creating. BMac spoke of how he wants to make the club a place people want to come to, and stay at.

I wished Callan when I ran into him at the end. Whilst I am shattered that he is no longer a Bulldog, I greatly respect the way he plays his football, and I wish him all the best as a footballer. My brother and I actually play with one sock up and one sock down because of Cal (and the Beard), and I felt quite proud of our supporters for not booing him. As GvgJr said though, that wasn't what the night was about anyway.

I was hoping for a Bob Murphy victory which wasn't to be, but I was mightily impressed with the way both he and Boydy spoke. As well as Crossy, Dale and Mitch Hahn. To hear these blokes talk about the club I love in a way that shows how much they also love the club, makes me very happy that they are leading us.

Congratulations to Boydy, and bring on 2012.

Remi Moses
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Can't we focus on the positives of the night rather than the bitterness towards Ward?
Lets talk about Boyd and Libertore etc rather than Ward.

Thoroughly deserved by Boyd! My parting words are you wouldn't find successful teams with a decent culture so accomodating.

The Underdog
08-10-2011, 07:12 AM
We're like the uncool kid with low self-esteem, if we're really nice and supportive to our ex-girlfriend that ran off with the tosser with a Ferrari, maybe, just maybe, some day if it doesn't work out she may come back to us.

In the movies where this happened the kid with low self-esteem always ended up with a better girl anyway.

Well done to Boydy and Libba. Wish Murph had of pulled through to win but great season by him anyway.

To anyone who went any word on assistant coach and list manager appointments?

Desipura
08-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Good analogy.

ledge
08-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Also declared that the three things he won't miss about footy are ice baths, Lindsay Gilber's darts (and the occasional follow-through) and the smell of cream that the People's Beard used for his testicular rash. Certainly didn't expect that.

Had a great night. BMac and Boydy both spoke of the culture they look forward to creating. BMac spoke of how he wants to make the club a place people want to come to, and stay at.

I wished Callan when I ran into him at the end. Whilst I am shattered that he is no longer a Bulldog, I greatly respect the way he plays his football, and I wish him all the best as a footballer. My brother and I actually play with one sock up and one sock down because of Cal (and the Beard), and I felt quite proud of our supporters for not booing him. As GvgJr said though, that wasn't what the night was about anyway.

I was hoping for a Bob Murphy victory which wasn't to be, but I was mightily impressed with the way both he and Boydy spoke. As well as Crossy, Dale and Mitch Hahn. To hear these blokes talk about the club I love in a way that shows how much they also love the club, makes me very happy that they are leading us.

Congratulations to Boydy, and bring on 2012.

How did Macca come across as a person and speaker?

KT31
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM
I wished Callan when I ran into him at the end.

Hoping it was with your car.;)

My brother and I actually play with one sock up and one sock down because of Cal (and the Beard),.

Do you use the same rash cream that the People's Beard use's. :D

I felt quite proud of our supporters for not booing him.

Agree with not booing, but not sure I would have wished him luck.:(

LostDoggy
08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Well done Boydy! Now to contain myself from making spiteful comments about Ward...
HAHAHAHAh at Bazzas speech. And I feel relieved he knocked back GWS. Suck it, Sheedy.

Go_Dogs
08-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Well done to Boydy.

Surprised Griff didn't poll more votes, I know he had a quiet patch, but his year was very good.

Thanks for all the reports.

G-Mo77
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Well done Boydy. If half our players had your heart and determination we'd be a lot better off.

Happy to see Bob up there as well.

SlimPickens
08-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Great to see Libba get some recognition for the year he had, thought he was very stiff to miss out on a rising star nomination.

Boyd well deserved, would have loved to see Bobby win it but both had very good years.

jazzadogs
08-10-2011, 12:21 PM
How did Macca come across as a person and speaker?
He was very relaxed when addressing the room. From his first press conference, I had expected an ultra-professional kind of display, but he was attempting to crack jokes, smiling and laughing. When talking about his plans he was serious though, and came across well.

Mentioned that they had a team meeting this morning, said something about Clipper ringing a bell to get things started. No idea what he was talking about.

Re: Callan, as i said I respect him as a footballer and therefore hope that he personally does well. I hope GWS continue to be the giant turd that we expect them to be.

All the boys seemed genuinely enthused about having BMac on board. He spoke of playing an attractive brand of football that is hard to play against.

I was hoping to speak to him at some stage, but he's a fairly generic.looking guy so I didn't spot him out.

It was stated that there would be more coaching appointments soon, nothing more specific than that.

ledge
08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
He was very relaxed when addressing the room. From his first press conference, I had expected an ultra-professional kind of display, but he was attempting to crack jokes, smiling and laughing. When talking about his plans he was serious though, and came across well.

Mentioned that they had a team meeting this morning, said something about Clipper ringing a bell to get things started. No idea what he was talking about.

Re: Callan, as i said I respect him as a footballer and therefore hope that he personally does well. I hope GWS continue to be the giant turd that we expect them to be.

All the boys seemed genuinely enthused about having BMac on board. He spoke of playing an attractive brand of football that is hard to play against.

I was hoping to speak to him at some stage, but he's a fairly generic.looking guy so I didn't spot him out.

It was stated that there would be more coaching appointments soon, nothing more specific than that.

For years I believe they had a bell someone rang to start training, it was written up a couple of years ago it didnt need to be used anymore, must be bringing it back or jokingly said he would.

Doc26
08-10-2011, 01:19 PM

"Clipper" was a reference to Mark Kimpton, WB Team Manager. Unfortunately the Coach stuffed up / misinterpreted his nickname a number of times through his speach which became a bit of a joke with the players and his colleagues as the night went on. His nickname is actually "Klippo" although I would imagine it's "Clipper" from this point on :).

Was fortunate enough to have a chat with Brendan. He's engaging with a no BS approach, that is, he doesn't mix his words and is reasonably open with his opinions. I get the impression he wont play any favourites and will only value those who are prepared to work their butts off, who equally are the real deal in their values and work ethic. I'm suspecting he will bring a hard edge, no nonsense approach.

ledge
08-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Was fortunate enough to have a chat with Brendan. He's engaging with a no BS approach, that is, he doesn't mix his words and is reasonably open with his opinions. I get the impression he wont play any favourites and will only value those who are prepared to work their butts off, who equally are the real deal in their values and work ethic. I'm suspecting he will bring a hard edge, no nonsense approach.[/QUOTE]

Did you fill him in on his WOOF contract?

bulldogsman
08-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Well done Boydy, well deserved :)

Doc26
08-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Did you fill him in on his WOOF contract?

Not yet. His nose was scaring the bejesus out of me.

On another point. Garlick mentioned that another phase of 'Bulldoze the Debt' will soon be launched. Apparently they will be selling off seats in the 'Whitten Stand'. He said to stay tuned.

Oh and one for the conspiracy theorists. Cal Ward and Sam Reid sat next to each other on the night.:cool:

Prince Imperial
08-10-2011, 09:17 PM
On another point. Garlick mentioned that another phase of 'Bulldoze the Debt' will soon be launched. Apparently they will be selling off seats in the 'Whitten Stand'. He said to stay tuned.

They've been doing that for a few months so I'm not sure how it's a new phase???

ledge
09-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Not yet. His nose was scaring the bejesus out of me.

:

Pinnochinose??
If it was growing while he was talking I am worried

Doc26
09-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Pinnochinose??
If it was growing while he was talking I am worried

Ledge, not so much Pinnochinose, more Witchy Poonose ;)

Jokes aside, my first impression has him rated him highly. Now hopefully this can translate to on field success over the next 3 years.