Greystache
24-11-2011, 08:55 PM
http://afl.com.au/portals/0/2011/draft/pearce_246a.jpg

Former club:Oakleigh Chargers/Templestowe
DOB:22/01/1993
Height:181cm
Weight:76kg
Position:Forward

Player assessment- Athletic midfielder with terrific natural leap and marking ability. He can play in a range of positions and had an excellent year with the Chargers finishing 4th in the best and fairest. he has a basketball background with Bulleen Boomers, which has helped develop his decision-making and clean ball-handling.

stefoid
24-11-2011, 09:06 PM
quote "Pearce's disposal efficiency of 73 per cent over his 20 games has seen him attract some interest from AFL clubs."

kicked 42 goals in the TAC this year

Remi Moses
24-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Hopefully he's a little harder than the other Danyle Pierce

Bulldog Joe
24-11-2011, 09:41 PM

Well at least his given name is spelt in the more manly style.

Mofra
24-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm assuming McCartney has read the riot act to our recruiters in that regard.

Bulldog Revolution
24-11-2011, 10:41 PM
What do the more learned judges make of this selection?

Topdog
24-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Don't know anything about him but reading about him he sounds like something we need

chef
25-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Here's what Dalrymple said.......

'"He's from the Oakleigh Chargers, and he's a player we've really liked since halfway through the year. He's very versatile, can play small, back, inside mid, wing and forward, and he's got a really good vertical leap. He's one that flew under the radar in terms of the other high-profile Oakleigh boys and he's got a bit of rawness but his versatility and leap reminds me of a smaller version of Easton Wood"'

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/126471/default.aspx

bulldogsman
25-11-2011, 02:06 PM
What do the more learned judges make of this selection?

I like it.

He will take time to develop, still learning the game. Thought he would go in the rookie draft, but it's not surprising to see these kinds of players shoot up the rankings. The Easton Wood comparison is fair, he's very athletic.

divvydan
25-11-2011, 03:48 PM
A short video of Pearce is on the club's website http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/126559/default.aspx

The Coon Dog
25-11-2011, 05:04 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg858/scaled.php?tn=0&server=858&filename=ickhr.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Greystache
25-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow, he's really built like a kid. Hopefully that means he has a lot of upside.

Desipura
25-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow, he's really built like a kid. Hopefully that means he has a lot of upside.

His shoulder width indicate to me he can get a decent build on him.

Mantis
25-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Wonder what type of role he has been pencilled in for??

Have heard he is a Campbell Brown type... Fair comparison?

divvydan
25-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Will be interesting to see, listed as a forward although the vision shows him getting possessions all over the ground. I expect he'll be one of those players who will be tried out in a number of roles from hf to hb and whichever one he can make his own will be his role.

always right
25-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Look at the kid's shoulders and legs. He's going to be a powerful unit.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Watching the video and looking at the picture, he really does remind you of Wood. Similarily, Wood was very raw when he was drafted ... but because of his solid frame, he built up quickly and improved rapidly each season.

Pearce - if he puts in the effort - could develop very well physically.

boydogs
25-11-2011, 11:24 PM

I'd say more like Higgins or Johnson - outside mid/medium fwd with good disposal efficiency & overhead marking. Not comparing ability or potential, just player type.

KT31
26-11-2011, 12:40 AM
We3wlcome to the Doggies Daniel.

Raw Toast
26-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Doesn't sound like this to me from what I've been told - very good kick and decision-maker with the ability to spread from the contest.

I'd say more like Higgins or Johnson - outside mid/medium fwd with good disposal efficiency & overhead marking. Not comparing ability or potential, just player type.

He does sound abit like an outside mid who might play the flanks up forward and down back, though my mate reckons he is best suited to the wing which is maybe a bit like the early Johnno, not really sure about the comparison with Higgins. Maybe a Montagna type? (Again type, not ability.)

bornadog
26-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Has got some leg speed?

boydogs
26-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Maybe a Montagna type? (Again type, not ability.)

Montagna is more a pure mid and certainly not known for his leap or marking

Bulldog Revolution
28-11-2011, 12:51 PM

I think a Brett Montgommery type given his overhead skills

Looks a good kick also

boydogs
28-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I think a Brett Montgommery type given his overhead skills

Looks a good kick also

Sounds fair :)

bornadog
24-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Good Luck to Pearce. I guess he may start as Sub?

Maddog37
24-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Good to see more fresh blood. I like the look of this fella. Nice balance and has a bit of time with the ball.

Also goes hard at it and is a nice kick. Fingers crossed we have another goodun.

stefoid
24-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Looking like a good draft for us, so far at least.

Rocco Jones
24-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Good Luck to Pearce. I guess he may start as Sub?

I'd go with Skinner again.

20% because the sub rule kinda suits him and 80% because I cannot see him running out a game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats to the kid. I liked what I saw of him in the NAB game against North.
Admittedly I've only seen him once, but to me he seemed like he could develop into a Gilbee type replacement. Would this be a fair comparison from those who have seen more of him than my one performance?

Maddog37
24-05-2012, 08:56 PM
I am hesitant to answer as I am unsure as to the value of my limited opinion but I would say yes. The Gilbee role would fit him ok. Having said that I can also imagine him in a midfield role too.

Greystache
24-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Congrats to the kid. I liked what I saw of him in the NAB game against North.
Admittedly I've only seen him once, but to me he seemed like he could develop into a Gilbee type replacement. Would this be a fair comparison from those who have seen more of him than my one performance?

I don't see him as that type myself, while not bad by foot, I wouldn't consider him an elite kick. Whether he develops into one we'll have to wait and see.

I see him more as an Easton Wood type, but one who's played more footy and has a more natural feel for the game, and due to that is more able to play through the midfield and find a but more of the footy.

bulldogsman
24-05-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't see him as that type myself, while not bad by foot, I wouldn't consider him an elite kick. Whether he develops into one we'll have to wait and see.

I see him more as an Easton Wood type, but one who's played more footy and has a more natural feel for the game, and due to that is more able to play through the midfield and find a but more of the footy.

Agree with this.

His improvement from the start of last year to now has been enormous. He really struggled early on in the TAC cup, now he's playing AFL. Well done to the kid.

Mofra
24-05-2012, 10:32 PM
A small/mid sized running half back would suit our list well, good luck to the kid

DragzLS1
24-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Think this guy will really grow at around the 50 game mark. Looks decent but could see him tearing it up after a few pre seasons once his confidence is up. Has some speed and could be a real head ache with some experience ;)

jeemak
24-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Good luck to the kid. Hope he goes well and puts his hand up throughout the season after a solid start.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-05-2012, 12:31 AM
He's making some nice progress. Heard a few good reports about him just after we drafted him. A few recruiters/talent scouts thought he could be a player.

Still looks like a baby, but I am really excited to see him play.

Will also be good to see Zeph again.