PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Memorabilia

Rocket Science
09-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Fellow WOOFers,

Gary's kindly permitted me to mention this via the forum for which I'm grateful.

In short, I'm relieving myself of numerous items of Bulldogs memorabilia, collected over many years, that I'd like to find good homes for.

Some what's available is reasonably unique, some of it more modest, including jumpers, membership medallions & tickets, badges, posters, football cards, Bulldogs publications and numerous other oddball items, some of which have been acquired directly from the club itself.

I won't set about spruiking anything here but those with a potential interest in such paraphernalia are welcome to PM me to investigate further. I'm still doing a quick inventory, including pics, but happy to chat to anyone interested about what's there.

I've also got a few of these things recently listed for auction on a well known site who deal in such things. Here's (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/scrays54/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562) a link to what's currently available, with more to follow.

Ta muchly.

ledge
09-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Did you contact the club on these items they are setting up a museum of sorts.

Rocket Science
09-10-2011, 08:17 PM
An interesting thought but to be frank I'm not sure how much of what's there is really 'museum' worthy compared to the sort of stuff I imagine they'd have access to themselves.

It's a relatively modest sampling of fan-collected bits and pieces which might of be interest to other fans or collectors but I suspect would illicit a polite chuckle from the club themselves.

strebla
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Love the lockers a bit out of my range at the moment though.

LostDoggy
12-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice couple of items there. Trying to work out where I could put the lockers?.

I see you have some Geelong Memorabilla for sale too ;), Does the handbag come with any signatures?

Twodogs
12-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I love those clock radios that keep you awake by clicking every minute.

Is the red, white and blue hand (first item) made out of plaster or inflatable? It's a bit hard to tell looking at the photo.

Rocket Science
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Nice couple of items there. Trying to work out where I could put the lockers?.

...which is sadly my issue, a recent move means no room for them and the tough decision to make them available to someone who does.

I see you have some Geelong Memorabilla for sale too ;), Does the handbag come with any signatures?

Indeed. If be happy for our blokes to similarly accessorise if the bags came with bling like a big silver cup.

I love those clock radios that keep you awake by clicking every minute.

Know what you mean, but that one runs dead silently.

Is the red, white and blue hand (first item) made out of plaster or inflatable? It's a bit hard to tell looking at the photo.

It's inflatable fortunately. Recall it getting a flogging at a certain 06 final versus the Pies which might've been rather more interesting had it been a plaster object.

jazzadogs
17-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Ricky Nixon tweeted a link to this site (http://aflmemorabilia.blogspot.com/) today. Said he needs to clean out his warehouse, which I read as he needs some money.

Some decent items on there, but all fairly expensive.

LostDoggy
17-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Geez, there's also some over priced crap.

jazzadogs
17-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Geez, there's also some over priced crap.
Yeh. I should have mentioned that. Think it was $1500 for a signed and framed Ricky Nixon jumper. Woohoo.

AndrewP6
17-10-2011, 08:18 PM
$2750 for a painting of The Diver, that one of my students could do better. Would baulk at that even for charity. I pity the clown that bought it. Possibly named "N.Riewoldt"

Sockeye Salmon
17-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeh. I should have mentioned that. Think it was $1500 for a signed and framed Ricky Nixon jumper. Woohoo.

$1,250 for a Ricky Nixon autographed Golden Square jumper! :eek: