PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall to Deer Park??

ledge
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Heard rumours lately about some of our retired players playing in the WRFL.
Hahn and Hall to Deer Park
Mooney I think to Albion.
Thought this might make a good thread to let people know where favourite players after AFL were going
And any comfirmations.

hotdog
01-11-2011, 05:43 PM
If Bazza was to end up at DP I would be very very suprised. Anyway if he did he would kick 300 goals in the WRFL!

Greystache
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Hahn is a coach at Collingwood this year, prior to that he'd signed on to coach Darley before backing out. So I don't think this rumour has any truth to it.

ledge
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Hahn is a coach at Collingwood this year, prior to that he'd signed on to coach Darley before backing out. So I don't think this rumour has any truth to it.

Yeah I read that to Greystache, just wanted to put some rumours I heard and when or if they were true.
The Hall one has been gathering momentum.
If anyones heard of any other retired favourite players playing anywhere please post.

LostDoggy
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Give it 100 to 1. Maybe as a guest player in short stint but I doubt he'll train.

dog town
02-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Hahn was certainly on his way to Darley prior to getting his coaching role.

The local footy rumor mill goes into meltdown at this time of year. Sounds like Airport West will have 4 or 5 ex AFL players in its side. Teams budgets have just escalated to the point where it is now becoming almost its own industry. Some strong teams wont get much change out of $500,000 and even weaker teams in weaker leagues are now having to pay around $100,000 just to compete. Scary stuff.

Did hear the Barry Hall to Deer Park innuendo. The Mooney to Albion one has been doing the rounds as well.

KT31
02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Hahn was certainly on his way to Darley prior to getting his coaching role.

The local footy rumor mill goes into meltdown at this time of year. Sounds like Airport West will have 4 or 5 ex AFL players in its side. Teams budgets have just escalated to the point where it is now becoming almost its own industry. Some strong teams wont get much change out of $500,000 and even weaker teams in weaker leagues are now having to pay around $100,000 just to compete. Scary stuff.

Did hear the Barry Hall to Deer Park innuendo. The Mooney to Albion one has been doing the rounds as well.

That is a lot of Grannies at Bingo.
How can clubs raise these funds ?
I understand a few have pokies but the rest ?
As has happened in the past I hope clubs are now smart enough to realise that the junior footballers are their future and don't take their funds.

Swoop
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I can't recall exactly who I read it from but it was tweeted last week from a journalist stating that the Barry Hall to Deep Park rumour is purely speculation and there doesn't appear to be any truth in it.

Edit. It was Sam Edmund

chef
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I can't recall exactly who I read it from but it was tweeted last week from a journalist stating that the Barry Hall to Deep Park rumour is purely speculation and there doesn't appear to be any truth in it.

Edit. It was Sam Edmund

Pretty sure he said(on the footy show during the finals) he was already in training for a few fights next year.

Ghost Dog
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Pretty sure he said(on the footy show during the finals) he was already in training for a few fights next year.

That I would pay to see. Would be sensational to watch Barry unleash those bulging guns and not have to bite my nails over the tribunal.

Remi Moses
03-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Gosh imagine the sleepless nights the Full Backs in the WRFL would have.
Tipping a few would give the General Soreness a workout.:eek:

ledge
03-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Backing it would be the CHBs , on those smaller grounds you would have him at CHF

GetDimmaBack
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM

Maybe I'm a sadist, but I got a good laugh out of that one! :D

KT31
04-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Maybe I'm a sadist, but I got a good laugh out of that one! :D

Or a forward.:D

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 01:57 PM
If you had Hahn and Hall in the same forwardline down at local level we would be getting 30 goal blowouts weekly.

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
This thread title amuses me everytime I see it.

I am expecting another soon along the lines of : Queen abdicates in favour of becoming Mayor of Maribyrnong!!!

ledge
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM

I am expecting another soon along the lines of : Queen abdicates in favour of becoming Mayor of Maribyrnong!!!

Who knows what could happen Howard was prime minister for years:D

LostDoggy
10-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Who knows what could happen Howard was prime minister for years:D

So is Joolya.

LostDoggy
27-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes Hahn was an inch away from coaching Darley

But isnt there a rule if you get rubbed out for over 16 matches in your career, you cant play local footy?

Remi Moses
27-11-2011, 10:34 PM

Why not. She is queen of Australia:eek:
How you could have a foreigner as head of state? Anyway I digress

Greystache
27-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Yes Hahn was an inch away from coaching Darley

But isnt there a rule if you get rubbed out for over 16 matches in your career, you cant play local footy?

Generally they don't count AFL suspension given how strict the tribunal is. You'd get 2 weeks in local Footy for something that will get you 8 weeks in the AFL.