PDA

View Full Version : Mifsud Gone?

The Doctor
08-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Heard on SEN, courtesy of Doug Hawkins, that as part of the review all assistant coaches have been interviewed. Apparantly Mifsud has departed.

Anyone know any goss?

GVGjr
08-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Heard on SEN, courtesy of Doug Hawkins, that as part of the review all assistant coaches have been interviewed. Apparantly Mifsud has departed.

Anyone know any goss?

I didn't hear it at all and can only really mention that Eade rated him highly when he talked about him at a Werribee function several weeks ago. That being said, in my opinion it was probably a non essential role that he was fulfilling.
Our footy department structure needs a bit of a rethink and perhaps Mifsud might be one of three or more changes.

Go_Dogs
09-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I had liked what I'd seen of Mifsud this season, and thought he had done a reasonable job settling in a few of the younger draftees etc.

I think we need quite a big re-shuffle in the coaching/football department, and we'll probably see that over the next month or 2.

At this stage, Mifsud is the only fall out from the meeting?

FrediKanoute
11-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I had liked what I'd seen of Mifsud this season, and thought he had done a reasonable job settling in a few of the younger draftees etc.

I think we need quite a big re-shuffle in the coaching/football department, and we'll probably see that over the next month or 2.

At this stage, Mifsud is the only fall out from the meeting?

Hmmmm.....have cocnerns on this one. If the best they can do is sack the development coach who has been at the club for a season then I odn't have a lot of confidence in the review. When he came on board Eade talked him and the role up as being something essential that the club needed to assist with bedding new players into the club and ensuring that they progressed. I recall somethign on BF arising from a Selectors Panel night that he had done a lot or work with the indiginous guys in helping them settle in Melbourne.

What it says to me is that there is a disagreement in philosophy between Eade and the Board - not a good thing which can, if left to fester have an adverse impact on performances.

LostDoggy
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
When is the review of the fitness and conditioning staff due to take place

aker39
12-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Reprted in the Herald Sun today that he has left the club to take up a position with the AFL to work with indiginous players.

FrediKanoute
13-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Reprted in the Herald Sun today that he has left the club to take up a position with the AFL to work with indiginous players.

That a b*mmer then! Second of our support staff in the last 2 seasons to be poached by sporting governing bodies.....Says something about the quality of staff we are recruiting I suppose.....just need to hang onto them.

Raw Toast
15-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm not happy about losing Misfud and wondering which assistant coaches people think we should look at.

I see Shaun Rhen has left Brisbane, what's his reputation as a coach like? Probably wouldn't hurt to have some extra tuition available for our rucks either.

southerncross
15-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not happy about losing Misfud and wondering which assistant coaches people think we should look at.

I see Shaun Rhen has left Brisbane, what's his reputation as a coach like? Probably wouldn't hurt to have some extra tuition available for our rucks either.

Shaun Rehn would be a good pick up for us. He works well with the younger players plus as you say he could add a lot of value to our ruckman.

Bulldog Revolution
15-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Shaun Rehn would be a good pick up for us. He works well with the younger players plus as you say he could add a lot of value to our ruckman.

I was impressed with everything I saw and heard about Mifsud, seemed to do a good job settling the recruits and the preseason camp to warnambool seemed a positive initiative

Rehn coached West Adelaide when Cooney, Beau Waters and Shane Tuck were drafted

Interesting that Brisbane have again moved on an outsider as an assistant coach, and opted to hire Chris Johnson. Last year they flicked Daryn Creswell.

southerncross
16-09-2007, 08:19 AM
I was impressed with everything I saw and heard about Mifsud, seemed to do a good job settling the recruits and the preseason camp to warnambool seemed a positive initiative

Rehn coached West Adelaide when Cooney, Beau Waters and Shane Tuck were drafted

Interesting that Brisbane have again moved on an outsider as an assistant coach, and opted to hire Chris Johnson. Last year they flicked Daryn Creswell.

Did Creswell want to come home for family reasons though or did they flick him?

Sockeye Salmon
16-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Did Creswell want to come home for family reasons though or did they flick him?

Not only did they give him the flick but they gave the impression that he was up to something very dodgy as well.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was all about except Cresswell is not welcome back (Cresswell was accused of a Carey-ism when he was an assistant at Geelong, might have been something like that?)

Twodogs
16-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Not only did they give him the flick but they gave the impression that he was up to something very dodgy as well.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was all about except Cresswell is not welcome back (Cresswell was accused of a Carey-ism when he was an assistant at Geelong, might have been something like that?)

The accusation was rape. I'm not saying in any way that he was guilty, but that was the accusation.

Bulldog Revolution
17-09-2007, 10:35 AM
The accusation was rape. I'm not saying in any way that he was guilty, but that was the accusation.

Further to that the impression Brisbane gave was that he was a divisive force behind the scenes