PDA

View Full Version : Red Away Jumper.

chef
08-11-2011, 08:57 AM
http://www.kooga.com.au/retailcatalogue/

Be the looks of here we will have a blue home, white clash and red away guernsey.

hotdog
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I would be a big fan of this if true. Matched with black or would be a good look IMO.

The Coon Dog
08-11-2011, 09:32 AM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/untitled-21.jpg

bornadog
08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
If this is true, once again the fans have not been communicated to?

KT31
08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Not a big rap for the Red jumper.

Bulldog Revolution
08-11-2011, 10:47 AM
The red jumper could be magnificent, a homage to the 70s, will be very interesting to see what it looks like on the ground

LostDoggy
08-11-2011, 11:53 AM
The red jumper could be magnificent, a homage to the 70s, will be very interesting to see what it looks like on the ground

Why?
We wore red shorts and socks in 70s but I think the last we wore a red top would be probably over 100 years ago.

BTW I'm a fan, they are still our colours.

Cyberdoggie
08-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Fantastic idea, preferably if they wear the blue shorts with it,
but all i can say is it's about bloody time.

That white jumper looks awful on the players, although they have made a good
amendment of putting blue piping across the edges of the shoulder holes (not shown on the picture), so as to soften the all white look.
AFL footballers don't wear the uniform well, jumpers out socks down loose clothing and there is a lot of skin showing. So if your wearing mostly white it just looks like your wearing your underwear with footy boots.

The Pie Man
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Forgive me for this potentially being a really dumb question, but does 'Away' mean we'd wear it when the away side even if there's no clash?

Also interested in when the red would clash with another side when playing as the away side....(thinking GC/Syd/Mel/Ade/Ess)

I don't mind the red, it's a stronger look than the white. I love the look of the old red sash jumper, but I don't believe that was too popular with the WOOFers

Cyberdoggie
08-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I just had a look at Richmond's Kooga gear and their NAB cup guernsey is a shocker.

It's got a giant paddle pop tiger on it (their new tiger emblem), it pretty much takes up the entire front of the guernsey, along with some swooshy yellow and grey patterns.

Brisbane's is very slightly different, mostl the same but still awful. (Paddle pop lion is still there)

jazzadogs
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
If this is true, once again the fans have not been communicated to?
I think when we complain about the fans not being communicated to, we need to remember that a lot of this change was driven by the members, so at least they are listening.

I do agree that in this case it's quite poor. Surely they would have known that they were going to have a red jumper when they announced the changes at the B&F? I do like the jumper though.

mjp
08-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I love the Red.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
The red looks great - sets us apart.

Absolutely love our home and away jumpers.

I'll probably get both.

1eyedog
08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Not sold on the red, prefer the white. I don't like the combination of the blue and the red on the red jumper. The red washes the blue out. What's wrong with a blue home jumper and the white away/clash strip?

Scraggers
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Can't stand the red jumper ... its horrible and not required.

The blue jumper with hoops is brilliant ... that'll do pig, that'll do !!

EasternWest
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM

I dig it too, though it may have a short lifespan.

The Coon Dog
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I don't mind the red, particularly against North.

divvydan
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I notice there are no shorts listed with the red top. Just a case of them not being available or would people expect the blue or white shorts to be worn with the red top if it is in fact going to be used?

The Bulldogs Bite
08-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I liked the black shorts we wore a few years ago.

Happy Days
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
The red is swag, think that it's the best looking colour on any footy jumper.

bornadog
08-11-2011, 03:51 PM
The red is swag, think that it's the best looking colour on any footy jumper.

Blue looks pretty good;)

Remi Moses
08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Like the red against Norf and Geelong.

The Pie Man
08-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Forgive me for this potentially being a really dumb question, but does 'Away' mean we'd wear it when the away side even if there's no clash?

Anyone want to take a stab at the above? I have no idea

bornadog
08-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Anyone want to take a stab at the above? I have no idea

Ok, if there is a clash and we are the away team, we have to wear the clash jumper

Sockeye Salmon
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Hate the red, love the white

GVGjr
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM

Of course I'm the opposite.

chef
08-11-2011, 06:20 PM

I like them all.

AndrewP6
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Saw this on a FB fan page... absolutely horrible. As the great Ted Bullpitt once said "Hate, hate, hate...VOMIT".

No matter how I look at it, it's awful.

DragzLS1
08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I love all the colours red white and blue in any form is good if u ask me ;)

Bulldog4life
08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
I like them all.

Ditto. All look good to me.

LostDoggy
08-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I like them all.

Same. To me they all look like Western Bulldog/Footscray and no one else.

Greystache
08-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I prefer the white over the red.

LostDoggy
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM

I agree.

The Pie Man
08-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Ok, if there is a clash and we are the away team, we have to wear the clash jumper

So do we wear the red 'away' jumper for all other away games, even if our home top wouldn't clash?

I'm confused

bornadog
08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
So do we wear the red 'away' jumper for all other away games, even if our home top wouldn't clash?

I'm confused

Yeah, it is confusing.

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm not a fan of the Red.
I like the white but we should only wear it when there is a clash with the blue.

Ghost Dog
09-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Red is different for sure and it will take some getting used to.
Still, once it's processed in the mind as 'bulldog' guess it could be ok.
Personally, never been able to get used to white but I'm sure the red will grow more quickly on me.
white, Just looks a bit non-competitive.
Red, Think Chicago Bulls, Manchester.

I guess, some elements of the human mind and colour psychology are set in stone - Color has measurable effect on the human system. Like, white is the color of peace, priests and is ok if everyone is wearing it ( cricket ) but never really struck me as a successful design on the field.

Also, memories of my mum with the nappy san and my cricket whites!
I remember once going past the western oval and seeing the washing machines churning away out the back, near the child care centre. The white must be that much more of a hassle for the club.

BulldogBelle
09-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Red looks great. Only bettered by black shorts to go with all three jumpers.

The Pie Man
09-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah, it is confusing.

What would clear it up is a touch of communication from the club.

Small whinge though - I personally like the red (over the white in any case)

I'm guessing they believe the 3rd jumper would generate more supporter $ in merch as well

bornadog
09-11-2011, 10:02 AM
What would clear it up is a touch of communication from the club.

Small whinge though - I personally like the red (over the white in any case)

I'm guessing they believe the 3rd jumper would generate more supporter $ in merch as well

and nothing wrong with that. I think its great to have the three jumpers. We can see from the posters here that some like white and others red.

The Pie Man
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
and nothing wrong with that. I think its great to have the three jumpers. We can see from the posters here that some like white and others red.

Agreed - much to the chagrin of my wife I'll probably get both the home & away tops...I'm just the kinda sucker targetted hey?

SonofScray
09-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't dislike the idea of having three jumpers where each of our tricolours in dominant. In my head it makes sense and could look really good, would look awesome in the crowd etc.

But, this one doesn't look too great. For whatever reason it doesn't look right to me. Mostly because the red washes out the blue,

White strip is still king in my book. It and the blue one really speak to me as Footscray jumpers. It really appeals to that identity and belonging the Bulldogs and not anyone else.

I'm not sure about the red one. Red reminds me of Melbourne, Essendon and St Kilda. They've all had similar strips that have mostly red at one point or another.

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure about the red one. Red reminds me of Melbourne, Essendon and St Kilda. They've all had similar strips that have mostly red at one point or another.

These teams all have red but it's hardily the dominating colour even on the alternate tops. I would say its closer to the swans than anyone else.

SonofScray
09-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Thats true with regards to their home kits, for sure. I'm more looking at their use of the colours for their away kits, Essendon's is predominately red, especially with the red shorts. Melbourne have generally gone with a red clash jumper.

St Kilda fair enough, they have either added stripes or gone for a white one similar to us.

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Thats true with regards to their home kits, for sure. I'm more looking at their use of the colours for their away kits, Essendon's is predominately red, especially with the red shorts. Melbourne have generally gone with a red clash jumper. St Kilda fair enough, they have either added stripes or gone for a white one similar to us.

I don't think so. Just because the sash is wider its still has more(as much) black than red. Their fans would cry is was anymore red.

Murphy'sLore
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
The red jumper is closer to the Suns than anyone else, isn't it? Can't say I'm a massive fan, I prefer the white jumper, but it doesn't hurt to mix things up a bit.

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 01:34 PM
The red jumper is closer to the Suns than anyone else, isn't it? Can't say I'm a massive fan, I prefer the white jumper, but it doesn't hurt to mix things up a bit.

Yes and the Swans

BornInDroopSt'54
09-11-2011, 01:45 PM
The red is great- bold and fiery, off set by the blue and white. Stick it up 'em doggies!

OLD SCRAGGer
09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Have just found out that the RED jumper is just a mistake from KOOGA, they mixed it up with the RED training jumper ... so we ONLY have the 2 jumpers..BLUE Home jumper & WHITE Clash jumper

Greystache
09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Have just found out that the RED jumper is just a mistake from KOOGA, they mixed it up with the RED training jumper ... so we ONLY have the 2 jumpers..BLUE Home jumper & WHITE Clash jumper

That's interesting. It looks like it would be worth keeping. Everyone likes the blue, but it seems a 50-50 split between the white and the red for people's preferred alternative strip. The 3 options offers something for everyone.

LostDoggy
09-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I just had a look at Richmond's Kooga gear and their NAB cup guernsey is a shocker.
)

Yeah and that Red version of it too - hideous :eek:

Sedat
09-11-2011, 05:08 PM
That's interesting. It looks like it would be worth keeping. Everyone likes the blue, but it seems a 50-50 split between the white and the red for people's preferred alternative strip. The 3 options offers something for everyone.
Agreed. All 3 strips are clean, contain only our club colours and manage the difficult feat of achieving uniformity and avoid clashing with other club's jumpers. I like them all.

LongWait
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
white, Just looks a bit non-competitive.
Red, Think Chicago Bulls, Manchester.

Red is the Chicago Bulls' away strip. White is their home strip.

GVGjr
09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I'd like to see the club give notice to the supporters which jumper we will be wearing on every game. I also hope we don't wear the clash jumper when we are the home side.

Ghost Dog
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah and that Red version of it too - hideous :eek:

Someone said it looked like the paddle pop tiger ^_^
I reckon it looks a bit pokimon-ish. Shocking jumper.
My bro is a tigers man and he loaths it.

LostDoggy
10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Really like the red. Pops better than the white. Don't mind the white, mind you.

LongWait
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Really like the red. Pops better than the white. Don't mind the white, mind you.

The red is our training jumper. The white is our clash jumper.

Cyberdoggie
11-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I'd like to see the club give notice to the supporters which jumper we will be wearing on every game. I also hope we don't wear the clash jumper when we are the home side.

I agree on the use of the clash jumper, should only be blue for ALL home games and the white or red only if the blue clashes with the home team we are playing.

Unfortunately the club has made a habit of wearing the alternate guernsey in big tv games etc, even when there is no clash and it's our home game. That i do not like.

I'm not too sure that they will see a need to communicate to the members what top they will be wearing from week to week.

LostDoggy
11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
The red is our training jumper. The white is our clash jumper.

Yeah, read that earlier in the thread, but wish that it was actually the away/clash jumper. I don't mind the white, but if we swapped the two (so that the white was the training jumper and red was the clash) I would be 2% happier. :)

Drunken Bum
11-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree on the use of the clash jumper, should only be blue for ALL home games and the white or red only if the blue clashes with the home team we are playing.

Unfortunately the club has made a habit of wearing the alternate guernsey in big tv games etc, even when there is no clash and it's our home game. That i do not like.

I'm not too sure that they will see a need to communicate to the members what top they will be wearing from week to week.

I would be happy for us be the first club to have a home and an away jumper.

I actually prefer the red jumper as the away jumper but that will clash on occasion and then we would have to use the white as a clash jumper which is probably a bit too much.

If we had the white as our away jumper it would be quite simple Blue for home, white for away, if anyone clashes with us when we are at home they wear their clash jumper.

Sick of hearing all these idiot filth and bummers fans whinging about having clash jumpers and the clubs doing it half arsed, i think we should be proactive and choose to have an away jumper, if we are going to have a clash jumper why not go the whole hog and use it at every away game?

GVGjr
11-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Lets assume that supporters will buy the different jumpers which is one of the reasons why we want to have 3. Surely if the fans knew in advance what jumper we would be wearing they would like to wear the same. I'd be pretty PO'd if I rocked up to a game wearing the blue jumper only to find that the club (probably via the AFL telling us what to wear) was actually playing in the white when I had a white jumper already at home?
Does it really need to be a secret?

It can't be that hard to make it crystal clear in advance to the supporters what jumper we will be wearing? We should know if we are the home side and we should know which teams we clash against. The problem is that the club doesn't want to admit to the fans that the AFL lead us around on this so it's better for them to just let it happen.

I wrote to the club a number of times about it and got very weak responses and a couple of no responses. As a result, I haven't purchased any club apparel for over 3 years and don't wear any club caps or polo's etc when I go.

The Pie Man
14-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Accidental research....or as an old boss would say, 'good luck, not good management.'

Weird. I hope they take note of some of the feedback, albeit from a market test not intended.

JohnGentStand
15-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Yuck!, red jumpers should be illegal
Vote for me. Make it happen!